Looking for help to start a law suit.

Combat_Killer

Hello All,

Im asking for help in redirecting me to a company or law firm that looks into online bullshit practices done by companies.

I live in Australia so i dont know if i can do anything as most if not all companies are subsided in the USA. Australia i dont think has anything that i know of that i can report ONLINE business and companies bad practices too.

Here is the issue...

Im seeing this as a scam as the same as the loot box scenario in the gaming industry, and i have noticed that this malpractice that companies are started to do, is just getting worse, so i want to report it as i know its just going to get worse and worse in the near future.

So whats happening?

Well whats happening is that companies not all, but most are doing this FREE TRIAL, but they want all your details even your banking details in order to use their so pro-claimed FREE TRIAL, and its false, misleading and bullshit.

Because i didnt want companies to get my real c/c, i ended up getting another c/c without having any money in the account. So i could at least give them my card details knowing that if they try any shady crap they cant touch my money. So once that so called FREE TRIAL period had ended and you didnt cancel your sub, they will bill you.

Now, i just looked at checking out a VPN program to use, as i was searching this and that, most of all the websites i went to were saying FREE TRIAL - CLICK HERE, once i clicked on the link this happened, i couldnt use their product unless i paid 1yr worth upfront, despite them saying 30-FREE TRIAL.

When i questioned their online support staff about where is this 30day FREE trial, they said no i misunderstood them and blah blah, anyhow here is the transcript...

Spoiler

Live Chat
Thank you for visiting ExpressVPN. How can I help you today?
Want to know why your companies is false advertising?
Me

My name is Isagani and I'm here to help.
Isagani
hello
Me

Hello, what do you mean? Please elaborate so I can better assist you
Isagani
ok it says this in google search....
Get the #1 VPN for Australia | Try It Risk-Free for 30 Days‎
so where is the 30 day FREE TRIAL
Me

Our free trial works as a 30-day trial with money-back guarantee. You are entitled to refund if you are not satisfied with our service. This is no different with trial offerings from other companies as well.

Isagani
dont care about other companies, im caring what you are saying.... It says 30 FREEE, so where is it?
Me

Let me explain a bit. Our service is prepaid. Since it is prepaid, you pay upfront. Having said that, our free trial works as a 30-day trial with money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the service, you are entitled to refund.
Isagani
ok here is the thing, im going to reporting this bullshit technique crap to the authorities as you mentioned before everyone is doing it, I KNOW.... But it false and misleading FREE means trial the software, not take all my details and get the consumer to cancel. Its wrong and misleading
Me

I feel your frustration. Please note that you can consult government authorities regarding this practice, and we are confident that there is nothing unusual with this business practice. It is within the domain of the law
Isagani
the reason why im angry is because i just want to use your software and test it, just dont want and there is no need for it either to take all my details then send me on a bullshit run around when i want to cancel
Me

Trial accounts are available to certain countries with access to Google Play (Android) and the App Store (iOS).
If you don't have access to these, or if you wish to use ExpressVPN on your desktop/laptop, you can buy a subscription to try ExpressVPN and evaluate the service. We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied.

As you can point blank see that they are truly lying and playing around with words.

As you can see just by doing a google search you see how they mislead ppl...

expressvpn1.thumb.png.c2ce0424beac0f834e1329109ae68c96.png

Whats even worse is if you go to ALL of those sites where it says TOP 10 & what ever, they all say FREE TRIAL, as you can see here...

expressvpn11.png.b190956febb50b3eb5965263c32302f4.png

expressvpn111.thumb.png.d3b3f6306ae0bbe66154a653d85212bd.png

So basically you can see 100% proof of evidence that they are lying in their advertising and getting away with it.

Im using ExpressVPN in this example as 1 out of many other companies are also pulling this bullshit as well.

Sure ExpressVPN can say, we dont tell others what to put on their websites, but im sure as shit they are paying $$$ to create this false and bullshit advertisements.

So their should be an online law, like how things used to be when the internet and PC's were first built, FREE TRIAL meant FREE TRIAL, even if its 1 week or 2 week (14 day) or 1 month (30 day). But the law should be that IF your company wants to offer or have a TRIAL, it should be out lined clearly the A) Time period & B) Have Full access to their product & C) Not having them ask for personal info, especially banking details.

