best USA to Europe adapter

Hi all
I am going on a trip to Europe and I am in a need of a good US to Europe ( Poland)  adapter .

In Poland the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz

I was looking on amazon and found
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-TESSAN-Universal-Charger-Charging/dp/B07FJWLLDB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=us+to+europe+adapter&qid=1563219211&s=gateway&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/European-TESSAN-International-Lightweight-Traveler/dp/B07MZN9457/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=us+to+europe+adapter&qid=1563219276&s=gateway&sr=8-8

I just want to be sure that I wont fry my laptop camera and phone... If you could recommend something I would appreciate that.

Thanks

Oh you mean adapter... gee that explains a lot.

It doesn't really matter, both are much of the same... realistically you only need one since your phone can be charged through your laptop.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Oh you mean adapter... gee that explains a lot.

It doesn't really matter, both are much of the same... realistically you only need one since your phone can be charged through your laptop.

yes thats what I mean lol

but will it convert the voltage ? are my electronics safe ?

1 minute ago, max668 said:

but will it convert the voltage ?

It will work with any 220v to 240v outlets, now if where you're going uses 110v~120v outlets instead then you'll need an active converted unless your device is bivolt, which very much likely it is... you can find it out reading the label on your power brick of the laptop.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, max668 said:

yes thats what I mean lol

but will it convert the voltage ? are my electronics safe ?

No it will not. Some chargers actually accept 100-230v so that might not be a problem. You should check the label/text on the chargers. 

34 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Most modern devices like laptop charges and so forth should work on both. Check the markings on the charger and device in question.. If it says something like input 110-240 volts then it will work in both Europe and the US. Only requiring an adapter for the physical plug.

If the charger or device says input 110 volts, and nothing else.. Plugging it into the wall in Europe will cause it to blow up, unless you get a converter.. Those are usually heavy and bulky if you get a proper one.

But like mentioned, most modern devices will handle EU/USA just fine.

AC_label.JPG

Picture above is an example of a laptop charger, as you see in the red square. Input is 100-240 volts.. So it will work fine on USA and European power networks, simply needing a plug adapter.

Its hard to see cause the text its small but you are right its there. First line on top. Thanks20190715_163932.jpg

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

You're fine it supports from 100 to 240 volts amd from 50 to 60hz so you are fine going anywhere. The only issue is if you have an older console as those tend to be regional.

.Image result for voltages and frequencies of the world

Also here's a little photo, showing you voltages, and as you can see your power supply is fine. You won't ever fry your electronics when going abroad considering that even the cheapest chargers can accept these range of voltages and frequencies. Again as I mentioned, the only issue you will have is with older consoles like the ps2 or ps1 which have power supplies specifically built for each of the regions above however there was one ps2 slim which had an external power supply and didn't have the issue but that's just me going off topic.

So yeah, you'll always be fine unless you carry electronics that are quite old.

You could buy one in most shopping centres, if you're wondering where to buy electronics in Poland:
-Media Markt
-RTV Euro AGD
-Saturn

-Media Expert
more general:
-Auchan

-Carrefour

electronics, but online shops with small choice at local stores:
-x-kom
-morele
-komputronik

I know I had a bit of a problem last time I was abroad, searching 'electric shop' on Google Maps led me to some weird places before I decided to use Street View and check the shops out.

In Europe outside of the UK there can be differing two pin sockets and their grounding pins can differ.  Good to look at a site like this one to see what is commonly used in the country(s) you will visit.  We do a lot of traveling and usually take both the grounded and ungrounded plugs along for convenience sake.  We like the Tessan brand adapters that have two USB connection sites in addition to the normal three pin grounded receptacle for laptops.  You can charge your phone, laptop and tablet at the same time as long as they are dual voltage compatible.  Most are.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10