Which X570 got your interest?

i know its premium stuff, sort off.

but if you had to pick one(s) which would you get?

so far I like  steel legend from asrock looks pretty and not too pricey..perf unknown lol

Asus strix-e (also happens to be the one that I ordered). Nice features, OC3D's review of it claims the fan isn't too bad and overclocks just as well as the crosshair hero. In terms of looks though, the asrock taichi is definitely my favorite. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

None of it! I'm waiting for Threadripper 3000 to hit the scenes so I can have some workstation fun!

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

ones with dual 8 pin power connectors because my Cablemod cables don't have any 4-pin CPU cables, just a pair of 8 pins.

The Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master is on my list.  Not as insanely priced as some of the others, and according to GN has great VRM's and power delivery. Plus, it looks pretty nice IMO.  Should pair nicely with the 3900X I'm planning on buying.  This'll be the first time I'm upgrading a PC instead of building from scratch, so just having to buy a CPU and Mobo is going to be nice. haha. 

I Bought the MSI MEG Ace, I like the boards looks with the black and gold and the infinity mirror, I also really wanted the 3 m.2 slots and I cant imagine it having any problems overclocking well. 

its also quite interesting that some mobo has changed cmos location & some with proper heatsink on vrm (gigabyte only?), finally 8x sata ports andd more m.2

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I Bought the MSI MEG Ace, I like the boards looks with the black and gold and the infinity mirror, I also really wanted the 3 m.2 slots and I cant imagine it having any problems overclocking well. 

The Ace is a nice looking board as well.  I was my original choice honestly, but I've never owned a Gigabyte mobo, and I wanted to give them a shot. (I have two builds, one with an Asrock the other with an MSI.)

Just now, pstarlord said:

The Ace is a nice looking board as well.  I was my original choice honestly, but I've never owned a Gigabyte mobo, and I wanted to give them a shot. (I have two builds, one with an Asrock the other with an MSI.)

Funny you say that, I had a gigabyte x470 gaming 7 and decided I wanted to try something different myself lol. Actually I got the board yesterday and wanted a 3900x but there were none to be had in Canada on launch day and since I had already been down without my gaming computer since the start of June I decided to buy a 3600 as a stop gap chip so I could get running again. Ive been happy enough with it that Im not sure Im gonna bother buying a 3900x any time soon. Im sure eventually ill pick one up but I might roll with this for a few months

27 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Which X570 got your interest?

None. X470-boards are better value and work just as well for the new Ryzens. If I had the money, I'd go for X470 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Funny you say that, I had a gigabyte x470 gaming 7 and decided I wanted to try something different myself lol. Actually I got the board yesterday and wanted a 3900x but there were none to be had in Canada on launch day and since I had already been down without my gaming computer since the start of June I decided to buy a 3600 as a stop gap chip so I could get running again. Ive been happy enough with it that Im not sure Im gonna bother buying a 3900x any time soon. Im sure eventually ill pick one up but I might roll with this for a few months

haha, funny how that works.  Congrats on the new goodies!  The part of me who really just wants to go all out on this upgrade is wanting me to go 3900x, but in reality, for what I do I probably wouldn't even notice a difference between any of the new ones.  They'd all be a great upgrade over my 1700x though. haha. 

Deleted double post

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

If I have to pick X570 based on how they looks, Asus Prime-Pro or Strix ITX or Gigabyte Aorus Extreme.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

2 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Actually MSI's designs are nice, but they kill themself with their outdated comical dragon logo.

A high tech modern hardware with that kind of logo turns me off instantly.

SILVER GLINT

18 minutes ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

Actually MSI's designs are nice, but they kill themself with their outdated comical dragon logo.

A high tech modern hardware with that kind of logo turns me off instantly.

I actually like the Dragon, but I can understand why some wouldn't. Actually all of the drain plugs on my loop have dragons on them now that I am looking at it, that wasn't intentional as when I ordered them I hadn't even decided on a board yet, they were just the once I happened to find on ali-express that turned into happy little coincidences lol.

the extreme edition gigabyte with passive cooling, it makes it too expensive to run ryzen, but will never buy a motherboard with an active fan on it, rather build an fanduct, and use a 140mm if i really need too.

hate smaller than 120mm fans, they can have an annoying sound signature.

For me it will be the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi. :P

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

As i have had asus for 10 years now with my X58 system and it has just worked flawless.

I have once again set my eyes on asus and that will be asus rog crosshair viii hero with a RYZEN 9 3950X cpu when it comes out.

None of them... I need a friggen mATX motherboard, there are no mATX motherboards at launch.

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=x570+matx

Almost tempted to get a cheaper B450 motherboard instead... but the selection of mATX B450 boards that support OC 3700x and has bios flashback without a CPU is so small... (like, 3 or 4 from MSI)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

When will B540 motherboards be released?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

imo they all suck donkey dick.

i thought we were done with this. 

a freaking chipset cooling fan? really? 

im over here trying to get my 9 nocutas to turn off when idle and they go and put a freaking not even 40mm propriatary fan on all the boards.

i can already see the wave of boards on the used market with broken fans in a couple of years.

make the heatsink bigger if you have to. for fucks sake put heatpipes on if you need to but 30/40mm fans are really the last thing i want more of in my rig.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3