x570 Chipset Waterblock

I want to upgrade to x570 but since I am running a full loop with everything Noctua and tuned to maximum silence, I DONT WAT the small cooling fan.

Does anyone have some infos on chipset water blocks for x570? I know its early.

There I also some board form (I think gigabyte) with a proper chipset cooler without a fan, but 600+ for a Mobo is a Nono for me 

THX

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

The top end board from MSI are fanless and you do have the ballin aqua board from ASrock

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The top end board from MSI are fanless and you do have the ballin aqua board from ASrock

Yes I know my friend, but like stated above

i don’t want to spend heaps 

10 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Yes I know my friend, but like stated above

i don’t want to spend heaps 

Just find any mobo that runs a heatpipe to the VRM. 

Or has no fans. Havent got an overview so just look through retailers. 

Hi, I want to replace the fan on a asus crosshair viii hero with a waterblock too. The thing I don't know is the diagonal hole distance for the chipset.

As for the blocks, these things look interesting:

http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Categories/Wasserkühler/MB_Kuehler/Chipsatz

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D,  RAM: 64 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR5 @6200 Cl32, GPU: Asus RTX 4090 Strix OC, Pump: 2 Aquacomputer D5 Next @ 60% (~160 l/h), Radiators: 2 Mo-Ra3 360 and 1 XSPC  RX360V3 with 21 fans @650 RPM.

I still haven’t heard the fan on my MEG Ace kick on yet after gaming for about 4 hours last night

These look like they may do the job .  I haven't got my board yet so cannot measure . But if the holes are within the spec I think I will give it a try .  Cheap enough not to worry if it is no good 

£11.29  13%OFF | DIY North and South bridge Water cooled cooling watercooled cooler diagonal hole spacing 43mm-58mm

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/l2USYIG

I'm hoping EK makes a chipset block as I want to get the x570 Crosshair VII Formula and plan to water cool the whole thing as well.

The asrock aqua looks cool but getting one might be tricky since they only make 999 of them.

The only passive 570 MB I've seen is the aouros extreme, but it seems to be about as expensive as the aqua.

11 hours ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

I'm hoping EK makes a chipset block as I want to get the x570 Crosshair VII Formula and plan to water cool the whole thing as well.

The fact that ASUS put a block on the VRM but not on the chipset on the Formula seems so dumb, loses a bit of the point to have a fan on a water cooling focused MB.

6 hours ago, LambdaSystems said:

The fact that ASUS put a block on the VRM but not on the chipset on the Formula seems so dumb, loses a bit of the point to have a fan on a water cooling focused MB.

Someone mentioned in an analysis of the Hero (within the context of it being essentially the same board as the Formula, ergo the Formula is effectively just a Hero with a VRM waterblock slapped on top) that the VRM on both boards is pretty much capable of cooling itself passively -- and while a waterblock on the chipset would make more sense, it would also make the board unusable for anyone who wasn't running a custom loop.

Hopefully EK finishes the job, though. Having a fan bolted in there is... Eeeeh.

2 hours ago, ChemicalRascal said:

Someone mentioned in an analysis of the Hero (within the context of it being essentially the same board as the Formula, ergo the Formula is effectively just a Hero with a VRM waterblock slapped on top) that the VRM on both boards is pretty much capable of cooling itself passively -- and while a waterblock on the chipset would make more sense, it would also make the board unusable for anyone who wasn't running a custom loop.

Hopefully EK finishes the job, though. Having a fan bolted in there is... Eeeeh.

Wouldn't the Hero be more suitable though if somone doesn't do water cooling? Kinda pointless to pay more for the formula and go with air

Just now, LambdaSystems said:

Wouldn't the Hero be more suitable though if somone doesn't do water cooling? Kinda pointless to pay more for the formula and go with air

Well, given I bought the Formula... For me, at least, it's nice to know that the system isn't going to catch fire while I'm running the system and planning the watercooling side of things. I do get what you're saying, though, especially given -- according to something mentioned on today's Awesome Hardware stream -- X570 is quite fine just being cooled passively.

I dunno. Maybe they just wanted to cover their bases and not have people who don't know better burning their boards or something.

The real question is why do you want to upgrade to X570? The only thing it brings is PCIe 4.0 if I remember right and it is unlikely that daily users need PCIe 4.0 storage. But then again, I believe fan should spin only under high load, i.e. PCIE 4.0 RAID 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Im looking to upgrade to X570... From z77.. My Asus Z77 Sabertooth has two miniature fans on it since day one and i don't hear them at all. I don't expect the fans to have a real world impact on noise.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Chipsets don't need anything more than passive cooling.  I had passive cooling on my chipset + 2 PLX chips on my X99 WS-E and it ran like that for years.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

On 7/11/2019 at 12:27 AM, AnonymousGuy said:

Chipsets don't need anything more than passive cooling.  I had passive cooling on my chipset + 2 PLX chips on my X99 WS-E and it ran like that for years.

