How does ( A certain website I go on ) Know it’s me?? I’ve tried VPN’s too!!!! Still knows? HELP?

WolfLoverPro

I’m on my iPhone and obviously tied ipad 

so there’s a website which has 3 demos of using the uh feature or whatever you wanna call it just you have 3 free trial of the function.......

cool so almost all website you can do that and just use a vpn and a private browser and boom you have more trials forever just keep different vpn right? NOT THIS BUGGER 

IVE TRIED MULTIPLE DIFFERENT VPNS........ I’ve tried doffferent browser, I’ve tried dieting WiFi’s and using 4g.... DAFUK? How the hell does it know ????

the only thing I can think of is a Mac address ??

if so I’ll use a spoofer as I’m jailbroken but is that the case? But I thought it changes if you use different WiFi?????!!???? I don’t understand how this bloody website can tell even tho I’ve done all this ? 

The MAC is hard coded into your system so it doesnt actually ever change.

And it could be telling it is you by using cookies.

Cookies.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

It might be able to tell who you are by using cookies.

I was in a similar situation when I wanted to retake a quiz, tried using VPN and 4G but clearing cookies seemed to fix it.

Clear cookies and then try again.

Its cookies.......

Or facebook......

Or google......

giphy.gif

It would be helpful if you explained which website it is or at the very least how it works. A lot of people here say cookies, but that can't be the case if you use a private browser session since those don't access the other saved cookies, and clears all the cookies when you close it.

I doubt it would keep track through browser fingerprinting. I can't imagine an iOS device having unique fingerprints.

And it would also be helpful if you started typing properly. Seriously, your posts are really annoying. "uh" is a sound you make when you try and make up some time to think what you're going to say next. There is no reason to put it in a text. It just makes it harder to understand what you're talking about.

Please, please, please please. Try and write properly. It makes it a lot easier to help you. I've seen tens of threads from you and they are always extremely confusing because you're so bad at articulating what you want to say. It's like you're using speech to text when you write. Think things through before you type them down. You need punctuation and structure in your posts or else people reading them will have a really hard time understanding what you mean, which just results in worse advice for you.

41 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its cookies.......

Or facebook......

Or google......

43 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

There are plenty of ways:

• Canvas fingerprinting
  • Having a cookie with a unique ID on it
  • Figuring out as much as the system as the browser can gather and making a profile out of it
  • Your browsing habits

44 minutes ago, XR6 said:

It might be able to tell who you are by using cookies.

I was in a similar situation when I wanted to retake a quiz, tried using VPN and 4G but clearing cookies seemed to fix it.

Clear cookies and then try again.

45 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Cookies.

47 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

The MAC is hard coded into your system so it doesnt actually ever change.

And it could be telling it is you by using cookies.

I’ve downloaded a new browser 

used different VPN’s 

muse private browsing on new browser sooo no cookies surly ???? 

Only other option i have I have is I should spoof my Mac ?  

I can spoof MAC address on jailbreak btw but idk if it will works 

or or is there a way to bypass cookiesv but I thought cookies are only in browser???? 

12 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

muse private browsing on new browser sooo no cookies surly ???? 

You have to use private browsing and/or turn off cookies.

12 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

This is not recommended since MAC addresses are used for routing. If there are two interfaces with the same MAC address, things could break.

15 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

This is not recommended since MAC addresses are used for routing. If there are two interfaces with the same MAC address, things could break.

I just cleared cookies ? and used a new browser and cleared everything on that 

W.T.F 

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

MAC addresses are not used for routing it is a layer 2 mechanism and only visible/usable on that layer 2 network. Every routing hop changes the MAC to it's own MAC through the routing process. For the internet the original MAC is no where to be seen by the time it reaches the end, unless the protocol or datagram uses it for something else. Most likely they are using some sort of fingerprinting to ID your connection. 

2 hours ago, schizznick said:

MAC addresses are not used for routing it is a layer 2 mechanism and only visible/usable on that layer 2 network. Every routing hop changes the MAC to it's own MAC through the routing process. For the internet the original MAC is no where to be seen by the time it reaches the end, unless the protocol or datagram uses it for something else. Most likely they are using some sort of fingerprinting to ID your connection. 

But I’ve tried all above.... what else can I do? Changed my ip with a vpn.. used new browser ... I mean what else can they detect me by? I even switched wifi

10 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

I can spoof MAC address on jailbreak btw but idk if it will works 

or or is there a way to bypass cookiesv but I thought cookies are only in browser???? 

Spoofing your MAC address won't change things because the website does not know your MAC address.

The MAC address is only used on your own network. As soon as the packets leaves your router, the MAC address has changed, and will continue to change every time it reaches a new network device (which happens several times).

5 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

But I’ve tried all above.... what else can I do? Changed my ip with a vpn.. used new browser ... I mean what else can they detect me by? I even switched wifi 

How about you do what I told you to do here:

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It would be helpful if you explained which website it is or at the very least how it works.

It's really hard to help you when you refuse to give us very important information.

I think at this point we'd need more info as was asked. What is the site? 

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Spoofing your MAC address won't change things because the website does not know your MAC address.

The MAC address is only used on your own network. As soon as the packets leaves your router, the MAC address has changed, and will continue to change every time it reaches a new network device (which happens several times).

How about you do what I told you to do here:

It's really hard to help you when you refuse to give us very important information.

59 minutes ago, schizznick said:

I think at this point we'd need more info as was asked. What is the site? 

Oh I didn’t refuse I just didn’t see 

idk if it’s illegal to shar the site but soon as it’s a public website I guess not. I hope lmfao

its. Website what you can find people full address from their name it’s only for uk people as obviously that’s whyi Use it 

and NO I don’t use this to stalk or whatever I just do it on people I know including myself for fun and prank some friends becuase it makes them scared then I tell them lol 

but yeah you get 3 free trials. So search like a random name 3 times or somthing and you’ll see the message you’ve exceeded the max whatever 

website is 

https://t2a.io/products/people/see-who-lives-at-an-address

you can use their api that’s why it’s free as I think u can buy it or somthing if your business ? Idk

maybe this might help too. It’s their like code 

Which you might be able to see how it’s knowing it’s me 

https://t2a.io/docs/methods/address_person

Btw

I do use the microphone a lot ...... lol 

Also if  I do type I am lazy and don’t correct anything yeah that’s why it’s so bad I just hope that people will understand it