Need script to output smartctl results into text file.

Here's what I need to do here.

I use a program called Hard Disk Sentinel, and I have the pro version. This allows me to read the drive status of NASes, if you can get them to output a file.

I recently setup a Synology DS418, and I would like to get it setup to output the smartctl results of all 4 drives into one textfile into "volume1/HDSentinel". I have 4 Seagate Ironwolf 10TB drives inside it.

I tried to do it by myself, but the whole linux command structure is Greek to me. Here's what I was able to make:

Can anyone help? It'd be sweet if I could monitor the drives from within HDSentinel. TIA.

{ smartctl --scan smartctl -a -d sat -T permissive /dev/sda : smartctl --scan smartctl -a -d sat -T permissive /dev/sdb : smartctl --scan smartctl -a -d sat -T permissive /dev/sdc : smartctl --scan smartctl -a -d sat -T permissive /dev/sdd } > /volume1/HDSentinel/hdsentinel.txt

I have to ask, why are you using a third party tool to look at SMART Data, when Synology OS has SMART Monitoring built in? You can look at the SMART Data via the Storage Manager.

Storage Manager -> HDD/SSD -> Health Info -> SMART Info tab

You can even configure scheduled SMART scans, and automated alerts (email, for example) for when a drive has SMART errors detected.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I know all about these options. I'd just like to see the drives show up in HDSentinel.