250D or Node 304 and what psu?

Jonis

So, Ive decided that im going to build a itx gaming rig, but im not sure what chassi I want. And after all the fuss about the RM550 (that I was going to buy) not being that good, what do you guys think.

So im pretty sure that the chassis going to be the Corsair 250D or Fractal Design Node 304, the "no compromises" of the 250d is just a lie, cant mount a tower cooler on that CPU and a ASUS DCU2 barely fit, im going with a MSI 770 dont know if that fits. The node seems better, but the PSU lenght is probably the only "problem" with it.

And while we are talking about PSUs, should i go with the RM550? or should i go for a Cooler Master Silent Pro 520w? or maybe another corsair PSU? like CS550M. 

The retailer im buying from does not have any Seasonic modular PSUs and no XFXs at all.

Here are the parts im going for

i5 4670k

Asus Z87I-Pro

Vengeance Pro 8gb 1600mhz gold

MSI GTX 770

WD green 2tb

Samsung 840 Evo 120gb

Thanks in advance :)

If you want it to be as small as possible: Node 304

If you want more possibilities: 250D

As for the PSU the RM series has had some problems, but they are fixed now as far as I know so I see not problem going for it :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I can recommend the silverstone modular SFX 450w psu for the node 304 for smooth building, or any CX series from corsair if you can handle the cable management. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256084

(recently did a build with a 780 /3570k with a cx500 and was some work to get it to fit)

No bigger then 160mm will fit in the Node 304 with the PSU mount if you plan to use a graphics card,it hits the side of the GPU if its longer then that.

havent built in the 250D yet but it looks nice but at that size you might as well go fulltard and get a prodigy imo.

Lot of love for Corsair here :P

About that RM PSU, I did read that the Caps are not that good?

Might ad that i have a question about CPU cooler, but maybe I should open a thread on the air cooling section when I got the chassi figured out :)

Keep the answers coming! 

Can't you get BeQuiet PSUs in sweden?

Go for a E9 480 CM if the price is right or a cheaper L8 530W

ft 03 mini anyone?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Actually yes Andi, i can!

Will it work? might do some OCing, not much becaus of the lack of cooling options(if i dont buy a H100i but dont realy want one)

Actually yes Andi, i can!

Will it work? might do some OCing, not much becaus of the lack of cooling options(if i dont buy a H100i but dont realy want one)

if you are hesitant you can get a CX600w they are decent and 160mm

Well, the CX PSUs are cheaper. Are they somewhat silent?

Well, leaning towards the 250D

Thinking of going with Be Quiet PSUs, need to decide tho.

Either E9 450W 80+ Gold

or L8 530W 80+ bronze

The L8 is cheaper.

Thanks again guys, if you have anything to add please do! :)

be quiets are just quiet and good quality...here in germany they are at 70% market-share or something stupid like that.

I have a Node 304 and honestly I love it. If you don't have too much hard drives, it's very easy to build in, and the GPU stays nice and cool with that huge vent. I would definetly recommend getting the Node 304.

As for a PSU, have a look at the Cooler Master V550s, 150mm long (so fits perfectly) and a Seasonic OEM. From my experience it's quiet.

THE signature

Hey Jonis , i would suggest the Corsair 250D as it has compatibility For a h100i , which is awesome , also you can fit any power supply you want  and it looks amazing , as for the power supply i would suggest a corsair cs550m as it is a cheap 80+ gold PSU that has a semi modular interface and is from a reputable brand (corsair) 

Happy  Building :)

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

Between these two, Corsair for me. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

We'll see, think im going to wait abit more before i order the stuff. Going to wait untill the 250D is released so i can se some builds in it, but its still 50/50 on the case xD and we'll see about the PSU... 

I have the Node 304 with an CS550M from Corsair. It's an awesome budget PSU with 80+ Gold certificate. The thing, which I like the most is that it is shorter than the standard ATX PSUs like the RM series from Corsair, this allows for better cable management, because there is just more space and it is also lighter. Most PSUs weigh around 2.6-2.9KG and this one is only 1.9KG, which if you are building an extremely portable system is a really huge deal. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

The Node 304 is the case the 250D wants to be

Compatible with Windows 95