Friend asking me about this amp/DAC

LinusTech

I already gave him the spiel about how "purists will prefer that the headphones colour the sound versus the amp and DAC" but at that price if it's at all decent....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/aune-t1-amp-dac-combo?mode=guest_open

I know the first question is going to be "what headphones is he using" but he can probably use pretty much anything. His headphone collection is bigger than mine (he has 20+ iirc) but he's yet to add a proper amp/DAC to his setup.

One solution I suggested was just picking up an amp and using the 3.5mm out on his iOS device or PC, but I think he prefers and all-in-one solution.

Any other thoughts? I'm going to link him here.

What about an O2 amp/dac? Aren't those the most pure sound? Or does he want a tube amp?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

It looks pretty good. Yeah it will colour the sound, and music wont sound how it's mixed etc.. But it will sound extremely good (A lot of music is mixed like crap now anyway). Tube amps give a nice warm sound that no solid state amp can reproduce (cheaply anyway)  :)

hello

What about an O2 amp/dac? Aren't those the most pure sound? Or does he want a tube amp?

He wants to spend $130 :P

O2/ODAC is $250ish

I don't know his situation, but he could do with just the amp. If he has fine onboard or even uses a PC as a source

By the amp I meant pretty much any amp, but he o2 amp is about 130 dollars

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I wonder if this is Linus's attempt to redeem the audio forum? After that "shoutout" on the WAN show.

Also I can say tube AMPs are in fact awesome. Although I don't own one I know someone with a very nice tube AMP that sounds very good. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Personally i would go for the Yulong U100, but that's only because i absolutely hate the design of the T1's. Performance wise they are about the same.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

OMG! Linus asking the forum a question? Am I dreaming here?

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

He wants to spend $130 :P

O2/ODAC is $250ish

Well what about a FiiO E17? It's 130$. Or does it need to have analog input?

I don't know of anything of a better deal for a good quality tube amp than that massdrop one.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

that moment when your friend will see that you're the owner, the "baws" of this forum :3

does he know that?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

that moment when your friend will see that you're the owner, the "baws" of this forum :3

does he know that?

More than 3 line signature alert!

(Quick change it before he notices!)

So many worshipers here, lol. He's human like you, he can have a question, lol

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

umm... what? why? is it against the c.o.c. ?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

LinusTech I know you said that he has multiple cans, but is there a specific pair that is his main driver?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

His sig is 3 lines....

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I thought someone was trolling us with the same profile pic at first but no. Linus asked us a question!

If he doesn't mind it let him buy it, it's his money anyway.

i'm a potato

umm... what? why? is it against the c.o.c. ?

Yeah 3 Lines is the limit. Just put #Killedmywide on the same line as the doge thing and you'll be fine.

Edit: I am stupid and on a low res screen

100 ohm output impedance will wreck just about any headphone, as well as destroying the output power of the amp.

Edit - You don't need a DAC if he using a modern motherboard or IOS device, they both have really good DAC's.

Tell him to keep what he's got unless one of the headphones in his collection doesn't get loud enough.  Link him to the FAQ and point out the first FAQ question.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

There's this guy on YouTube called Linus (I'm sure you haven't heard of him), and he recommends an Asus Xonar soundcard at any price point. Just pick the one that fits your friend's budget.

Personally i would go for the Yulong U100, but that's only because i absolutely hate the design of the T1's. Performance wise they are about the same.

>Chinese

but muh freedoms. Seriously though. Just like my ecig mods, would rather get one that is made here in America. I would suggest just saving up for an o2 amp if it is really necessary.

There's this guy on YouTube called Linus (I'm sure you haven't heard of him), and he recommends an Asus Xonar soundcard at any price point. Just pick the one that fits your friend's budget.

top lel. giving credit where it is deserved.
1ka9HHs.png

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review