You could do a VR PC in a backpack now that PC headsets have inside out tracking.

It just occurred to me that the backpack PC setup people wanted to do a few years ago when the headsets had external sensors is now possible with the new headsets like the Rift S that have inside out tracking.

I hope someone does a video on that now.

I think that'd be fun to watch.

4 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

It just occurred to me that the backpack PC setup people wanted to do a few years ago when the headsets had external sensors is now possible with the new headsets like the Rift S that have inside out tracking.

I hope someone does a video on that now.

I think that'd be fun to watch.

Well the problem is that even tho inside-out tracking is getting better, it's still not as good as having extra sensors in the room as the vive.

And these days we have wireless solutions for stuff like the vive so there's no need to run around with a pc strapped to your back.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The best option would just be HTC vive + wireless adaptor.

The only extra weight would be the battery, but you can put it in your pocket for example.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

With 5G everything should be wireless. Sensors in the room, headset display, controllers in your hand if needed, foot position sensors, genital attachments, anything and everything!

Except the battery power, prob still need cables for that...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I've heard nothing but bad things about that wireless adapter for VR headsets so I really don't see that as a viable option yet. Either way, I just think it'd be fun if someone tried this. It doesn't have to make more sense than another thing. It's just an interesting thing to test out.