GTA V Jagged shadows?

Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
1 hour ago, Hephaistos said:

Yeah well I am going to ask a friend. Btw, could you record a clip at the same location I have pls?

I have. It's in this thread already. Clearly shows jaggies. Here's a video I did just now to show you again. And it's in 1440p.

When I'm playing the game, I don't stop to look at this little issue, so it doesn't affect me. It's an issue with the game itself and those that stop and hyper analyze it. It is present in both 900p and 1440p so upgrading your monitor won't make it go away.

It's the same for every game you play. Until a friend shows you otherwise, don't listen to what they say. Here's another video I just made that is even more in depth into this anti-aliasing issue. This time, it's shadows projected from the sun. Watch closely as I move back and forth from the shadows. The anti-aliasing gets better when I get up close and worse when I move back. Bigger and more noticeable jaggies when I move back, tiny and less noticeable jaggies up close.

To make them go away, simply play the game.

15 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Do you still have your other GPU? 

No.

15 hours ago, Hephaistos said:

No.

I am trying dauntless now, just to see if it has the problem.

Just now, Hephaistos said:

No.

And when you first installed the GPU you are using now, did you have this issue then?

And when you first installed the GPU you are using now, did you have this issue then? 

Nope.

15 hours ago, Hephaistos said:

Nope.

Only problem I had was what my first thread was about, but I figured out it was just vram limitation.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, Hephaistos said:

Nope.

Here is the GTA 5 mastered graphic settings just in case you forgot where to set your settings back to...

gtacustgraphset.thumb.png.26d36724b507fc699b4c1f317d66f518.png

5 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

Done that, only result was a big fps impact.

Did you restart the game when you set all the graphic settings to as high as they go?

2 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Did you restart the game when you set all the graphic settings to as high as they go?

I was forced to so yes.

1 minute ago, Hephaistos said:

I was forced to so yes.

The next step I would take(and you may not like it) would be to use DDU once again. But this time leave the nvidia geforce experience installed. And when you use DDU to get rid of your current drivers, revert back to the drivers you were using back when you didn't notice this issue. You can do so here... Older Drivers.

3 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

Where here are the older drivers exactly?

Should look like this...

drivers.thumb.png.db7cc6ed2ce98576127c8099c6f3d9e6.png

Only you would know which driver you were using.

7 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Should look like this...

drivers.thumb.png.db7cc6ed2ce98576127c8099c6f3d9e6.png

Only you would know which driver you were using.

It ain't hard to figure out since I had the card 4 days old, so of course I had the latest drivers.

2 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

It ain't hard to figure out since I had the card 4 days old, so of course I had the latest drivers.

Sounds good. Hope it works out for ya'.

1 minute ago, Intransigent said:

Sounds good. Hope it works out for ya'. 

Do drivers even make a difference?

Do drivers even make a difference?

If newer drivers are constantly being rolled out, what do you think?

Well, first of all ahm about to install and older one. Second of all newer ones might only be released to gimp the 10 series, and decrease performance, maybe by causing stutters etc., but not noticeable frame impact.

shit, windows installed em automaticcaly

2 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

shit, windows installed em automaticcaly

Installed what automatically?

Installed what automatically? 

drivers. but I've done it again, and disabled auto driver update. Now I am installing the drivers.

drivers. but I've done it again, and disabled auto driver update. Now I am installing the drivers.

Ah, I see. Hopefully you used DDU again if it installed drivers. Ya' gotta have a fresh install.

Ah, I see. Hopefully you used DDU again if it installed drivers. Ya' gotta have a fresh install.

yeah

Done that all. Didn't do anything :(((((((((((((

Done that all. Didn't do anything :(((((((((((((

Try this. Take two screenshots of your Global Settings in your nvidia control panel. I want to see if they are matched with mine. Press the Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot just a portion of the screen(in case you don't already know this). It should take two screenshots to show all the Global Settings.