If companies want to play these sneaky and bullshit tactics, then they ought to be fined and fined huge!

And if these companies want to use the excuse "Oh we cant control what others say and do about our products on their sites", yeah! then why is the government spending loads and tonnes of $$$ on the serious hunting mission for torrenting sites? like PirateBay? They have no control on who and what their users upload!

So if anyone can point me to law firm or someone that i can report this sneaky and bullshit tactics to an authority government agency i would be more and happy to report this to them.

HOW CAN SHIT BE FREE IF THEY WANT MY PERSONAL DETAILS AND MONEY UPFRONT !!!!!!!

please someone explain this logic to me....

Cheers,

CK

I should probably point out that "Try Risk-Free for 30 Days" does not equate to "Free Trial"

Risk-free is a term used to mean that you can get a full refund if not satisfied in 30 days. 

Specs:

Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

It's not exactly misleading, and there's nothing wrong with them requiring details up front. Sure, having to provide details is annoying since then you have to remember to cancel, but that's still a choice you make when signing up for any subscription based service. 

As for the misleading part, it is a risk free trial period. You have 30 days to get a complete refund if you don't like it. E.g. You are given 30 days to trial the software and determine if it's for you or not.

They're pretty clear up front:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 10.06.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 10.07.12 AM.png

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm sorry to say but you have no damages here. This is a pretty common business tactic. 

Your plan is to hire a lawyer to attempt to enforce a law that you've made up. That's not how it works. 

What are you going to sue for? Money? Or just a 30 day free trial?

they ask for your credit card so you cannot just keep using the free trial over and over

please tell me this is a troll

plus, did they specify it is free of charge? they might be using wordplay (which is legal) to say it is free..... of risk......

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

@newcbomb @79wjd

You guys are missing the point, look at the pic's, this is what it specifically says...

Pic1. Test ExpressVPN's full arsenal for a whopping 30 days without spending anything. See for yourself what this service is about. Most Popular VPN of 2018.
Pic2. Try it for free for 30 days.

So i go to ExpressVPN website and their is absolutely nothing about a FREE 30 days trial. i have to PAY upfront, then cancel within 30days. So?

The 2nd pic says JULY, so they just put it their advert. there just recently, and when a company puts an advert, they outline specifically what to put and say, even Linus has said this for his sponsors on what and how to say it.

@danomicar

Its not about the damages, its about reporting wrong and misleading information.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Combat_Killer said:

@newcbomb @79wjd

You guys are missing the point, look at the pic's, this is what it specifically says...

Pic1. Test ExpressVPN's full arsenal for a whopping 30 days without spending anything. See for yourself what this service is about. Most Popular VPN of 2018.
Pic2. Try it for free for 30 days.

So i go to ExpressVPN website and their is absolutely nothing about a FREE 30 days trial. i have to PAY upfront, then cancel within 30days. So?

The 2nd pic says JULY, so they just put it their advert. there just recently, and when a company puts an advert, they outline specifically what to put and say, even Linus has said this for his sponsors on what and how to say it.

@danomicar

Its not about the damages, its about reporting wrong and misleading information.

Cheers.

Pic 1: Check out The third bullet point in the main heading.

Try out the best VPNs risk-free by utilizing refund guarantees

But that's still besides the point. It is still a risk free trial period. Also, you're making a VERY big assumption to think that they're controlling the wording of advertising on third party sites -- especially when that advertising contradicts their own, where they are very clear about it being a risk-free guarantee.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I prefer educated masses to lawsuits.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

5 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I prefer educated masses to lawsuits.

Way cheaper and more effective.

2 hours ago, Combat_Killer said:

Actually it is about damages if you want to file a lawsuit. If you feel the advertising is misleading, file a complaint with whatever government entity handles such things. I would imagine you would be far better off not tilting at this windmill.

-kp

33 minutes ago, kpluck said:

Actually it is about damages if you want to file a lawsuit. If you feel the advertising is misleading, file a complaint with whatever government entity handles such things. I would imagine you would be far better off not tilting at this windmill.

-kp

Agreed, filing a complaint won't cost you much, if anything.

Filing a lawsuit and actually going through with it is gonna cost you a lot of money (lawyers, paperwork, etc) and that's if the companies in question don't just ask for a dismissal or something. 

-