GAMING on The First 8K TV!!!!

JonoT

Thanks to Samsung for sponsoring today’s video! Check out their #QLED8K TVs at https://smsng.us/LinusQLED8K

The Samsung Q900R QLED 8K TV offers a top class in visuals, clarity, and just overall an amazing experience, but what does it take to really get 8K working when the tech isn't quite there yet to output it.

So in like 6 years some people will be able to afford a PC that can run this. And TV? Even Japan is only doing the Olympics in 8K and has no plans on anything else afaIk.

Right now, there's no legit modern triple-A title playable in 8K@60Hz with a current high-end system.

I think it's more of a content-consumption device than a true "gaming" TV.

But I still believe in its future, if next gen 8K console and the progress in PC gaming can keep with the development in display technologies.

"If you build a tougher track, someone somewhere would breed a faster horse."

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

And there's a rich fool out there right now thinking of getting three of these for a 24K surround setup.

Because, you know... 24K is his thing ?

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

And there's a rich fool out there right now thinking of getting three of these for a 24K surround setup.

Because, you know... 24K is his thing ?

I believe you'd need 16 of them to make 24k

That TV is not thick.

Just like The Frame, it only seems thicker because it doesn't taper at the edges.

Almost all other tvs are thicker because the back is curved and even though the edges may be thin the rear of the TV sticks out farther.

This style of TV is much better for wall mounting because it actually sits closer to the wall due to it's thinness.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey, why they haven't tried to play raw video from an external storage in the 8K video?
Will clearly enable the HDR and all that good stuff.

I have a few ideas how the file could have been streamed across the network and 8K playing directly using the TV to decode the file and not killing your precious 2080TI.

If only you could see all those pixels! Our goal at my workplace is to realize your best acuity. Optometry has fallen behind, but we are pushing. I see 20/8 and wish the rest of the world could see how true and crisp life can be

IMG_20190613_204706.jpg

I don't know about gaming anytime soon, but this seems like something you'd want to have as a Video Professional, especially at only 30Hz. Outside of that, there's not any tangible content for an 8K display/monitor, is there? Although for this size, I could see PIP for multiple 4K contents being a thing ha.

But with only 30Hz, and input lag, yikes... idk... Hey I just hope it drops the price of 1440p 144Hz sooner! From the way you're describing it, I can only imagine when 8K is mainstream what a futuristic world we'll be living in.

18 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So in like 6 years some people will be able to afford a PC that can run this. And TV? Even Japan is only doing the Olympics in 8K and has no plans on anything else afaIk.

In six years the next logical upgrade after 4k will be available.  16k. (Like four 4k screens but just one screen.)  The kind of thing LTT would've simulated with multiple screens to get an idea of what gaming at 4k would be like.  In speaking of which. 

Memba this? 

As sexy as this is, it's utterly pointless to me, at least as a TV instead of a huge professional grade monitor(and even then...eh). It's as useless as Sony putting 4k displays in their smartphones, you're going beyond the benefits that originally defined the tech.

"Sure get the pixel density to a point where we can't see them at a normal viewing distance. Perfect, that looks great! Good job everyone....wait...what?...stop...where are you going now??" xD 

I have to put my nose in the screen, to see individual pixels on my 1080p smartphone... So why would I wanna get up and do that to the TV in my living room? **disclaimer I have good vision** 

Is it just me that thinks if I have to purposefully go out of my way to see the benefits...it negates the point of putting them there? Am I being an old fart? 

I hope the future of screens changes direction to something truly innovative because if it's just going to up the resolution further beyond anyone can see...then fuck that, imho.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

51 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Memba this? 

Still waiting for a 1600p ultrawide 21:9 TV.

If you can make it 75hz or 100hz we're golden.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Is 8k60 possible if you connect it via 2 hdmi cables or 3, even 4?

Strange, that you didn't try it... 8k30 is ridicules even just for Desktop usage.

i9 10900K | RTX 3090 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA | 32 GB DDR4 3596 | Corsair MP510 4TB

27 minutes ago, CTmanGer said:

Is 8k60 possible if you connect it via 2 hdmi cables or 3, even 4?

Strange, that you didn't try it... 8k30 is ridicules even just for Desktop usage.

F...! My 2080ti has only 1x HDMI... damn... probably their 2080ti, too

Had a phenomenal deal - 2.5k for the q950r ... but 30Hz... no way

But would it work with 2xDP to hdmi adapters?

Please try it!

i9 10900K | RTX 3090 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA | 32 GB DDR4 3596 | Corsair MP510 4TB

23 hours ago, Deltawing457 said:

I believe you'd need 16 of them to make 24k

Rich fools count differently ?