x570 Chipset Waterblock

5 hours ago, Madgemade said:

I guess you considered something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948192293.html

It's very cheap, although you would have to factor in the cost of mounting it (custom bracket + nuts & bolts).

That exact one I linked might not be suitable as I couldn't find the size of the mounting holes, it might not be a standard and might vary between vendors.

I don't have an X570 but if I had to buy one and watercool it, that's the method I would use. Might be a good idea for an LTT video.

I won't get this one because its Aluminium and everything else is copper in my loop. But thank you for the suggestion! I found a Chinese one fo 10 bucks and ill 3D Print myself a bracket 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 7/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Colb said:

These look like they may do the job .  I haven't got my board yet so cannot measure . But if the holes are within the spec I think I will give it a try .  Cheap enough not to worry if it is no good 

£11.29  13%OFF | DIY North and South bridge Water cooled cooling watercooled cooler diagonal hole spacing 43mm-58mm

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/l2USYIG

So , I have now got my board x570 taichi and one of the above coolers and there are two main problems 

I've fit the cooler , it fits on the chipset just fine .  However it then means that the 1st and  second pcie slots are unusable with a long gpu (gtx1080ti with water lock) .   The bottom slot is available , and may then be a option for some people . I however trying doing this in a inwin 303 and the bottom slot in that case is unavailable for any card as it's so close to the floor .   I have ordered a bracket to turn the card vertical.  This should allow for me to fit my card and  cool both .

The second problem is the metal cover that also acts as a nvme cooler .  This obviously does not fit any longer . There seams to be two options here . Either cut a section out of the metal cover which would work but destroy any resale value , so I will leave it off and use a aftermarket nvme passive cooler.   

Iam still a fair ways off having it up and running but think I can see a way to the end , hopefully 

IMG_20190801_110057.jpg

4 hours ago, Colb said:

So , I have now got my board x570 taichi and one of the above coolers and there are two main problems 

I've fit the cooler , it fits on the chipset just fine .  However it then means that the 1st and  second pcie slots are unusable with a long gpu (gtx1080ti with water lock) .   The bottom slot is available , and may then be a option for some people . I however trying doing this in a inwin 303 and the bottom slot in that case is unavailable for any card as it's so close to the floor .   I have ordered a bracket to turn the card vertical.  This should allow for me to fit my card and  cool both .

The second problem is the metal cover that also acts as a nvme cooler .  This obviously does not fit any longer . There seams to be two options here . Either cut a section out of the metal cover which would work but destroy any resale value , so I will leave it off and use a aftermarket nvme passive cooler.   

Iam still a fair ways off having it up and running but think I can see a way to the end , hopefully 

BRO, THANKS FOR SAVING MY A. I won't get a water block on the chipset :/

I want to get the Taichi to, so its very good to know about the GPU issues. I need 4 GPUS for F@H... guess ill have to stick with the small fan then. Did you try it with the fan?= How bad was it?

About the SSD: Unles its a PCIe 4.0 one (they run HOOOOT)

There are aftermarket coolers, but do only cool the controller! The actual NAND likes to run at tiger temperatures. Although I dont think a full cover cooler would damage it any time soon. Oh and BTW they are all passive, so no small fans :D 

About heatsinks for SSDs:

Spoiler

A nice heatsink (dont know where you buying from, but there are similar products from other brands 

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue-produkte/20838/alphacool-hdx-m.2-ssd-m01-80mm-schwarz

And yes, this bit of metal is enough

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Nice , thank for the advice on the SSD heatsink.

Yeah I tried it with the chipset fan , to be honest is wasn't too bad .  If I had to leave it then it wouldn't of been the end of the world . And it's still an option to just leave it if the vertical gpu doesn't solve all my problems . 

Hey, I'm also dealing with this annoying fan on ASRock Taichi x570 motherboard. As you already stripped everything apart, would you please tell me these?

- what are the dimensions of original fan? In case I wanted to replace it with better quality one

- what are the dimensions of chipset itself and what's the diameter and distance between the two holes? I'm considering getting beefy aftermarket heatsink

Nobody was nice enough to provide dimensions so I measured it myself. Here's the thread if anybody is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmods/comments/co5zhc/i_have_to_get_rid_of_asrock_taichi_x570_chipset/ewsnfn0/

fan diameter ~35mm
heatsink dimensions ~57mm x 70mm x 6mm
heatsink standoffs ~6mm
distance between heatsink mounting bolts ~53mm
chipset dimensions ~25mm x 25mm

So, in planning for my current build, i went with the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the simple fact that it is one of the only boards that has individual m.2 slots with individual covers / coolers.  All other boards used the covers that were one giant piece that also covered the chipset and that fan.  That one detail was the deciding factor for my motherboard choice.  This is a picture of the board as i was about to test it, prior to water cooling.  I had to move the m.2 to the 1st slot, and the 3rd slot in order for both drives to be recognized.

