100 mbps on 1 gig plan for wifi

TitanGaming

I've recently got a 1 gig up and download speed plan with verizon

I have 3 google wifi setup points all working

One of the points I keep in my room so I can connect it to my computer via ethernet (Don't have wifi card) 

I only get around 110 mbps download and upload. 
Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you

9 minutes ago, TitanGaming said:

I've recently got a 1 gig up and download speed plan with verizon

I have 3 google wifi setup points all working

One of the points I keep in my room so I can connect it to my computer via ethernet (Don't have wifi card) 

I only get around 110 mbps download and upload. 
Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you

Check a few things the network card / adapter may only support 100mbps. Also contact verizon if nessesary. Also you might have a slow network switch or something.

I’ve checked and it says google wifi should support 1 gig downloads and the router Verizon gave me probably should support 1 gig (considering i bought a 1 gig plan from them)

110 MBps or Mbps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There's a big difference between a little b and a big B. 110MBps would be about right for a 1Gbit link. 110Mbps would be 1/8th that indicating there's an issue.

If your wireless device is capable of the full bandwidth you can try downloading a big file and timing it. A 1GB file should take 10~12 seconds meanwhile 110Mbps you'll be waiting over a minute.

You can also try running an internet speed test. It may not display your full gigabit speed due to potential bandwidth limitations but if it gives you a number far over 110Mbps then that says you've confused Mb with MB and that there's no issue.

39 minutes ago, TitanGaming said:

I’ve checked and it says google wifi should support 1 gig downloads and the router Verizon gave me probably should support 1 gig (considering i bought a 1 gig plan from them)

What device do you have connected? WiFi speeds depend on both your wireless AP and the chipset + antennas inside your client devices.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Also are you hopping between wifi extenders? Like do you go from the one oyu connect STRAIGHT to the modem or does it have to bop one or two of them before it reaches it? latency and bandwidth loss can happen if it has to hop, also using 2.4ghz or 5ghz bands for radio?

What kind of Ethernet cable are you using? Are you sure it is CAT5e and not CAT5?