Level of maturity on this forum

Tigerbomb8

Shoot...I should think about retirement...27 here

Shoot me now, I'm 40.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I'm 14, sorry for ruining it for you :( 

No seriously stop complaining about shit, your PC master race pic doesn't look mature to begin with lol

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

In before a bunch of 15 years old whine about how immature 12 years olds are...

In before lots of people think they are mature for their age...

In after people think the age of the poster somehow reflects the content/quality of the post.

No OP, I haven't noticed a decrease in the "level of maturity" on this forum. I have however noticed an increase in "this forum is getting worse" threads, which by themselves make the forum worse. Complaining about the forum getting worse is not a valid way to make it better.

These threads get annoying fast.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Already had this forum thread, the original poster being too whiny as well...

Off topic is where all the other stuff is. You make it seem like this forum is diabolical because there have been a few shitposts.

Besides`:

y-so-srs-2.jpg

Compatible with Windows 95

Has anyone else noticed that the level of maturity on this forum has been dropping steadily as the number of twelve year olds join.. 

The increasing amount of stupid useless comments have made it quite hard to actually talk about the topic at hand.. I cant be the only person to have noticed this..

Yeah cause I'm the most immature little brat there ever was on this forum.

I'm pretty sure theres older people that act like that but not all of those can be mature when it's the INTERNET.

Being "mature" :

tumblr_mhnwjv4w401s2sdtco1_400.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Bit late on the thread but whatever...

The problem is that some people don't like stuff to change and I get that but still that is not a reason for members to spam the forum with this kind of topics.

Also about the 14 year old thingy, I'm 14 and I believe that if you think that all 14 year old children (including me) are the same then it's pointless to discuss.

Just stop with this threads please...

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

You guys do realize that once it gets flooded enough either the people that actually care about discussion will leave or if you stick around its likely theyll get bored and leave or just stop logging in. I have dealt with this on other forums before. My best suggestion just ignore it and reply to or post about stuff you care about or feel you can have a decent discussion about.

Being "mature" :

Posted Image

Thats called fun and hopefully having good insurance :P .

Thats called fun and hopefully having good insurance :P .

gifstache.com_2223_1349989200.gif

Does this mean having a good insurance, too?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

gifstache.com_2223_1349989200.gif

Does this mean having a good insurance, too?

Umm the guy in the truck should have good insurance then.

Hey I'm bloody ancient!

...well, 23 :)

Yep oh so old already growing grey hair :P

Oi. I have been saying this for months. Just a huge amount of new members (that just happen to be 12-16) are treating the forum like a joke and their personal playground to post whatever the hell they want as if it's Facebook or Reddit and then they scream ITS OFF TOPIC I CAN DO WHATEVA I WANT

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The other thing that should probably be pointed out with this is that I see this happening to the PC enthusiast community as whole not just this forum. My guess is because of PC gaming having a resurgence and becoming popular again.

Its also my assumption that I was quite bad when I started out as well until I learned the ropes. The thing is that I was actually willing to learn the ropes, not be hand fed them inch by inch. This actually seemed to start with people around my generation and it only seems to get worse the younger the generation.

Oi. I have been saying this for months. Just a huge amount of new members (that just happen to be 12-16) are treating the forum like a joke and their personal playground to post whatever the hell they want as if it's Facebook or Reddit and then they scream ITS OFF TOPIC I CAN DO WHATEVA I WANT

Thats is what the off topic section is for as long as its within the rules of the forum. Now if they were doing that stuff outside the off topic section that would be something different entirely.

i don't see the problem with posting off topic threads in the off topic section. If you want a certain subject to discuss, try the many other subforums.

The other thing that should probably be pointed out with this is that I see this happening to the PC enthusiast community as whole not just this forum. My guess is because of PC gaming having a resurgence and becoming popular again.

Its also my assumption that I was quite bad when I started out as well until I learned the ropes. The thing is that I was actually willing to learn the ropes, not be hand fed them inch by inch. This actually seemed to start with people around my generation and it only seems to get worse the younger the generation.

Young people will stay young people, they were disrespectful little brats in the 18th century and they'll be disrespectful little brats in the 23rd century. A lot of them at any rate. I say flog them, but apparently that's inhumane, ladidaaaaaaaaa. So I guess we're gonna have to settle for warning points, tempbans and the like the curb them a little bit.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I don't think there is a problem, the problem seems to be invented in some peoples heads.

Off topic has always been like this, that's why posts don't count, personally I enjoy a laugh every now and then as long as it doesn't go too far and if it does you know its going to be locked or deleted anyway, so why get involved? Don't make threads about it and don't post obnoxious GIFs.

I have also noticed 'grudges' developing, not going to mention any names, but there was a altercation in one of the sections in the forum and there was definitely someone being more immature than the other, but now everywhere you go they seem to be having a go at each other. This is really annoying me, dragging us all down and bordering on bullying.

People complaining about 4770k vs 4670k and 290 vs 290x threads seriously need to calm down too. This is a tech forum, these are noob questions... expect them. I feel like its just some of the older members getting bored of answering them, but hey that's what you signed up for...maybe just take a break and visit other sections of the forum?

I personally haven't really bothered doing too much of the recommending stuff on here, I have done it for years on other forums and to be honest I am at the stage of boredom when it comes down to it. There are plenty of other people on here that are amazing at it and willing to help so I just take a back seat most of the time. If you are one of the people complaining about dumb questions I suggest you do the same.

Like I said I don't normally complain, so thought I might as well get some of this off my chest now. I don't have a problem with the OP or anyone else who made these threads or posts, it just needs to stop!

I also don't see any correlation between age and maturity.

TL;DR: If the forum is not making you happy, then why are you here?

... I'm just going to go back to be normal now :lol:

Thats is what the off topic section is for as long as its within the rules of the forum. Now if they were doing that stuff outside the off topic section that would be something different entirely.

i don't see the problem with posting off topic threads in the off topic section. If you want a certain subject to discuss, try the many other subforums.

Problem is that once the plague hits Off topic, it spreads to the whole forum.

It's the same people that excessively spam off topic with junk that will belittle someone for posting a question where they are asking for help.

I also say this because I mentioned LTT to a few of the exec's at my job who might be interested in sending something Linus's way and they have made a few comments regarding how quick people were at jumping to an insult among other things.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Hey I'm bloody ancient!

...well, 23 :)

Ancient ehh at 23, what about me at 25, I must be a dinosaur :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Problem is that once the plague hits Off topic, it spreads to the whole forum.

It's the same people that excessively spam off topic with junk that will belittle someone for posting a question where they are asking for help.

I also say this because I mentioned LTT to a few of the exec's at my job who might be interested in sending something Linus's way and they have made a few comments regarding how quick people were at jumping to an insult among other things.

"they have made a few comments regarding how quick people were at jumping to an insult among other things."

Thats kinda the whole internet nowdays, not that I think it should be like that I dont.

but I dont think offtopic will spread really, if it does nip it in the butt?

I don't get what everyone's problem is. I went to the "new content" page just now and saw that only one was off topic.

Everything else that I've seen is a bunch of legitimate questions about tech and all that. 

From what I see, ~90% of everything on this forum is on topic. I think a lot of people are just bored of on topic things like the redundant "780ti vs r9 290x" topic, so they dig for the shitposts or other off topic threads and bitch about them.