New Vegas isn't running

37 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

I rolled back the driver and it still didn't work, though I am unsure if I properly rolled it back. I did what the video specified and it did not help.

Well, you've ruled these two steps out. You need to use DDU again for a fresh driver uninstall and then install the latest driver. Once you do that, I do have a couple more things that you may want to try. First is to completely uninstall Fallout New Vegas from your PC. And this time, after FNV is completely gone, you're gonna want to locate any leftover FNV folders that may be left behind and delete them as well. I would think you should know where their locations could be. My Documents/My Games being one of them.

At this point, your drivers should be up to date and your PC should be rid of FNV. Then just reinstall the game and see if it runs. If that doesn't work, then try to run the game in different compatibility modes. If that doesn't work, at least you will have ruled these steps out(because I'm unsure if you got rid of all FNV folders when you reinstalled the game before). The next step to try is a step you may not have tried yet. It involves installing a mod that has helped many people to get this game up and running on Windows 10.

Just make sure you rule out all the steps above before trying this mod. You want as clean of an installation as possible before messing with mods(imo).

Here ya go, hope this helps...

16 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Well, you've ruled these two steps out. You need to use DDU again for a fresh driver uninstall and then install the latest driver. Once you do that, I do have a couple more things that you may want to try. First is to completely uninstall Fallout New Vegas from your PC. And this time, after FNV is completely gone, you're gonna want to locate any leftover FNV folders that may be left behind and delete them as well. I would think you should know where their locations could be. My Documents/My Games being one of them.

At this point, your drivers should be up to date and your PC should be rid of FNV. Then just reinstall the game and see if it runs. If that doesn't work, then try to run the game in different compatibility modes. If that doesn't work, at least you will have ruled these steps out(because I'm unsure if you got rid of all FNV folders when you reinstalled the game before). The next step to try is a step you may not have tried yet. It involves installing a mod that has helped many people to get this game up and running on Windows 10.

Just make sure you rule out all the steps above before trying this mod. You want as clean of an installation as possible before messing with mods(imo).

Here ya go, hope this helps...

I did set my graphics back and delete all new vegas files and then reinstall them. The video won't help because I have an AMD card, not a nvidia one. I tried every compatibility mode up to windows 98 and none of them worked.

3 hours ago, grandmoffgigi said:

I did set my graphics back and delete all new vegas files and then reinstall them. The video won't help because I have an AMD card, not a nvidia one. I tried every compatibility mode up to windows 98 and none of them worked.

With complete patience, try this... FNV Fix. It has a link to an alternate file for AMD GPU users.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

With complete patience, try this... FNV Fix. It has a link to an alternate file for AMD GPU users.

Added the AMD one, nothing changed.

2 hours ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Added the AMD one, nothing changed.

What version of the game are you running? Steam? GOG?

44 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

What version of the game are you running? Steam? GOG?

Steam

59 minutes ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Steam

Have you tried contacting Steam Support to see if they can get your game up and running? https://help.steampowered.com/en/

The good thing is that if you haven't, you have a lot to let them know that you've already tried.

Until they get back with you, you can try to find a way to roll back your driver to something further into the past. I've read that people started reporting that new drivers basically made the game unplayable on Windows 10 as far back as mid 2016. I also read that people claim there are almost a dozen different fixes for getting FNV to run on Windows 10. Which means your solution may very well be a tough task to find. There's also installing the game on Windows 7 or 8. Which is pretty much a last resort to actually being able to play the game when everything else doesn't work.

Best of luck to you. I've been in your shoes for trying to get many games to run. Half the time a fix is found and the word eureka comes to mind. The other half of the time, moving on to a different game usually suffices.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:29 PM, Dr. Historic Low said:

Have you tried contacting Steam Support to see if they can get your game up and running? https://help.steampowered.com/en/

The good thing is that if you haven't, you have a lot to let them know that you've already tried.

Until they get back with you, you can try to find a way to roll back your driver to something further into the past. I've read that people started reporting that new drivers basically made the game unplayable on Windows 10 as far back as mid 2016. I also read that people claim there are almost a dozen different fixes for getting FNV to run on Windows 10. Which means your solution may very well be a tough task to find. There's also installing the game on Windows 7 or 8. Which is pretty much a last resort to actually being able to play the game when everything else doesn't work.

Best of luck to you. I've been in your shoes for trying to get many games to run. Half the time a fix is found and the word eureka comes to mind. The other half of the time, moving on to a different game usually suffices.

Yeah I sent them a ticket.

Would using a VM with windows 7 running on it work?

1 hour ago, grandmoffgigi said:

Yeah I sent them a ticket. Would using a VM with windows 7 running on it work?

Did you send a ticket today or days ago?

And using a VM with W7 running on it is something you would have to try for yourself. It seems like a pretty decent step if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Did you send a ticket today or days ago?

And using a VM with W7 running on it is something you would have to try for yourself. It seems like a pretty decent step if you ask me.

A few days ago. And yeah I'm setting up the vm now