I'm 19+ and should i left my parents for job?

Hi everyone, i've been learning graphics designing for 9+months, a friend who started before me got a i job in a studio, he's a Facebook friend, we never met.
But he's saying people over there liked my artworks, so they wanted to hire me. but my parents told me to say no to him for now that i don't have to go to job atleast for now.

And one thing about me is i didn't attend college, and i started learning 3D graphics designing one year later. And i'm gonna get my NID next month

Btw sometime it feels boring to spend time in my house all day, so i wanted to join them, I think that offer still stands, if not then that friend will try to hire me again, but my parent are saying i don't have to go right now.
but i think for my future i should get that job,atleast for job experience. since some big studio demands job experiences.

another thing i live in a small country but full of way too many people, that's why my parents are worried about leaving me alone.
So what should i do now? if i join them then i wanted to join 2/3 months later 

(oh and another thing that friend is also 19+ and dropped out from college)

I don't understand. Is this an offer from a company seeking to employ you or just someone looking for a freelance? Do you have to move?

There's nothing wrong with staying with your parents while working, to get more money in your pockets in order to basically "jumpstart" you life as an independent adult later.

Going independent will cost a lot of money, you'll need to buy a bunch of stuff you're taking for granted with your parents right now. (Like a fridge, stove, washing machine, etc etc etc...) All this cost a lot. Hence staying with your parents to save some/a lot of money is a good idea that only a fool would spit on when you have a good relationship with them. Though them encouraging you to not actually work... is something I've never really heard from parents. There's literally nothing wrong with working, you'd bring extra income to the household. (just don't give it all to them... some parents can be abusive like that and take their kid's paycheck whole as if they were "entitled" to it just because they raised you... Yeah no... They may ask for a reasonable "rent" from you, but it should never exceed more than like, 25~35% of your paychecks)

So unless that job is literally a long distance away and you'd need to basically move... I'd take it if I were you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

17 minutes ago, Tosa said:

I don't understand. Is this an offer from a company seeking to employ you or just someone looking for a freelance? Do you have to move?

Yeah, i should've mentioned it, i have to move to another city, 

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

There's nothing wrong with staying with your parents while working, to get more money in your pockets in order to basically "jumpstart" you life as an independent adult later.

Going independent will cost a lot of money, you'll need to buy a bunch of stuff you're taking for granted with your parents right now. (Like a fridge, stove, washing machine, etc etc etc...) All this cost a lot. Hence staying with your parents to save some/a lot of money is a good idea that only a fool would spit on when you have a good relationship with them. Though them encouraging you to not actually work... is something I've never really heard from parents. There's literally nothing wrong with working, you'd bring extra income to the household. (just don't give it all to them... some parents can be abusive like that and take their kid's paycheck whole as if they were "entitled" to it just because they raised you... Yeah no... They may ask for a reasonable "rent" from you, but it should never exceed more than like, 25~35% of your paychecks)

So unless that job is literally a long distance away and you'd need to basically move... I'd take it if I were you.

Yeah i have to move to a long distance, 

And about one thing i forgot to mention, they'll manage my food, bed. And I don't have to pay for that, that friend said i can stay in their office, they have a place for sleeping over their, and they manage food for their employees who stays over there. 

4 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Yeah i have to move to a long distance, 

And about one thing i forgot to mention, they'll manage my food, bed. And I don't have to pay for that, that friend said i can stay in their office, they have a place for sleeping over their, and they manage food for their employees who stay over there. 

Honestly, that sounds somewhat too good to be true. What's the catch? Unpaid overtime? ... Little to no pay at all because they are "providing" for you?

If they are really providing all of that and actually pay you a decent wage... it might be worth considering.

But first, I'd suggest maybe going there to "see the place"/visit without any string attached. Meet the friend you've never met, ask questions, lots of questions on how things work, what is what, who is who, etc...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I was emancipated at the age of 15 - live for free with your parents as long as possible.  Enjoy life.  Boring isn't bad, in fact after this past 10 days of 16 hours grinding for a living, I can tell you its nothing to rush towards.  My 2 copper coins.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Honestly, that sounds somewhat too good to be true. What's the catch? Unpaid overtime? ... Little to no pay at all because they are "providing" for you?

If they are really providing all of that and actually pay you a decent wage... it might be worth considering.

But first, I'd suggest maybe going there to "see the place"/visit without any string attached. Meet the friend you've never met, ask questions, lots of questions on how things work, what is what, who is who, etc...

Thank you , and I'll do that of course, 

Like i said it's a small country with full of people, so we can't easily trust people over here, i have to be sure about everything before joining them.

But like me friend said, They're paying not that much, since they're providing most of the things,

They're gonna pay him 130$ for first month (yeah that's not that much) 

But they said they'll increase it from next month, and another employee told him he's getting paid 350$ per month, and he's working for several months. 

4 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I was emancipated at the age of 15 - live for free with your parents as long as possible.  Enjoy life.  Boring isn't bad, in fact after this past 10 days of 16 hours grinding for a living, I can tell you its nothing to rush towards.  My 2 copper coins.

Well I agree but I am confused at this moment. I know there's nothing to rush but most of the people starting their life from this age. And because of way too many people in our country it's hard to get a job but since they are offering me a job so I am confused.

