iRaise, iFold - Patent points to DUAL folding iPhone

rcmaehl
1 minute ago, Kevaros said:

But don't you think that popularizing a feature through usability can have value in and of itself?

They don't though, they popularize features because of the logo on the back. They do the same things in the same ways, Apple is not an innovator. Hasn't been in decades.

If anything, they're a moderately better American Huawei when it comes to the innovation front.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

They don't though, they popularize features because of the logo on the back.

But they do? I'm sure we can agree that people often don't end up buying iPhones because of innovative features (like 3D Touch or Face ID as per my previous example), but their implementation of it is what makes it worthwhile to people. I use 3D Touch daily, and I only do it because of the way Apple implemented it. That's innovative to me.

Just now, Kevaros said:

But they do?

They do. There is nothing intrinsically more usable about Face ID or Force Touch (it existed in the Android space before OEMs like Hauwei and ZTE killed it off as being a solution in need of a problem; not worthwhile)

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

They do. There is nothing intrinsically more usable about Face ID or Force Touch (it existed in the Android space before OEMs like Hauwei and ZTE killed it off as being a solution in need of a problem; not worthwhile)

Well, the fact that 3D Touch is on a phone that I can buy without having to import a phone from China while also being implemented in a way that I want to use it does make it more usable to me.

But I think we'll ultimately just disagree on what we'd call innovative.

1 minute ago, Kevaros said:

Well, the fact that 3D Touch is on a phone that I can buy without having to import a phone from China while also being implemented in a way that I want to use it does make it more usable to me.

Same implementation. All of the phones were available in the US.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Same implementation. All of the phones were available in the US.

But not everyone lives in the United States.

And I doubt it was the same implementation.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Galaxy S watches.

This isn't really true.

The Apple Watch has an ECG sensor; the Galaxy Watch series doesn't.  Part of the big deal around Apple Watch Series 4 was that it was the first smartwatch anywhere to have an officially certified ECG sensor (certainly the first from the FDA).  Galaxy Watches are ostensibly capable of monitoring blood pressure, but there are concerns about the accuracy and effectiveness... and that still doesn't do what an ECG does.

This isn't even to say the ECG feature is a lifesaver by any means -- at best it means you should see a doctor to check if a reading is indicative of deeper trouble.  But it is something Apple has that Samsung and most other competitors don't.

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

This isn't really true.

The Apple Watch has an ECG sensor; the Galaxy Watch series doesn't.  Part of the big deal around Apple Watch Series 4 was that it was the first smartwatch anywhere to have an officially certified ECG sensor (certainly the first from the FDA).  Galaxy Watches are ostensibly capable of monitoring blood pressure, but there are concerns about the accuracy and effectiveness... and that still doesn't do what an ECG does.

This isn't even to say the ECG feature is a lifesaver by any means -- at best it means you should see a doctor to check if a reading is indicative of deeper trouble.  But it is something Apple has that Samsung and most other competitors don't.

Yay, apple have one feature that might be better in the field than Samsung.  This doesn't change anything that was claimed.  

What is it with people digging further into almost irrelevant specifics in order to dismiss what is objectively a larger general trend?   We can all find a 1%er that doesn't follow the general trend, but trying to use it to dismiss the other 99% is ridiculous. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

19 hours ago, Kevaros said:

And as much as we like to hate on Apple, they do innovate. Look at the Apple Watch, it‘s become the most popular (and arguably the best) smartwatch without any noteworthy competition. 

Eh, they used to be the leader in innovation in many areas but not anymore, now they are trying to catch up in most segments. Be it desktop or mobile market. What they more notably do is wait for tech to get better (perfect?) and then implement it or popularise existing concepts. And they are pretty stalemate at this moment. Raising the prices in all markets without bringing any new features to the table, most Apple communities I've seen are pissed at them. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

14 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Eh, they used to be the leader in innovation in many areas but not anymore, now they are trying to catch up in most segments. Be it desktop or mobile market. What they more notably do is wait for tech to get better (perfect?) and then implement it or popularise existing concepts. And they are pretty stalemate at this moment. Raising the prices in all markets without bringing any new features to the table, most Apple communities I've seen are pissed at them. 

Yeah I wonder all the time: what would Apple be like if Steve Jobs did not die so soon? Would Apple have made modular phones popular? Would Macbooks have better thermals, include a "iGame" lineup, or be powered by A-series chips by now? Would iOS have merged with MacOS or have support for more desktop/pro-grade apps? Would phones still be glass-and-metal slabs?

One has to wonder........

I wish apple would "ifold" as a company so that I could stop hearing about their shitty products...

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.