New Vegas isn't running

So I just bought new vegas today, and when I started it up and hit play it showed the loading blue circle next to the mouse and then didn't do anything. I started it again and tried running, it still didn't work. I've tried starting setting both FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe to run as admin, and FalloutNV.exe to run in compatibility mode for windows 7, since I'm using windows 10. I've also done what all the threads I looked up said to do (turn off UAC, update graphics card, check file integrity, run vcredist_x86 and DXSETUP.exe, deleting the .ini files in documents) as well as some obvious things like reinstalling new vegas itself and restarting my computer. Is there something really obvious that I am missing?

6 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

So I just bought new vegas today, and when I started it up and hit play it showed the loading blue circle next to the mouse and then didn't do anything. I started it again and tried running, it still didn't work. I've tried starting setting both FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe to run as admin, and FalloutNV.exe to run in compatibility mode for windows 7, since I'm using windows 10. I've also done what all the threads I looked up said to do (turn off UAC, update graphics card, check file integrity, run vcredist_x86 and DXSETUP.exe, deleting the .ini files in documents) as well as some obvious things like reinstalling new vegas itself and restarting my computer. Is there something really obvious that I am missing?

must be, maybe your better off with launching an own tread on either steam or gog or maybe look once again for some more indepth fact checking ... eg .. solutions that go beyond what you have tried so far

14 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Even the launcher isn't running?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Dumb question, but did you check your task manager for the launcher? 
Occasionally I'll have the GTA V launcher hang on me and this same thing happens, I need to go into task manager and force quit the GTA V launcher, then it works fine. 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

30 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Even the launcher isn't running?

Launcher runs, it's when I press play in it that nothing happens.

39 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

must be, maybe your better off with launching an own tread on either steam or gog or maybe look once again for some more indepth fact checking ... eg .. solutions that go beyond what you have tried so far

I've made one on steam and no one has answered so far.

17 minutes ago, Chronified said:

Dumb question, but did you check your task manager for the launcher? 
Occasionally I'll have the GTA V launcher hang on me and this same thing happens, I need to go into task manager and force quit the GTA V launcher, then it works fine. 

No, it isn't there after pressing play.

5 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Launcher runs, it's when I press play in it that nothing happens.

I've made one on steam and no one has answered so far.

No, it isn't there after pressing play.

Seems it's required to patch the game with an unofficial patch to play on 64 bit OSes.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552/?

Also apparently another mod is required called Stutter Remover to fix an issue with modern multi threaded CPUs.

Last I'd STRONGLY recommend you also install the New Vegas Unofficial Patch, as with all Bethesda games.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I see that bethesda offers about the same trouble solving package as you already followed

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/35756/~/what-do-i-do-if-fallout%3A-new-vegas-is-crashing-on-windows-10%3F

sometimes those older games just hate windows 10. I have a couple of those that i can't seem to get running nomatter what i try
i hope you will have more luck

Just now, Christiaan21-03 said:

I see that bethesda offers about the same trouble solving package as you already followed

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/35756/~/what-do-i-do-if-fallout%3A-new-vegas-is-crashing-on-windows-10%3F

sometimes those older games just hate windows 10. I have a couple of those that i can't seem to get running nomatter what i try
i hope you will have more luck

That was the first thing I followed.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Seems it's required to patch the game with an unofficial patch to play on 64 bit OSes.

Also apparently another mod is required called Stutter Remover to fix an issue with modern multi threaded CPUs.

Last I'd STRONGLY recommend you also install the New Vegas Unofficial Patch, as with all Bethesda games.

I got just the 4GB patch and then tried, and it didn't work. I then tried getting stutter remover as well but it's dependency, New vegas script extender, isn't installing properly. However if I fix that I will come back with if the stutter remover fixed it.

57 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Alright, I've gotten the Patch, the stutter remover, and the 4GB Patch, and it still isn't working.

14 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Alright, I've gotten the Patch, the stutter remover, and the 4GB Patch, and it still isn't working.

Damn man ... that is depressing, maybe you should consider writing Bethesda in person

Where fallout 3 specifically comes with a warning ( not optimized for windows 7 and up ) there is no message with new vegas what so ever!

another weird observation is that oblivion just plainly works ( might install that game again to give it a proper try.. only enjoyed skyrim so far )

14 hours ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Is there something really obvious that I am missing?

Have you tried rolling back your drivers? And I mean really roll them back. New driver updates is a common cause for older games such as FNV to not run on Windows 10. Installing patches/mods are basically tricking the game into thinking you are running older hardware. They don't always work for everybody.

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Have you tried rolling back your drivers? And I mean really roll them back. New driver updates is a common cause for older games such as FNV to not run on Windows 10. Installing patches/mods are basically tricking the game into thinking you are running older hardware. They don't always work for everybody.

No, I actually updated them because a thread I saw recommended it.

2 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

No, I actually updated them because a thread I saw recommended it.

Is the thread from June of 2019? Your new driver could cause what is happening.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

Is the thread from June of 2019? Your new driver could cause what is happening.

It was from February 2017. Should I switch back to a version from then?

6 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

It was from February 2017. Should I switch back to a version from then?

Entirely up to you. Trying to get old games to run on Windows 10 requires a lot of troubleshooting. Rolling back your drivers is one of them. Try going all the way back to around 368.81. Before starting up the game, be sure to restart your PC after the rollback.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Entirely up to you. Trying to get old games to run on Windows 10 requires a lot of troubleshooting. Rolling back your drivers is one of them. Try going all the way back to around 368.81. Before starting up the game, be sure to restart your PC.

Do you have a good resource which describes how to roll back drivers?

13 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Do you have a good resource which describes how to roll back drivers?

Uninstall your current driver using DDU then reinstall an older driver(as far back as you can go) from the Nvidia website(if you have an Nvidia GPU).

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Uninstall your current driver using DDU then reinstall an older driver(as far back as you can go) from the Nvidia website(if you have an Nvidia GPU).

The farthest back I can go with my AMD card is one from december 2018, is there some place which goes back farther?

15 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

The farthest back I can go with my AMD card is one from december 2018, is there some place which goes back farther?

Probably, but it's best to stick to the one you found. That's far back enough. If it doesn't work, at least it rules out rolling back to a 2018 driver. You can try an older one later to rule it out as well, if you were to find one compatible with your GPU.

Have you by chance tried this yet...

While it is old, people are saying it still helps them...

rad1.png.a0db4e2324b82ae7082c0887d65220ea.png

rad2.png.85a2ea70d79435a0030f7327c78d714d.png

I still recommend ruling out driver rollbacks first. Some consider them a last resort, others rule them out first and foremost because they're much easier to do before having to deal with mods, patches and config files.

4 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Probably, but it's best to stick to the one you found. That's far back enough. If it doesn't work, at least it rules out rolling back to a 2018 driver. You can try an older one later to rule it out as well, if you were to find one compatible with your GPU.

Have you by chance tried this yet...

While it is old, people are saying it still helps them...

rad1.png.a0db4e2324b82ae7082c0887d65220ea.png

rad2.png.85a2ea70d79435a0030f7327c78d714d.png

I still recommend ruling out driver rollbacks first. Some consider them a last resort, others rule them out first and foremost because they're much easier to do before having to deal with mods, patches and config files.

I rolled back the driver and it still didn't work, though I am unsure if I properly rolled it back. I did what the video specified and it did not help.