The cheapest card I can get?

supafiya

Hi everyone, I watch the YouTube channel often and it really helped me get back into PC gaming. I have started saving money to build a PC since the beginning of this year, and I finally managed to save enough to get 1. the motherboard, an msi b450. 2. the Ryzen 5 2400g (apu) 3. 1 stick of ddr4 ram, 4. a PSU and 5. a 128gb SSD for windows (and used an old HDD for game storage). All this cost around $340 and I am so happy to have gotten this! I started playing my favorite game (World of Warcraft) and I noticed that I do start to get very low fps in certain situations making the game very hard and frustrating to play. Now it took me almost 5 months to save up that $340, I'm very poor and cannot work, for reasons I won't get into now. I do what I can through Amazon'z Mechanical Turk 10+ hours a day to maintain myself and keep all the bills paid. All I have to keep myself happy is this game right now, and before that it was mostly YouTube and TV shows. I am hoping someone can help me find a good deal on a video card that will get me as close to 60 fps in dungeons (5 man dungeon) in WoW as possible. I've looked everywhere for "pay over time" options because I can afford 20 or so dollars a month, but I have no credit so I do not qualify for any of them, and I can't afford the $200~ up front for the cards my friends suggests. Is there anyone who plays this game who can suggest me a good card that will cost as little as possible so I can spend the time I do have on the game enjoying it rather than frustrated with it? I've asked other people and they say RX 580 or GTX 1660, but those cards will take me months to save up for. I thought coming here would be the best place to get the best information, maybe something most other people don't know. I really need it to be as cheap as possible, thank you for your time!

4 minutes ago, supafiya said:

Hi everyone, I watch the YouTube channel often and it really helped me get back into PC gaming. I have started saving money to build a PC since the beginning of this year, and I finally managed to save enough to get 1. the motherboard, an msi b450. 2. the Ryzen 5 2400g (apu) 3. 1 stick of ddr4 ram, 4. a PSU and 5. a 128gb SSD for windows (and used an old HDD for game storage). All this cost around $340 and I am so happy to have gotten this! I started playing my favorite game (World of Warcraft) and I noticed that I do start to get very low fps in certain situations making the game very hard and frustrating to play. Now it took me almost 5 months to save up that $340, I'm very poor and cannot work, for reasons I won't get into now. I do what I can through Amazon'z Mechanical Turk 10+ hours a day to maintain myself and keep all the bills paid. All I have to keep myself happy is this game right now, and before that it was mostly YouTube and TV shows. I am hoping someone can help me find a good deal on a video card that will get me as close to 60 fps in dungeons (5 man dungeon) in WoW as possible. I've looked everywhere for "pay over time" options because I can afford 20 or so dollars a month, but I have no credit so I do not qualify for any of them, and I can't afford the $200~ up front for the cards my friends suggests. Is there anyone who plays this game who can suggest me a good card that will cost as little as possible so I can spend the time I do have on the game enjoying it rather than frustrated with it? I've asked other people and they say RX 580 or GTX 1660, but those cards will take me months to save up for. I thought coming here would be the best place to get the best information, maybe something most other people don't know. I really need it to be as cheap as possible, thank you for your time!

I have great luck with the MSI 1050ti. Not the most powerful card but I think anything over 100 FPS is a little ridiculous because you really can't tell or see the improvement. It does the job for me just fine. (I have the 4G model) 

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

How about a 1650, a 1050 or a 1050 ti?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Your single stick of RAM is more likely to be the issue rather than GPU

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

The FIRST investment you should do is BUY A SECOND MEMORY STICK

Ryzen processors like high frequency RAM, ideally you would use 3000 Mhz or 3200 Mhz memory sticks, but if you bought something running at lower frequency that's OK.

However, when you have TWO ram sticks, the ram will run in dual channel mode, where data is read and written from both ram sticks at the same time, DOUBLING the bandwidth available.

This is especially important when the integrated video card stores the stuff it needs in the RAM, so both processor AND video card compete for RAM access.

