Need HELP, new pc smells burned

Go to solution Solved by NewUser99900,
44 minutes ago, Lightsilent said:

Take ram out and place back in. Reset bios. This might fix the issue. 

I started my system new After a while with only the cpu, mobo one ram stick and aio and it worked very good. Probably the lad's of the fans alls where burned down as I realized that the light does not turn on. Hopefully it will all work when I connect the other 24gb of ram and the gpu 

Hello

I just yesterday build a new computer. Everything was fine and I installed some nice games. While it was turned on I configured the rgb. Also I plugged in the rgb cables to the rgb headers on the motherboard. Then accidentally I plugged in a Rgb extension cable to a rgb header and the whole system shut down. I tried to start it but only fans were lighting up for 1milli sec. And then everything turned off. 

I fast unplugged everything and removed the gpu. Then plugged in the 24pin for board and 8pin cpu back and tried to start it. First it started for a mill sec and shut down a it did before but a second later it started working but smelled burned all over my room, so I immediately turned everything off and unplugged it. 

Now I need help. I saved the money for several years (I'm only 16years and live in Germany)

My computer:

Psu: 600W enermax Platimax DW

Gpu: zotac amp extreme gtx 1080

Cpu: I5 8600k

Msi z370 gaming pro carbon

500gb m2 NVME

1tb barracuda Seagate

Aio: liqfusion 240mm

Fans: 6x Enermax TB Rgb

Ram: 4x 8gb Corsair LPX

Case: 011 Dynamic by lian Li

Please fast help !!!! ;((((

Your PSU might be dead judging by the burned smell and the mil sec start you mentioned.

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

Nah man you might have fried your mobo. :o

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Please use just the 1 topic for the same issue.

psu is shorted or motherboard, that is why it tries and shutsdown

disasemble and check motherboard extensively

try with another psu, dont use any rgb, just use cpu fan while testing

It is clear that you plugged a 3 pin 5 Volt on a 4 or 5 pin that is 12 Volt.

Except that you burned the fan leds the smell indicate that you also burn the motherboard header.

If your lucky that's about it.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

-Threads merged-

Please refrain from making duplicate posts in multiple sub forums.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

44 minutes ago, Lightsilent said:

Take ram out and place back in. Reset bios. This might fix the issue. 

I started my system new After a while with only the cpu, mobo one ram stick and aio and it worked very good. Probably the lad's of the fans alls where burned down as I realized that the light does not turn on. Hopefully it will all work when I connect the other 24gb of ram and the gpu 

48 minutes ago, Zeddex said:

Your PSU might be dead judging by the burned smell and the mil sec start you mentioned.

The smell 100% is not from the psu

1 hour ago, NewUser99900 said:

accidentally I plugged in a Rgb extension cable to a rgb header

How do you accidentally plug in a cable?

The 4 pin connector commonly used for RGB can be plugged in the wrong way. Did that happen?

:)

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The 4 pin connector commonly used for RGB can be plugged in the wrong way. Did that happen?

If you do that, it doesn't make any kind of burning smell or do any damage. It just inverts the RGB colors. Source: I'm an idiot.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

10 minutes ago, seon123 said:

soo: On my board there are several RGB headers. On the one header i plugget in a Y- cable. Then i plugget into the Y cable accidentally a cable extension from another rgb header from the motherboard.

36 minutes ago, Constantin said:

It is clear that you plugged a 3 pin 5 Volt on a 4 or 5 pin that is 12 Volt.

Except that you burned the fan leds the smell indicate that you also burn the motherboard header.

If your lucky that's about it.

4pin in a 4pin

(Writing now this replie on the pc)

Seems like it is working without GPU with all 4 ram sticks. should i now add the gpu or should i just wait 

So i think i now what happened kinda. I tried now all RGB headers onboard and it seems like noone works, Hopefully other headers onboard like USB and Audio are still working

Yeah sounds like you burned your RGB power lines. Is there something you can see being broken on the board?

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah sounds like you burned your RGB power lines. Is there something you can see being broken on the board?

or the rgb controller itself

44 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

looks like everything i need works fine. The normal Fan power connectors and the pump connector is working, the other stuff i havent tried yet. I mean its now kinda shitty that my whole pc is not RGB now, but i guess its my fault :)

THANKS TO ALL LEGENDS THAT HELPED ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.

AGAIN MY STUPIDITY HAD BROKEN SOMETHING IN JUST A FEW SECONDS!