They are also providing us bed and foods. And I can also stay at their office I mean that friend said they are providing bed in their office for sleeping over there

1 minute ago, Chokez said:

Well I agree but I am confused at this moment. I know there's nothing to rush but most of the people starting their life from this age. And because of way too many people in our country it's hard to get a job but since they are offering me a job so I am confused.

They are also providing us bed and foods. And I can also stay at their office I mean that friend said they are providing bed in their office for sleeping over there

On the other hand, Ive been on my own since 15 building my career - and enjoyed most of the experiences.  In the end if it doesn't come to fruition what is keeping you from going back home?  If nothing then I say F it (if that's what you want to do) and do it.  But what about this degree you mentioned you are earning?  (NID next month)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

On the other hand, Ive been on my own since 15 building my career - and enjoyed most of the experiences.  In the end if it doesn't come to fruition what is keeping you from going back home?  If nothing then I say F it (if that's what you want to do) and do it.  But what about this degree you mentioned you are earning?  (NID next month)

That's National I'd card/voter id card. 

If i left my city and go to another location for that, i must need some identity, that's what i mentioned above

My 2 cents from an almost disillusioned millennial: 

- You’re asking a North American audience about work and living independently. Things are always different in other countries. I don’t know what job and salary you should aim for. 

- If you join that company, be prepared for long hours. Just make sure you track your hours and don’t give out lots of free work. And if you don’t get paid regularly because your company or boss « doesn’t have the money, yet », then run away. I am saying this because you’re young and inexperienced, so a lot of smaller companies will want to take advantage of you. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

My 2 cents from an almost disillusioned millennial: 

- You’re asking a North American audience about work and living independently. Things are always different in other countries. I don’t know what job and salary you should aim for. 

- If you join that company, be prepared for long hours. Just make sure you track your hours and don’t give out lots of free work. And if you don’t get paid regularly because your company or boss « doesn’t have the money, yet », then run away. I am saying this because you’re young and inexperienced, so a lot of smaller companies will want to take advantage of you. 

You're right, thing are totally different here, in this country they don't pay hourly, they pay monthly, and because of so many people it's hard to get a kobe

And the salary is not that much like my friend said, 

For first month he's gonna be paid 130$ and he also told them that this is not enough, but they said they'll increase from the next month, and that friend heard that some others are getting paid 350$ monthly (present) 

And they're working for several months 

But just like tetraskye said above, i have to be sure before doing everything, i have to go there and check everything out, so im nit rushing anything, just trying to get everyone's opinion.

You're still young, I wouldn't worry about all of this till you're a bit older. If you've never met the guy, don't join him. Maybe meet with him first and have a talk about it. 

9 hours ago, Chokez said:

And about one thing i forgot to mention, they'll manage my food, bed. And I don't have to pay for that, that friend said i can stay in their office, they have a place for sleeping over their, and they manage food for their employees who stays over there. 

sounds like you're being catfished in job form. you said you never met this person but are facebook friends and they are offering you a job where they pay everything for you? I can't help but feel like you will arrive at the "studio" only to find it empty or non-existent

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 minutes ago, Chokez said:

You're right, thing are totally different here, in this country they don't pay hourly, they pay monthly, and because of so many people it's hard to get a kobe

And the salary is not that much like my friend said, 

For first month he's gonna be paid 130$ and he also told them that this is not enough, but they said they'll increase from the next month, and that friend heard that some others are getting paid 350$ monthly (present) 

And they're working for several months 

But just like tetraskye said above, i have to be sure before doing everything, i have to go there and check everything out, so im nit rushing anything, just trying to get everyone's opinion.

I know this will sound cynical but employers hate giving raises. They promise and then they don’t deliver. If another employer is recruiting people and offering a higher salary then leave your current job and work for them. Your loyalty to an employer will literally make you earn less $$$. You have to be constantly applying for jobs and seeking better opportunities. Because employers are dumb and would rather lose a worker than give you a raise. And jokes on them, because recruiting ain’t easy and they will have to hire someone at wage that is higher than yours. 

You’re young so you will likely have to accept terrible jobs because you won’t have much choice. But it gets better when you leave your current job for a better one. Just don’t stop applying for jobs. 

Another tip: don’t forget to take a few “professional” photos of yourself and what you’re doing when you’re working. You need to build a social media presence on LinkedIn. Recruiters look at that stuff. 

9 hours ago, Chokez said:

That's National I'd card/voter id card. 

If i left my city and go to another location for that, i must need some identity, that's what i mentioned above

What country doesn't give you an ID until around 20 y.o.??

Take this from someone who got his first legitimate job (albeit part-time) at 15: it's good to have the experience, and the extra income, but if you're parents don't need you to move out, then just don't. Look for opportunities in your city.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

sounds like you're being catfished in job form. you said you never met this person but are facebook friends and they are offering you a job where they pay everything for you? I can't help but feel like you will arrive at the "studio" only to find it empty or non-existent

Not likely of course I'll find out everything before joining them. 

And like i said i never met him but we've been friends for 4years now. , So i believe him. Even i get to know about some employees of that studio. 

If i compare this studio with other Countries studio then it's a small studio, but in here it's well known and quite big studio compared to others, 

And most of my family members live in that city, only me and my family live somewhere else .

If i really want to join them then they can always help me out about that

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

it seems fishy to me tbh

Read the other replyes then you can understand what is happening here 

Go there and check out the workplace and meet employer first. See if they ask you for money or whatnot. That can be a job scam. If everything is good and legit, accept it. It is good resume builder. 

Sudo make me a sandwich