14 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Try this. Take two screenshots of your Global Settings in your nvidia control panel. I want to see if they are matched with mine. Press the Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot just a portion of the screen(in case you don't already know this). It should take two screenshots to show all the Global Settings. 

Ok I'll do that. Oh and btw. When I reinstall drivers, the games anisotropic filtering gets wrecked, and I have to resurrect it via nvcp. So this might work.

14 hours ago, Hephaistos said:

Ok I'll do that. Oh and btw. When I reinstall drivers, the games anisotropic filtering gets wrecked, and I have to resurrect it via nvcp. So this might work.

image.png.2bbb7bbdd032c9c46cdaa14d83e6f7bd.pngimage.png.30e266488ab7293630ff302571f68015.png

14 hours ago, Intransigent said:

So? Are they they the same?

1 hour ago, Hephaistos said:

the games anisotropic filtering gets wrecked, and I have to resurrect it via nvcp. So this might work.

Not sure what you mean here. Hope ya' got that sorted out. The word wrecked doesn't sound good.

23 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

So? Are they they the same?

They are indeed not the same. Hopefully when you match them up, we might be onto something.

• Anisotropic Filtering is at Application-controlled - Mine is set to 16x. It's perfect for every game I play. You can leave this how you have it if you wish.
  • DSR - Factors - I've always had this OFF. This could be the culprit and you should try setting it back to OFF.
  • DSR - Smoothness - I've always had this OFF. This could be the culprit and you should try setting it back to OFF.
  • Power management mode is at Optimal - You're gonna want to put this at Preferred maximum performance regardless of anything. It's a must do from the moment you first setup your PC. Helps with all kinds of issues that may arise with it at Optimal.
  • Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization is at OFF - I have this set to ON because it helps with performance. I don't think you have to change this but it will help with games in general and a reason to turn it back off is if you experience shimmering(which I have not).
  • Texture Filtering - Quality is at Quality - I have this set to High Performance. But once again I don't think you have to change this. I set it to High Performance for the extra fps boost. But you may want to leave it at Quality or try each one of these. Read these to see which one you prefer...

textfu.png.902ae507d815c53a4ad2c2608135368a.png

Not sure what you mean here. Hope ya' got that sorted out. The word wrecked doesn't sound good. 

It is a thing, that I guess happens only to me. I mean, that the anisotropic filtering in the game gets broken, so even if I have set to x16 it wont work. So it has blurry road lines and textures in the distance. I always have to change it in program settings to fix it,

12 minutes ago, Hephaistos said:

It is a thing, that I guess happens only to me. I mean, that the anisotropic filtering in the game gets broken, so even if I have set to x16 it wont work. So it has blurry road lines and textures in the distance. I always have to change it in program settings to fix it,

I see. Well I have edited in the differences.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:
  • DSR - Factors - I've always had this OFF. This could be the culprit and you should try setting it back to OFF.
  • DSR - Smoothness - I've always had this OFF. This could be the culprit and you should try setting it back to OFF.

Didn't work unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Hephaistos said:

Didn't work unfortunately.

Well, you have ruled out many things, which is always good when troubleshooting. However, it's tough to determine the issue. I still think that somehow you didn't notice what you notice now back when you played before. Sometimes, when you're not hyper analyzing it like you are now, maybe you just didn't notice it before.

There's always swapping GPU's to see if your hardware isn't the issue. Especially if you are noticing this issue in all your games. Just because it was working before doesn't mean it can't have issues later on. It's the same with your CPU and RAM. They could be the culprit, who knows.

All I know is that every video you have sent looks completely normal to me. It's possible that what you see in your video we cannot see from our end. Hard to explain why, it has to do with how the video is rendered and displayed. Take screen tearing for example. If you notice screen tearing in some game, record a video of it. Then watch the video. You will not see the screen tearing in the video. It could be the same with this anti-aliasing issue because I just can't see it in your videos. What I see, I see in my 900p game play on my end.