Dice talk BF4, they talk balancing, its time we talk now

brownninja97

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-feedback/

Top-Story-Battlelog-News-Post-BF4-Sectio

So Bf4 has had many patches to get the netcode to get its shit together, surprisingly they are talking about patches now which is pretty nice as this will be the first balancing patch.

Anyways they have a series of questions which are multiple choice so it shouldn't be too hard. Sadly there is nothing on how stupidly op the ACE-23 is, im really fed of that gun, it has 800rpm and no recoil very op.

So it seems like poll is based on vehicles at the moment, maybe a gun play polls will come in the future or they already know to patch the op weapons.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

AEK is far more OP than the Ace IMO. 900rpm and still pretty solid accuracy, you can absolutely slay with that thing

Ive noticed myself getting killed by the ace a lot more then the aek, if i want a weapon that puts people down quickly then i use the mtar or the acr.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

BUFF DMR'S DAMNIT. I don't even know why the put them in the game in the current state that they are.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Finally DICE is interacting with us in some way. Maybe BF4 can be pulled out of the crapper. I sure hope so.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Yeah I guess it's down to play style. I find if I want an easy game and a good k/d I'll use the AEK, I've been using obscure weapons as much as I can though so I can challenge myself. The Cbz has been my pick the last week or so :)

Ive mainly been using the l85, mtar and the L96

Listen if you care.

BUFF DMR'S DAMNIT. I don't even know why the put them in the game in the current state that they are.

^

They are just pathetic messes those guns, i feel bad for them.

Listen if you care.

Yeah I guess it's down to play style. I find if I want an easy game and a good k/d I'll use the AEK, I've been using obscure weapons as much as I can though so I can challenge myself. The Cbz has been my pick the last week or so :)

CBZ was one of the first assault rifles I started with (I finished campaign before getting into multiplayer). It's actually very good over medium range once you get use to it. It's my #1 ranked weapon right now.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I say fix the netcode first so we can actualy see how all guns perform.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

http://fixthenetcode.com/

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The netcode on pc is ok at the moment, we can already determine what is op and what isnt.

Listen if you care.

I swore not to use air vehicles until they fix the lock-on missiles, it's the most aggravating thing in the game to just listen to the lock on sound every 5 seconds and get blown out of the sky in a minute, just by the rockets. This is worst with helicopters, so I demand the under radar upgrade from BF3 and shorten the range of active radar missiles, maybe some other tweaks but not to the point air is OP again. Also the attack choppa could use some buffs, especially on the gunner side.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Stop saying netcode.. It is not a thing.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Stop saying netcode.. It in not a thing.. 

The devs call it netcode so we call it netcode, deal with it.

Listen if you care.

The devs call it netcode so we call it netcode, deal with it.

Correction, they call it "Netcode" (in quotes) because that's what the players call it. There is no such thing. The so called 'Network Code' spans across everything from player movement calculations to server refresh rates. It isn't a single entity.

Correction, they call it "Netcode" (in quotes) because that's what the players call it. There is no such thing. The so called 'Network Code' spans across everything from player movement calculations to server refresh rates. It isn't a single entity.

So let me get this straight we call it netcode because the devs call it netcode because we call it netcode.

I shall make a new word

netcode changes to "the shit that makes the other shit work", why have one word when you can have 8. hell yeah

Listen if you care.

So let me get this straight we call it netcode because the devs call it netcode because we call it netcode.

I shall make a new word

netcode changes to "the shit that makes the other shit work", why have one word when you can have 8. hell yeah

I don't like forcing 'netcode' because some people believe that the 'netcode' is a text file with 20 lines of calculations. They believe you can just "edit it a bit" and magically fix everything. They have no idea how complex a AAA game is, nor the factors involved, and end up constantly complaining to the developers to 'fix the netcode' which isn't helpful at all.

I don't like forcing 'netcode' because some people believe that the 'netcode' is a text file with 20 lines of calculations. They believe you can just "edit it a bit" and magically fix everything. They have no idea how complex a AAA game is, nor the factors involved, and end up constantly complaining to the developers to 'fix the netcode' which isn't helpful at all.

You have any excellent point. Whenever I get upset at a close to desktop or bad hit detection I remember something. I am playing a game where 64 people from across the world join up with two on tablets to battle on a virtual map literally the size of a city center and where at any point a massive skyscraper can topple, triggred by tthe combined or individual attacks of anyobe playing. I remember that while that crash has to match up for every mplayer it also has to match with the server controlled wave timings while players Bob and weave on the open water. Hell it can even take down anyone in the air while it falls. So while I hope they fix the problems, they are doing something amazing that I have no understanding of how difficult it is.

DMR's are in a sorry state, they really need to get on that as I'd love to be effective with one

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Listen to this, you're insane to endorse more "balancing" patches. 

Does nobody remember how DICE infinitely destroyed Battlefield 3. At launch, BF3 was nearly balanced and then 4 or 6 patches later is was almost a completely different game and definitely no better! 

With respect to the ACE, it has lower stats than the M16a3 in BF3. I don't see what the issue is. I remember at launch almost no one used the m16 in bf3, infact I can distinctly remember arguing it's merits with friends who deferred to a host of other weapons like the f2000 and m416. It felt weak by compare, but it had great handling. They just destroyed the weapon balancing SO MUCH that it became the best.

The ACE is widely used because it has relatively low deviations and a respectable rate of fire. It's an all arounder and it belongs in the game. Surely you've gone against the AEK or the Famas ( or many carbines for that matter ) and found yourself completely outgunned. That's because it isn't the best weapon, it's just particularly suited to many different engagement varieties. I prefer the m416 but then again I'm partial to german weapons and the G36 received an ungodly nerf ( totally arbitrary too ).  

Air vehicles are the only thing that need balancing IMO. Firstly, the stealth jets need a massive buff against air for default cannons. They need BF3 damage values, one pass to kill enemy air ( if you're good ). The zoomed cockpit and third person views are absolutely retarded, again it needs to be pulled back to BF3 standards. The temporary disable feature on impact is EQUALLY stupid, get rid of it. If you're disabled, fine, but I can't count how many times ( even with gyro ) I've tanked one igla round only to be unable to recover before hitting the ground. Pitch, roll, ascend all disabled from any hit generated by AA weapons. Another thing they should rollback is the HUD from from BF3, it's too disorienting now. I guess my conclusion here is that BF3 >>>>>>>> BF4 with respect to air vehicles. 

Oh a last note, AA guns need their range limited. Most of BF4's maps are just flat open areas and most AA drivers are incessant a holes who camp in base the entire game. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Played it for 10 hours so i could get level 10 to be able to use the commander app. Played 3 games on the commander app and haven't played it since (mainly because i discovered war thunder, i played that 15 hours straight).

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

The ACE 52 CQB is also very powerful, the game really needs to be fixed

There's nothing wrong with that gun. Its stability is very poor. If you can deal with the shaking when shooting, then you've got a powerful gun.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