Which 80 Plus Bronze PSU is good?

Iwobs
Go to solution Solved by Iwobs,

Okay then I will go with the TX550M the price is good too. Thanks for helping me out ;)

Hello, I'm wondering because don't know which 80 Plus Bronze PSU is good for this setup.

PC Specification 

CPU: i5 8500

GPU: MSI RX 570 ARMOR OC 4GB

RAM: 16GB 3000MHZ 

MOBO: ASROCK Z390 Phantom Gaming 6

CASE: NZXT H500 

If anyone has suggestions let me know ;)

The latest CX you can find.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Cx450 (2017) or cx550.

5 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

CPU: i5 8500

GPU: MSI RX 570 ARMOR OC 4GB

RAM: 16GB 3000MHZ 

This is a very odd setup spec wise.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Cx450 (2017) or cx550.

This is a very odd setup spec wise.

Odd, why?

Just now, Iwobs said:

Odd, why?

Z390

Rx570

I5 8500.

8500 isnt bought very often due to 8400 and 2600 and 9400f.

Z390 is a 9th gen board and you really dont need it.

Rx 570 costs roughly the same as the board iirc. 

What's your budget for the PSU? Country you're buying in?
I wouldn't restrict your budget to just 80+ Bronze PSUs though. There might be some other well priced, good quality units available that are 80+ silver or 80+ gold. In some European countries something like a Pure Power 11 (80+ Gold) or Corsair Vengeance (80+ Silver) might not be much different in price to the Corsair CX units already suggested.

Odd, why?

Pairing a locked i5 8th gen processor with a Z390 motherboard, probably...

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Z390

Rx570

I5 8500.

8500 isnt bought very often due to 8400 and 2600 and 9400f.

Z390 is a 9th gen board and you really dont need it.

Rx 570 costs roughly the same as the board iirc. 

Oh, I know sorry that I asked.

About the processor I wanted to buy 8400 but it was not available.

About the Z390 it was low pricey in my region.

And About the RX 570 most of my friends says that they're good the RX 570 and RX 580.

Odd, why?

i mean, since i can call out errors

8500 - swap to ryzen 1600/2600

14 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

MSI RX 570 ARMOR OC 4GB

different cooler, armor of that time was worthless

15 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

of you're still going intel, no need for a z series with a locked cpu

15 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

you can probably find something better for less money

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What's your budget for the PSU? Country you're buying in?
I wouldn't restrict your budget to just 80+ Bronze PSUs though. There might be some other well priced, good quality units available that are 80+ silver or 80+ gold. In some European countries something like a Pure Power 11 (80+ Gold) or Corsair Vengeance (80+ Silver) might not be much different in price to the Corsair CX units already suggested.

Pairing a locked i5 8th gen processor with a Z390 motherboard, probably...

About $90 I don't know I can even buy the Gold or Silver, but they need to be good.

Sooner or later gonna upgrade the processor to i7 9700k

3 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

Sooner or later gonna upgrade the processor to i7 9700k

Not a good upgrade path......

Ryzen 3k looks way more promising, and you could probably get a R5 3600 + B450 tomahawk combo. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Not a good upgrade path......

Ryzen 3k looks way more promising, and you could probably get a R5 3600 + B450 tomahawk combo. 

I do not know, but Intel somehow convinces me more than Ryzen, I just use them for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

About $90 I don't know I can even buy the Gold or Silver, but they need to be good.

you can almost buy 80+ platinum at that pricepoint

seriously speaking tho, quality and efficiency aren't the same, ask either me or @Spotty about the PSU you'll be picking

3 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

<snip>

Don't sweat it too much. If you already have the parts and were able to get the parts at decent prices it's not going to cause you any issues. If you were planning on building the system on the other hand, then we might be able to recommend some changes that could improve performance/save some money for you.

1 minute ago, Iwobs said:

$90 should be able to get you a good unit. Depending on what is available and prices you should be able to get some units such as Be Quiet Pure Power 11, maybe Straight Power 11 within budget,  Bitfenix Whisper, Bitfenix Formula, Corsair RMx, Corsair TXM, Corsair Vengeance (80+ silver), Cooler Master MWE Gold (not the bronze), just to name a few off the top of my head. Should be plenty more units within budget that are good as well.
Probably just check your local retailers and see which of those are within your budget/cheapest.

If it helps your system with an i5 8400 and RX 570 will consume under 300w while under heavy load. 450w PSU will be plenty, though some of those models I listed start at 550w.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Iwobs said:

I do not know, but Intel somehow convinces me more than Ryzen, I just use them for a long time.

just keep in mind that intel never does 3 series on one chipset

the past proves it

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Don't sweat it too much. If you already have the parts and were able to get the parts at decent prices it's not going to cause you any issues. If you were planning on building the system on the other hand, then we might be able to recommend some changes that could improve performance/save some money for you.

$90 should be able to get you a good unit. Depending on what is available and prices you should be able to get some units such as Be Quiet Pure Power 11, maybe Straight Power 11 within budget,  Bitfenix Whisper, Bitfenix Formula, Corsair RMx, Corsair TXM, Corsair Vengeance (80+ silver), Cooler Master MWE Gold (not the bronze), just to name a few off the top of my head. Should be plenty more units within budget that are good as well.
Probably just check your local retailers and see which of those are within your budget/cheapest.

If it helps your system with an i5 8400 and RX 570 will consume under 300w while under heavy load. 450w PSU will be plenty, though some of those models I listed start at 550w.

Alright there is something to pick I can buy the Corsair TX 550M, 650M | Corsair Vengeance  650M there are no 550.
And Cooler Master MWE GOLD 650W, 550W. Which should I choose?

14 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

why?

its allready shown non-ht CPUs arent favorable. and thats 70% of intels lineup at this point. 

also Ryzen actually has some sort of upgrade path it seems. instead of another coffeelake refresh (yes thats comming)

7 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

Alright there is something to pick I can buy the Corsair TX 550M, 650M | Corsair Vengeance  650M there are no 550.
And Cooler Master MWE GOLD 650W, 550W. Which should I choose?

What are the prices of each? Which store are you looking at (link?). If those are the choices within your budget I would probably pick the TX550M, but that may depend on their prices.

The cheapest way is the Vengeance 650M

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

why?

its allready shown non-ht CPUs arent favorable. and thats 70% of intels lineup at this point. 

also Ryzen actually has some sort of upgrade path it seems. instead of another coffeelake refresh (yes thats comming)

Don't want buy another Motherboard or replace it 

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What are the prices of each? Which store are you looking at (link?). If those are the choices within your budget I would probably pick the TX550M, but that may depend on their prices.

There are more choices I can even wait for more money and buy a better PSU if that's a better way

Although I also wonder if I do not buy it at Amazon

7 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

There are more choices I can even wait for more money and buy a better PSU if that's a better way

Although I also wonder if I do not buy it at Amazon

I don't think you need to spend any more money on the PSU. Those PSUs you are looking at are already quite good and more than capable for your current system.

18 minutes ago, Iwobs said:

Don't want buy another Motherboard or replace it 

so you allready have all the parts?

because at this point buying into coffeelake isnt great. 

Okay then I will go with the TX550M the price is good too. Thanks for helping me out ;)

so you allready have all the parts?

because at this point buying into coffeelake isnt great. 

Yes, I have only thing that I need is PSU and Monitor ;)

So I got an offer from my friend he has an MSI X470 GAMING PRO and Ryzen 1600X he can sell it for $110 should I buy it from him? 

The condition of these products are good but I don't know if that's a good deal.