What do you pay a monthly subscription for?

Only sim card currently, I live with my parents and they pay for family Spotify and internet and stuff. I do not pay for streaming movies and sieries, I buy Blu-Rays 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Are people generally over monthly subscription boxes these days?

A few years ago it felt like everyone was getting Lootcrate, or similar type things but I don't hear much about them anymore.

3 hours ago, MrPigger said:

Are people generally over monthly subscription boxes these days?

A few years ago it felt like everyone was getting Lootcrate, or similar type things but I don't hear much about them anymore.

Pretty sure Lootcrate slashed their marketing budget, those things used to all over the place on youtube with people getting free boxes. Dont really see it anymore

On 6/30/2019 at 3:17 AM, Sil3nt1 said:

I don't get email encryption does the receiving person have to use the same service for encryption to work?

I'm no expert on cryptology, so take this with a grain of salt, this is just how I understood this.

It depends on the level of encryption.

I forget the terms, however most email providers support encryption to a certain degree, so email sent to email providers other than ProtonMail has the copy the other person receives is encrypted with the "normal" encryption algorithms, however the copy residing on ProtonMail's servers is protected by the encryption you chose (theoretically, if other providers support the same agorithms, ProtonMail could work with their owners to have the outgoing copy also encrypted the same way as what remains on the ProtonMail's servers), which also goes for sending to other ProtonMail users.

You also can send a self-destructing message, in which case, if the recipient is not a ProtonMail user, they will receive a link to the message, which will be encrypted in accordance to how the messages in the ProtonMail inbox are encrypted.

null

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Netflix, Amazon prime, Spotify

I am down to just

Express VPN 

Amazon Prime

cancelled netflix for now and I get HBO from my parents so I am happy 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

gundamloot

amazon prime

netflix

crunchyroll

office365

google music

prob more i tend to forget to cancel services and stop using them

Amazon / Netflix / Spotify / Floatplane / NordVPN / Office 365 

Didnt realise thats nearly £60 per month just on subscriptions... 

Currently Netflix, Hulu, and Adobe (for Lightroom and Photoshop). Hulu and Netflix are subject to change in the future, depending on which content goes to what platform.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…