X99 chipset has a TDP of 6.5W. x570 has a TDP of 11W, hence the need for the fan. 

Koolance sells universal chip set water blocks:
https://koolance.com/chc-122-motherboard-chipset-water-block

Obviously you need to make sure it won't be in the way of a GPU or something but I've used them on a few builds successfully.

Main PC: Corsair 900D | ProArt Z690-Creator | Intel 13900K | RTX 4090 | Trident Z5 (2x32GB) | 1TB 980 Pro, 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4+, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket | HX1200i

Capture PC: Meshify XL | Designare TRX40 | AMD 3960X | 2xRTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (4x16GB) | 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 1TB 970 Evo Plus | Dual HDMI 4K Plus LT, 2xElgato 4K 60 Pro, HX850

Media / Render PC: Corsair 900D (shared) | ASRock X399M | AMD 2970WX | RTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (2x16GB) | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo | 2xElgato HD60 Pro | HX750
Full Room Watercooling: EK X3 400 | EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 | 4xHardware Labs 560GTX | 16xSilentWings 4 Pro  | EVGA 450 B3

Peripherals: Logitech G502 X |  Wooting 60HE | Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 | Logitech G502 Wireless | Logitech MX Keys Mechanical

Displays: Asus XG35VQ | 2xLG 24UD58-B | LG 65UH6030 | Asus VH242H | BenQ GW2480 | HP 22CWA | Kenowa CNC-1080P | Asus VC39H

Audio Interfaces : RME Fireface UFX+, Scarlett 18i20, RME HDSPe RayDAT, RME HDSPe MADI FX, RME ADI-648, RME ADI-192 DD

Audio Playback: 2xYamaha HS5 & Yamaha HS8s | Sennheiser HD820, Sennheiser IE 500 Pro, Ultimate Ears RR CIEMs

On 7/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, B4Quattro said:

Hi, I want to replace the fan on a asus crosshair viii hero with a waterblock too. The thing I don't know is the diagonal hole distance for the chipset.

http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Categories/Wasserkühler/MB_Kuehler/Chipsatz

I've been thinking about this too and I think I've arrived at the same products. Heatkiller stuff always looks really good.

It looks like the mounting for the chipset fans on X570 are standard (at least for the boards I've looked at) so that block should work, I think.

Having said that, I may instead just buy an X470 board, live without PCIe gen 4 and avoid the hassle and extra expense of having to remove the squeely fan...

On 7/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, B4Quattro said:

Nice! But a little expensive for just the fking chipset... and yes I know china water blocks buuuut I don't want ANNY leaks and watercool I definitely trust.

Well, thank you all for the input! I guess its going to be either colander or Watercool. Def. not this aqua board. Thats wasting money 

@Metallus97

Dunno if you've bought anything yet, but I can say that with my Crosshair VIII that I never hear the chipset fan. My regular fans on the quiet setting are louder than it. I'm not running any PCIE 4 devices though, so I'm not sure how that would affect it. My rig is in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic, all nine fan slots are  populated with InWin Sirius Loop fans. CPU cooling is via a custom loop (Corsair XD5 Pump/Res, XSPC Raystorm Pro waterblock, Black ICE Nemesis L360 radiator), I'm pretty sure my pump is more audible than the chipset fan as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, duplissi said:

@Metallus97

Dunno if you've bought anything yet, but I can say that with my Crosshair VIII that I never hear the chipset fan. My regular fans on the quiet setting are louder than it. I'm not running any PCIE 4 devices though, so I'm not sure how that would affect it. My rig is in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic, all nine fan slots are  populated with InWin Sirius Loop fans. CPU cooling is via a custom loop (Corsair XD5 Pump/Res, XSPC Raystorm Pro waterblock, Black ICE Nemesis L360 radiator), I'm pretty sure my pump is more audible than the chipset fan as well.

Alright, thank you for the input. At the moment I a considering the x570 Taichi. Actually I wanna go drive to the store RN :D. But yeh I guess it won't be a big problem then with the AsRock to. 

I guess you considered something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948192293.html

It's very cheap, although you would have to factor in the cost of mounting it (custom bracket + nuts & bolts).

That exact one I linked might not be suitable as I couldn't find the size of the mounting holes, it might not be a standard and might vary between vendors.

I don't have an X570 but if I had to buy one and watercool it, that's the method I would use. Might be a good idea for an LTT video.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R