20190707_112751.jpg

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

On 8/14/2019 at 12:59 PM, ad1das said:

So, in planning for my current build, i went with the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the simple fact that it is one of the only boards that has individual m.2 slots with individual covers / coolers.  All other boards used the covers that were one giant piece that also covered the chipset and that fan.  That one detail was the deciding factor for my motherboard choice.  [...]

I'm planing with the Gigabyte Aorus Master, too. Mainly, because of segmented covers, plus the 2x internal USB3.0 header, I need for my case, but also the price is cheap compared to asus crosshair series.

If you have any experiences I would be glad if you could share them here.

I ve the hope my old Heatkiller SB Rev3 fits on the southbridge

You could just buy a X470 board since X570 doesn't add anything other than PCI-e 4.0 which still has no use on the mainstream.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

38 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

[...] PCI-e 4.0 which still has no use on the mainstream.

Still has no use, but next gen GPUs will support it I think. From that I could continue to use my old X370 Board, but that is not the point, if I m reworking my system, I m planing at least with a board and CPU from the latest gen. coz it provides me a driver/bios support for the next years and the latest technologies.

1 minute ago, raekaos said:

but next gen GPUs will support it I think

If PCI-e 3.0 16x is still enough for the RTX TITAN then I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

2 minutes ago, raekaos said:

if I m reworking my system, I m planing at least with a board and CPU from the latest gen. coz it provides me a driver/bios support for the next years and the latest technologies.

Usually getting the best value today and years down the road just upgrade the platform when there's enough of these said "new technologies" around is a better value proposition.

People who bought the i7 8700K in 2017 did not spend more than those who got a first gen Ryzen and upgraded today to a Zen 2 as the spending was the same if not more on the AMD side while the R5 3600X still doesn't outperform the i7 8700K.

So whoever has an i7 8700K is still perfectly up to date 3 years later it's purchase and when they do upgrade their CPU and motherboard for the latest and greatest the total spending was the same of those who got in the "AM4 Future Proof" ideal having done more upgrades in narrow window of time.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, raekaos said:

I'm planing with the Gigabyte Aorus Master, too. Mainly, because of segmented covers, plus the 2x internal USB3.0 header, I need for my case, but also the price is cheap compared to asus crosshair series.

If you have any experiences I would be glad if you could share them here.

I ve the hope my old Heatkiller SB Rev3 fits on the southbridge

Don't forget that it has Wifi 6 as well :) 802.11ax!  Ill try and take a picture of how much room you would have with a graphics card installed.  Granted i have a water block on my card, so it is significantly thinner than if it had the stock cooler on there.  With a water block you may have the proper clearance to put that heatkiller on the SB

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

2 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

If PCI-e 3.0 16x is still enough for the RTX TITAN then I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Usually getting the best value today and years down the road just upgrade the platform when there's enough of these said "new technologies" around is a better value proposition.

People who bought the i7 8700K in 2017 did not spend more than those who got a first gen Ryzen and upgraded today to a Zen 2 as the spending was the same if not more on the AMD side while the R5 3600X still doesn't outperform the i7 8700K. 

So whoever has an i7 8700K is still perfectly up to date 3 years later it's purchase and when they do upgrade their CPU and motherboard for the latest and greatest the total spending was the same of those who got in the "AM4 Future Proof" ideal having done more upgrades in narrow window of time. 

Maybe.

And I m absolutly with you. But as I said "if I m reworking..." that is what I m planing to do in the near future and I m not doing this for performance issues or need of a new system, it is just for fun. I ve a few new ideas for my watercooling system, a few new options I want to mess around with and in the end it's just a hobby for me. Here and today and with my budget X570 series are the best boards for Zen2, not necessarily the best for bucks but the best option for me.

Offtopic:

The i7 8700K is one of best CPUs from Intel in past years and an absolute exception, because of it early above-average drop in price. But at release it cost  > 100,- bucks more than a Ryzen 5 1600X at release and after 6 months it was twice as expensive as the 1600X and still 100,- more than the 1700X. It was Intels counter to AMDs Ryzen 7 series CPUs with more single core performance but not too bad multicore, and I think the revenue wasnt much for this CPU. With Zen 2 Intel ist loosing more and more ground to AMD even in server market. I m glad I m gone with Red in early 2017 and dont have to support this Intel tick tock tock tock ... muck around with customers system anymore. 

