Watch a stream to get a Prime Warframe for free

whoisjaya

Hey, it's me again! :)

Here's the link to the thingy?(you can also see further details there??https://store.steampowered.com/sale/tennocon/

And again?I'd recommend checking the Steam summer sale out while it lasts, meaning now might be the time to buy that one game you've been wanting to buy for ever, but never got around to or didn't spend that much on...?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

9 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Hey, it's me again! :)

Here's the link to the thingy?(you can also see further details there??https://store.steampowered.com/sale/tennocon/

And again?I'd recommend checking the Steam summer sale out while it lasts, meaning now might be the time to buy that one game you've been wanting to buy for ever, but never got around to or didn't spend that much on...?

Watching.... so will a big CLAIM NOW button appear after 30 minutes, or is there some convoluted process I have to follow after it's been playing for that long? Asking because the last time I participated in a livestream that was supposed to give out bonus crap, I never received anything even though I followed the rules.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

is there some convoluted process I have to follow

oh yes...
first you need to link your warframe account with twitch (or mixer, but I have no experience in that one, so I'll focus on the twitch part, which was also on this steam store link):
https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link
https://www.warframe.com/mixer/link

now, (preferably using the same browser that you have used to link your account) watch the stream, making sure you're logged in on twitch/mixer and "simply watch for 30 minutes" ...is what i would like to say, but >>le sigh

mixer: again, no experience, but I heard there's some activity check, no idea if inactivity changes prize eligibility

twitch: I'm pretty sure you have to have chat open and the stream running, but MOST IMPORTANTLY check (every now and then(!)) if twitch "thinks" you're watching the correct stream, by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner
image.png.84b6aea7165ed6c46598f792db944f6a.png

things to keep in mind:
- you may "stop watching" the selected stream if you browse around on twitch
- twitch may change your currently watched stream if you watch other stream simultaneously in the same browser
(aka. afk the warframe stream in 12 pixels with chat open, while watching other stream "properly"? even if you make it in correct order and seem to watch warframe, it may decide to rng swap on you)
- some websites may embed twitch streams (ie. Gamepedia), which might alter your watching detection

last but not least, there were so many people watching this warframe stream, that the system could not keep up with demand, so over the next days (or weeks?) they will distribute the goodies to "everyone who watched" the stream, if you don't have pretty in-game mail-message in like a month, you'll know something went wrong (rip)

5 hours ago, Tiuqu said:

oh yes...
first you need to link your warframe account with twitch (or mixer, but I have no experience in that one, so I'll focus on the twitch part, which was also on this steam store link):
https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link
https://www.warframe.com/mixer/link

now, (preferably using the same browser that you have used to link your account) watch the stream, making sure you're logged in on twitch/mixer and "simply watch for 30 minutes" ...is what i would like to say, but >>le sigh

mixer: again, no experience, but I heard there's some activity check, no idea if inactivity changes prize eligibility

twitch: I'm pretty sure you have to have chat open and the stream running, but MOST IMPORTANTLY check (every now and then(!)) if twitch "thinks" you're watching the correct stream, by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner
image.png.84b6aea7165ed6c46598f792db944f6a.png

things to keep in mind:
- you may "stop watching" the selected stream if you browse around on twitch
- twitch may change your currently watched stream if you watch other stream simultaneously in the same browser
(aka. afk the warframe stream in 12 pixels with chat open, while watching other stream "properly"? even if you make it in correct order and seem to watch warframe, it may decide to rng swap on you)
- some websites may embed twitch streams (ie. Gamepedia), which might alter your watching detection

last but not least, there were so many people watching this warframe stream, that the system could not keep up with demand, so over the next days (or weeks?) they will distribute the goodies to "everyone who watched" the stream, if you don't have pretty in-game mail-message in like a month, you'll know something went wrong (rip)

I did none of that shit and got the Nekros Prime...

warfr.png.3c66b0b1ae4e687cbd186388f1144a11.png

All I did was sign into Steam and visited the Warframe Steam page and watched the last 35-40 minutes of that Warframe video last night. All that Twitch stuff I have nothing to do with. I don't even have a Twitch/Mixer account. I also didn't even watch the video, I just left it running til it ended while I watched a movie on my PC.

1244912092_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.0164ec56748144d5ca282403c34d6c72.png

I goofed the color scheme. Customizing this armor is awesome. Totally worth watching a 30 minute video to get.

51 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I did none of that shit and got the Nekros Prime... 

welp, wasn't aware steam was its own option this time around, my bad
but good to know there's more reliable option than twitch, assuming they will use this method again in the future

also, before 6pm - 7pm nekros prime drop window, there was additional Lotus Ephemera drop, now I wonder did that also give out steam drop token?

4 minutes ago, Tiuqu said:

welp, wasn't aware steam was its own option this time around, my bad

Well it was pretty clear last night that all you had to do was watch 30 minutes of video because they didn't mention anything to do with Twitch/Mixer. Guess that was what was required for that Lotus Ephemera because I didn't receive that.