Happy Canada Day! What is everyone up to?

dalekphalm

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. Here in Ontario we’ve got great weather and I’m looking forward to celebrating my great country. 

How are you celebrating Canada Day? We will try and catch the parade (might be too late), and later will be watching the fireworks display. 

The Mandarin (American style Chinese buffet chain) is offering free buffet to any citizen today - would be cool to go, but the lines are literally hundreds of meters long. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

43 minutes ago, wasab said:

"American style Chinese buffet chain"

I can tell how Canadian that is. 

*shrugs* it's a homegrown Canadian chain - and their food is pretty damn good :P

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You mean 3 days until the US' birthday.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Fun fact: In 1943 the No. 6 Group RCAF used RAF Croft (about 6 miles away from where I live) for the No. 420 Squadron RCAF & the 427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Being American and oblivious, I did not know it was Canada Day.  I did change my PC to red, white, and blue today, since our Independence Day is this month.

Merica PC.jpg

5 hours ago, wasab said:

"American style Chinese buffet chain"

I can tell how Canadian that is. 

"Literally hundreds of meters."  It is kind of embarrassing we never made the switch to metric here.

3 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

Being American and oblivious, I did not know it was Canada Day.  I did change my PC to red, white, and blue today, since our Independence Day is this month.

Merica PC.jpg

Indeed, July 1st is Canada Day, a celebration of Confederation of Canada in 1867. The British colonies and other territories united into a single Nation (still under British rule, mind you). 

Fun fact: the province of Newfoundland and Labrador didn’t become part of Canada until 1949. 

4 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

"Literally hundreds of meters."  It is kind of embarrassing we never made the switch to metric here.

I toyed with whether to put “yards” in brackets so that the yanks would understand, but i

figured enough of you guys watch science based YouTube type content to have a rough idea what a meter is (approximately 3 ft, rounded). 

Called Moving Day over here. 

I refreshed my phone 20,000 times for the NHL Free Agency sweepstakes. That's about it. 

Edited by Andreas Lilja

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I clubbed a few baby seals?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 7/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, dalekphalm said:

*shrugs* it's a homegrown Canadian chain - and their food is pretty damn good :P

Well, to be fair, they're only in Ontario so they aren't really a massive chain. I don't mind Mandarin though. If I have to go to AYCE I'll usually choose that.

Anywho, back OT I ended up downtown for Canada Day with some friends. Had some beers, watch the fireworks and then finished off the night with karaoke LOL

38 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Well, to be fair, they're only in Ontario so they aren't really a massive chain. I don't mind Mandarin though. If I have to go to AYCE I'll usually choose that.

Anywho, back OT I ended up downtown for Canada Day with some friends. Had some beers, watch the fireworks and then finished off the night with karaoke LOL

What is AYCE? Never heard of them. Another Chinese buffet chain? We have King's Buffet here as well - they're cheaper than Mandarin, but isn't quite as good.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

What is AYCE? Never heard of them. Another Chinese buffet chain? We have King's Buffet here as well - they're cheaper than Mandarin, but isn't quite as good.

All you can eat.

1 hour ago, Mutoh said:

All you can eat.

Ahhh xD Yes that makes sense. The two go-to here are King's and Mandarin.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Ahhh xD Yes that makes sense. The two go-to here are King's and Mandarin.

Don't have any King's my way. We have 3 Mandarin's within 15km to make up for it though ?

i bought a small bottle of maple syrup. and i heard it's produced by beating up sugar maple trees and condensed from their tears.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Dear Canada enjoy your freedom.......for now.

your sincerely,

The United Kingdom Image result for the queen

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

2 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

Dear Canada enjoy your freedom.......for now.

your sincerely,

The United Kingdom Image result for the queen

Technically Canada isn't part of the UK anymore. We are a member of the Commonwealth, though. And the Queen Elizabeth II is our Monarch. But the Queen of England/UK isn't our Monarch, she's the Queen of Canada. Technicality, yes, but it matters :P

Besides, if the UK actually tried to assert sovereignty over Canada, we'd just follow the US and revolt all over your asses xD.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Technically Canada isn't part of the UK anymore. We are a member of the Commonwealth, though. And the Queen Elizabeth II is our Monarch. But the Queen of England/UK isn't our Monarch, she's the Queen of Canada. Technicality, yes, but it matters :P

Besides, if the UK actually tried to assert sovereignty over Canada, we'd just follow the US and revolt all over your asses xD.

come along reunify yourself to the empire to which the sun never sets.

jokes aside Canada is cool place.

i'm just waiting for independence day. (don't forget the US sought peace with the UK. though that is a subjective view, but one i like)

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.