@ad1das

The Heatkiller SB has one side without terminals and therefore even more clearence for GPUs but with a waterblock on GPU it shouldnt that much of a probleme.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, ad1das said:

Don't forget that it has Wifi 6 as well :) 802.11ax!  Ill try and take a picture of how much room you would have with a graphics card installed.  Granted i have a water block on my card, so it is significantly thinner than if it had the stock cooler on there.  With a water block you may have the proper clearance to put that heatkiller on the SB

Success!

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that putting a liquid cooling block on x570 works well for the ASRock Taichi x570.

The Koolance CHC-122 Water Block fits on there just fine.  You'll have to permanently remove the heat shield that's stock on the mobo.  During installation I was able to reattach the motherboard backplate, so you'll still have good rigidity.  

Also, compression fittings don't seem to fit the CHC-122, so you'll have to use barb fittings.  The temps stay around 31-35*C.

The motherboard doesn't complain at all about the southbridge fan being absent (0 RPM).  (Other mobos might be different)

I have a PCIe riser cable to move my GPU, so no issues there for me.  But if you were planning to put a big GPU in there then you might have trouble.  The waterblock is round and can be spun around, so it might be possible to get around a big/long GPU... but no promises.

You can see it in the top left of this photo, next to an EK Velocity AMD block on the CPU.

IMG_20190901_093438_2.jpg.a4b374126512a5749d86c4bfaf148599.jpg

1 hour ago, spiceygas said:

barbed fittings don't seem to fit the CHC-122, so you'll have to use barb fittings

I assume you mean that compression fittings don't fit?

Looking good, would be very effective for vertical mounted GPU systems.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

28 minutes ago, Madgemade said:

I assume you mean that compression fittings don't fit?

Looking good, would be very effective for vertical mounted GPU systems.

Oops.  Yes, I made a typo -- I'll go back and fix it for future readers.

Thanks for catching my mistake.

Heat killer is the best solution!  The silver version would match the aorus x570 master to a tee!

Here is the Heatkiller Nickel version.  Its heavier than the acetal version and feels premium.

If you're just looking for faster PCIE ports for storage the new controllers for them still haven't pushed past RAID'ed speeds for PCIE 3.0 drives (as far as I know?) so it may be cheaper to go that route. Just stick with your current setup and add a M.2 add-in card to bypass DMI limitations (the 4GB/s cap). Not sure why else you would need PCIE 4.0 yet but if you can think of something I'd be interested...if there's something cool I'd upgrade my 9900k setup to AMD for it but I haven't found a reason yet. I'm generally obsessed with storage speeds and I even made a whole video about it (bottom link in my sig) but even I am not sure about making the move yet. Thoughts anyone?

Edit: For real though, keeping to the topic, I'd love a reason to switch and I'm watercooling and have 200mm fans for low noise so a water + quiet fans setup is my jam so if anyone can think of anything I'd be in this same boat, the Aqua is even out of my price range though, that thing is obscene. Any alternatives would be cool but I haven't seen any good boards that fit the profile we're looking for, I assume there will be a lot more soon once the x570 platform matures.

PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8GYLQD

System Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB PC4000 16-16-16-36
GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 K|ngp|n Hybrid W/ 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fans  (Undervolted, No OC Yet)
Case: Corsair 4000D W/ a 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fan in the Only Spot Without a Radiator
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB (Boot) + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB x 2 (RAID-0) + 8TB RAID-1 NAS Drive x 2 (RAID-1) + PERC H730 W/ Toshiba PX04SMB160 1.6TB Enterprise SSD x 2 (RAID-0)
PSU: EVGA - 1000 T2 Modular PSU
Display(s): Acer - Predator Z1 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor +TCL 55S405 55" 4K HDR Display (Gaming Mode) + Samsung 27" Display (1080p60 Trash lol)
Cooling: Liquid Freezer II 280mm W/ 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000 RPM PWM Industrial Fans
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB (Cherry MX Red)
Mouse: Cooler Master MM720
Sound: Logitech G Series G935

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Psygnosi said:

Yes the Heatkiller NB/SB waterblock works with the Aorus x570 Master.  See the following video below:

Aorus x570 Master Heatkiller Modification

Great vid man, i will def have to give this a try.  I have my stuff hard tubed, so i dont know if my fittings will work with that block, but i will figure something out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, ad1das said:

Great vid man, i will def have to give this a try.  I have my stuff hard tubed, so i dont know if my fittings will work with that block, but i will figure something out.

The Heatkiller block has G1/4 standard size holes which fit any fitting.  I am in the process of getting all the parts for hard tubing.  When I get all the rigid tubing stuff I will do another video.  I'm probably going to go 12mm OD.  I'm also waiting for the Bitspower Monoblock for the Aorus Ultra/Master which covers the cpu and vrms.  I emailed Performance PC and they will have it on the 18th of this month.  

• 3 months later...