In programs alone, adding a second ram stick will increase performance by maybe 5-15% ... and in games you should see noticeable improvements, as you basically double the memory bandwidth by adding a ram stick

The graphics inside the the 2400g are a bit below a GTX 1050, buying a GTX 1050 will NOT give you a sufficient bump in performance, you'll regret spending so much money on a card of that performance level. If you experiment with a card, it may seem faster because the dedicated video card has its own RAM and won't be chocked by low ram bandwidth of the system memory (which runs in single channel mode due to being just one ram stick)

Then, save some money and buy at least a used RX 470 or RX 570 or a GTX 1060 / 1650 ... anything below these would not give you enough of a improvement in graphics to be worth the money.

see @ 2:30 and onwards but watch whole video, it's not long

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

The FIRST investment you should do is BUY A SECOND MEMORY STICK

Ryzen processors like high frequency RAM, ideally you would use 3000 Mhz or 3200 Mhz memory sticks, but if you bought something running at lower frequency that's OK.

However, when you have TWO ram sticks, the ram will run in dual channel mode, where data is read and written from both ram sticks at the same time, DOUBLING the bandwidth available.

This is especially important when the integrated video card stores the stuff it needs in the RAM, so both processor AND video card compete for RAM access.

In programs alone, adding a second ram stick will increase performance by maybe 5-15% ... and in games you should see noticeable improvements, as you basically double the memory bandwidth by adding a ram stick

The graphics inside the the 2400g are a bit below a GTX 1050, buying a GTX 1050 will NOT give you a sufficient bump in performance, you'll regret spending so much money on a card of that performance level. If you experiment with a card, it may seem faster because the dedicated video card has its own RAM and won't be chocked by low ram bandwidth of the system memory (which runs in single channel mode due to being just one ram stick)

Then, save some money and buy at least a used RX 470 or RX 570 or a GTX 1060 / 1650 ... anything below these would not give you enough of a improvement in graphics to be worth the money.

Correction – Vega 11 in 2400G is bit below GT 1030 GDDR5, so 1050 would be quite noticeable bump in performance, but not worth it in OP's case.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Ebay would be your best bet on such a limited budget. I'd wait a few months for some of the newer GPU's to come out and then you should see some pretty cheap cards that will get you that 60FPS you want. And don't forget about the older 900 series Nvida cards they are still good for getting 60FPS in a lot of games and are really cheap if you don't mind it being a bit out of date. 

Hey I can actually speak to this one... 

WoW is a much more CPU bound title than GPU bound title...  

The Vega 11 GPU you have with the 2400 will be more than sufficient for running WoW at an acceptable level but rather than spending upwards of 100+ dollars on a new gpu id spend it on a 16 gig kit of fast dual channel ram and put that in the system and I think you will be amazed.  

and don't waste time or money on an nvida card... Buy an RX 570 even the 4 gig model is plenty to run wow at ultra detail on the CPU you have. 

Ok thank you all very much. I'll be buying the extra stick of RAM soon. I will be looking at the RX 470 and 570 is that good enough for 60 fps on WoW? I'll spend my time going through this thread and check out all the suggestions on ebay and amazon, thank you all so much.

You should be getting 60fps at 1080p with the integrated card, if you adjust the graphics quality to low-medium and you have two ram sticks. As another person said, WOW is more cpu intensive (because multiplayer, has to constantly keep track of everyone around you in game, to draw them if needed and so on)... as long as the memory is fast (which will be with two ram sticks) the game should work well.

I can't say for sure, because it's years since I played WOW... I can just make assumptions.

A RX 470 or RX 570 should definitely do 60fps or more in WOW.

Ok I spent the money I had saved for a GPU on the other stick of ram, and you guys were so right!! It made such more of an impact than I had imagined, the game runs great now! I still get lower fps in some areas, but at least I can play the game now without being frustrated by the fps until I save enough for a GPU!! Thank you all!

rx 570 4gb is good way to go, i have 1050ti and its solid 60fps 1080p card, but cant run fortnite at everything epic. so rx 570 is the way to go, or if u can save 40 more bucks u can get rx580 4gb model, which is 15% faster than rx 570

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)