Xbox 360 scratched our disc

CoffeeBlack

I bought Batman: Arkham Origins for my brother for Christmas and the second time he played it, the 360 scratched the disc beyond repair. Does anyone know if Xbox or the Devs have a replacement program of some sort? It sucks to spend $40 on a game and have it be useless.

Take it to your local video store and have them resurface the disc, it cost me like 3$ when i scratched my gta 4 disc when i moved my 360 while it was on

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The best thing to do is to get it resurfaced like @Snickerzz said. 

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Yeah EB games can resurface it i did it way tomany times to my disk..

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

We got it resurfaced, still didn't work :( It's a deep cut in the shape of a circle around the entire disc.

That means someone tried moving the console while On and running the game. If not moving then they tried changing from the sitting to the upright position. Is it a newer Slim model or the classic older one?

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Yeah, I'm sure my brother bumped it or something. They need to start selling games on USB drives so this doesn't happen. And it's a slim.

I bought Batman: Arkham Origins for my brother for Christmas and the second time he played it, the 360 scratched the disc beyond repair. Does anyone know if Xbox or the Devs have a replacement program of some sort? It sucks to spend $40 on a game and have it be useless.

It has a sticker I. The thing when u buy it saying don't disrupt it while reading adisk you. Are liable.. Your fault

It has a sticker I. The thing when u buy it saying don't disrupt it while reading adisk you. Are liable.. Your fault

Tell me where I said I wasn't liable. I was just hoping they had some sort of cheap replacement policy.

For the disc scratching in the way that it did, probably no returns/swap-outs will be doable.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Take it to your local video store and have them resurface the disc, it cost me like 3$ when i scratched my gta 4 disc when i moved my 360 while it was on

yup because those still exist

Tell me where I said I wasn't liable. I was just hoping they had some sort of cheap replacement policy.

As far as I'm aware, there's not. Your best solution is probably to try and find another disc for sale somewhere.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I found out Xbox has a replacement program but it's $20. That's about what I paid for the game...guess I'm just SOL.