GTX 1080ti getting low FPS on newly built gaming PC

HadesCore

i've just bought a GTX 1080ti. the GPU is the only second hand part to this gaming PC I just built.

This is what I got on UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17522129

Its showing that i'm in the 27th percentile, (way below average)

I tried playing PUBG on the same settings I used on my GTX780ti where I was getting 120-140FPS

Now im only getting 40-50FPS which makes no sense. I tried doing a clean reinstall of the GeforceExperience Drivers. Tried slightly overclocking the gpu and cpu, to no avail.

If someone could help me understand whats going on and how to fix it I will really appreciate it. I just spent a lot of money building this PC so for it to be running worse than my old one is a real hard kick in the nuts.

Also when I land in pubg it takes a good 30-60seconds to render the area I'm in, everything is a big blur

im going to do a repair install of windows 10 and see if that does anything.

I dont think it is an issue with your gpu due to your cpu, gpu and ssd getting really bad scores. Try using ddu then installing drivers, making sure windows doesn't have lots of programs running, clearing cmos and updating bios.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

What PSU?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I would start off with using something like GPU-Z to determine if the card you purchased is in fact a 1080ti, and not a different card with a modified shroud and/or potentially BIOS.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

12 minutes ago, keskparane said:

What PSU?

Corsair 850w

12 minutes ago, Semper said:

I would start off with using something like GPU-Z to determine if the card you purchased is in fact a 1080ti, and not a different card with a modified shroud and/or potentially BIOS.

I checked GPU-Z straight away it last definitely a 1080ti

15 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

I dont think it is an issue with your gpu due to your cpu, gpu and ssd getting really bad scores. Try using ddu then installing drivers, making sure windows doesn't have lots of programs running, clearing cmos and updating bios.

I’ll try clear cmos and check my bios but I did a clean install of drivers (uninstalled old drivers and reinstalled new ones) which geforeexperience, do you think it’s mecessary to use ddu?

Just now, HadesCore said:

I’ll try clear cmos and check my bios but I did a clean install of drivers (uninstalled old drivers and reinstalled new ones) which geforeexperience, do you think it’s mecessary to use ddu?

Yes, i went from a r9 fury to a rx 570 while i had a dead fan on the fury and i needed to use ddu otherwise i had really bad artifacting and stuttering with the 570.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

22 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Yes, i went from a r9 fury to a rx 570 while i had a dead fan on the fury and i needed to use ddu otherwise i had really bad artifacting and stuttering with the 570.

alright i'll give that a shot

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17541145 the benchmark is still showing low scores for the GPU, I tried a different benchmark called OctaneBench and only got a score of 214 where around 4000 is the average for GTX1080ti's, i've tried everything everyones suggested and more but I still havent been able to figure it out, any more tips or things to try would be really appreciated 

4 hours ago, HadesCore said:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17541145 the benchmark is still showing low scores for the GPU, I tried a different benchmark called OctaneBench and only got a score of 214 where around 4000 is the average for GTX1080ti's, i've tried everything everyones suggested and more but I still havent been able to figure it out, any more tips or things to try would be really appreciated 

Re-seated the card? Sounds simple but could be your issue. Clean the slot etc, give it a crack.

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

Yeah I gave the pcie fingers a good clean along with opening up the card and cleaning out all the dust, I left the plastic window off to give the heatsinks a bit more breathing room but not really sure if its helped in any way, i've been getting pretty high temps with the card when I play graphically demanding games, which I guess is expected but 80-90 degrees celcius is a bit concerning and thats where it tends to stick around when im playing ark for example, I even turned off all the OCs and its gone down but only a marginal amount, around 75-85C now. My case has really good ventilation though, I have the NZXT Phantom 410 and every fan slot is being utilised to a total of 7 (or 8 not too sure) fans with a tendency towards positive pressure but I have a cpu fan pointing directly at the GPU which ramps up to 2000rpm when the gpu hits 90C. I usually have my GPU fan at 65% when OC but just auto when default clocks are used. Im gonna try putting it back to 65% without OC now and see what temps I get.