How to disable intel turbo boost

I'm trying to find how to disable it. Because i think this is making me have unstable fps on multiplayer games.

In case you guys wanna know the rig.. I7 3770, gtx 1080, 1tbgb, 250gb ssd, and 16gb.

4 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Because i think this is making me have unstable fps on multiplayer games.

What makes you think that?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

I'm trying to find how to disable it

Should be in BIOS

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Turbo boost increases performance, cutting frequency by disabling turbo boost would yield worse performance.

It's entirely possible that your CPU is simply bottlenecking your graphics card, given the fact that it's very old.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, r2724r16 said:

What makes you think that?

I'm having an issue where my cpu and gpu usage drops together. Some people who solved that, claimed that it was (they had amd cpu, so it was the amd boost stuff). Other said it was the hdd, but still with ssd i'm having this problem...

2 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

I'm having an issue where my cpu and gpu usage drops together. Some people who solved that, claimed that it was (they had amd cpu, so it was the amd boost stuff). Other said it was the hdd, but still with ssd i'm having this problem...

Turbo boost causes the frequency of a few CPU cores to increase when temperatures are low enough. I don't see how this can cause a dip in performance; if anything, it should help improve performance.

That being said, disable turbo boost in your BIOS and see if anything changes if you're curious.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones