Dice talk BF4, they talk balancing, its time we talk now

brownninja97

Listen to this, you're insane to endorse more "balancing" patches. 

Does nobody remember how DICE infinitely destroyed Battlefield 3. At launch, BF3 was nearly balanced and then 4 or 6 patches later is was almost a completely different game and definitely no better! 

With respect to the ACE, it has lower stats than the M16a3 in BF3. I don't see what the issue is. I remember at launch almost no one used the m16 in bf3, infact I can distinctly remember arguing it's merits with friends who deferred to a host of other weapons like the f2000 and m416. It felt weak by compare, but it had great handling. They just destroyed the weapon balancing SO MUCH that it became the best.

The ACE is widely used because it has relatively low deviations and a respectable rate of fire. It's an all arounder and it belongs in the game. Surely you've gone against the AEK or the Famas ( or many carbines for that matter ) and found yourself completely outgunned. That's because it isn't the best weapon, it's just particularly suited to many different engagement varieties. I prefer the m416 but then again I'm partial to german weapons and the G36 received an ungodly nerf ( totally arbitrary too ).  

Air vehicles are the only thing that need balancing IMO. Firstly, the stealth jets need a massive buff against air for default cannons. They need BF3 damage values, one pass to kill enemy air ( if you're good ). The zoomed cockpit and third person views are absolutely retarded, again it needs to be pulled back to BF3 standards. The temporary disable feature on impact is EQUALLY stupid, get rid of it. If you're disabled, fine, but I can't count how many times ( even with gyro ) I've tanked one igla round only to be unable to recover before hitting the ground. Pitch, roll, ascend all disabled from any hit generated by AA weapons. Another thing they should rollback is the HUD from from BF3, it's too disorienting now. I guess my conclusion here is that BF3 >>>>>>>> BF4 with respect to air vehicles. 

Oh a last note, AA guns need their range limited. Most of BF4's maps are just flat open areas and most AA drivers are incessant a holes who camp in base the entire game. 

Yeah, don't compare BF3 and BF4, different flow, different balancing.

When a majority of the player base is using the same weapon, it can be considered as OP. If the game was balanced you would see an even spread of all of the weapon usage, but you don't.

The ACE is the M16 of BF4. It's piss easy to use and therefore has the lowest general Time-To-Kill, so everyone uses it. Most of the carbines are better in CQ than PDW's. DMR's are too weak to be useful.

The AEK, ACE, and carbines all need a nerf. DMR's and PDW's need to be buffed.

Stealth jets need a buff for their 20mm cannons? Get real, people are complaining that they should be nerfed, even the developers are aware it is OP, look at #3:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-feedback/

The disable feature is there so we don't have to abandon our vehicles at 25% or whatever it was in BF3. If you want bloody BF3 values, go play BF3. It sounds like you want an exactly the same game with new maps.

I find the new HUD excellent.

AA guns aren't the issue (you sound like an air vehicle whore), it's the active radar missiles, those are stupid-op. People can't camp in their base with an AA vehicle without the Active Radars, the 20mm cannons have too much spread and the 30mm not enough speed.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I bought BF4 months ago and it still keeps crashing. I would rather have that worked on even more.

So let me get this straight we call it netcode because the devs call it netcode because we call it netcode.

I shall make a new word

netcode changes to "the shit that makes the other shit work", why have one word when you can have 8. hell yeah

You sir are a genius xD

To those saying netcode doesn't exist...

What?

Netcode is a colloquial reference to the code in the game which handles network communications. Yes, there are other elements to it and it's more complicated than most people think but it is still there.

The netcode is responsible for taking the varying actions in the game and ensuring that they occur in more or less the same way across every game. If you fire a bullet which kills an enemy at a certain position, the netcode needs to translate that action and positioning of everything to every other player in the game.

The game needs code for handling networking or it wouldn't be possible for people to play online together. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Great that they are getting user feedback to balance the game to make the game more enjoyable for people. Haven't got BF4 but it seems to be pretty good right now with lots of bugs fixed.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

All guns are op. I wish they increased health. As for a good player. I can easily put more bullets into enemies if needed. But every extra bullet I can take may mean I can take out 10 people at once myself.

Bf3 bf4 and bfbc2 had amazing balancing, people just whine because they cant see the light.

Hence the point of call of the noobs.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

To those saying netcode doesn't exist...

What?

Netcode is a colloquial reference to the code in the game which handles network communications. Yes, there are other elements to it and it's more complicated than most people think but it is still there.

The netcode is responsible for taking the varying actions in the game and ensuring that they occur in more or less the same way across every game. If you fire a bullet which kills an enemy at a certain position, the netcode needs to translate that action and positioning of everything to every other player in the game.

The game needs code for handling networking or it wouldn't be possible for people to play online together. :)

I never said it doesn't exist, I'm saying that people use that word incorrectly. They believe that it's the netcodes fault for everything. In BF4, according to a developer, the netcode, in terms of client/server combined hit detection, is as efficient and perfected as it can get (aka there's nothing wrong with it). 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I never said it doesn't exist, I'm saying that people use that word incorrectly. They believe that it's the netcodes fault for everything. In BF4, according to a developer, the netcode, in terms of client/server combined hit detection, is as efficient and perfected as it can get (aka there's nothing wrong with it). 

Well of course they would. 1) Marketing 2) Deflection of blame and 3) Pride

The netcode is indisputably broken. Hit detection does not work properly across networked game generally speaking, whereas it functions perfectly in local games. Netcode is therefore not as efficient or as good as it could be. (And we're talking relatively low-latency, good connection games.)

My response would be, slow down kill-times across the board.

Make each kill require accuracy and skill. Don't make it a twitch-based Call of Duty-fest.

'Cept of course they'll keep it that way... :/

I like the shorter time to kill. It makes the game feel more realistic and it still requires skill from longer than short range.

My response would be, slow down kill-times across the board.

Make each kill require accuracy and skill. Don't make it a twitch-based Call of Duty-fest.

'Cept of course they'll keep it that way... :/

I like the shorter time to kill. It makes the game feel more realistic and it still requires skill from longer than short range. I think add more recoil to the lighter assault rifles and carbines and taking some away from the heavy barrel LMGs, but also making weight a mechanic (meaning assaults with carbines can run max speed while a support with LMG is slower forcing him to bipod and cover).

I like the shorter time to kill. It makes the game feel more realistic and it still requires skill from longer than short range.

I don't care about realism, I play a game to have fun and to break away from realism for a little while.

And I don't think it requires skill. It requires luck and a partial ability to aim... I prefer drawing out the need to aim over a longer period of time because then the skill gap is, to me, higher. You need to maintain accuracy over time instead of just over a tiny amount of time.

I don't care about realism, I play a game to have fun and to break away from realism for a little while.

And I don't think it requires skill. It requires luck and a partial ability to aim... I prefer drawing out the need to aim over a longer period of time because then the skill gap is, to me, higher. You need to maintain accuracy over time instead of just over a tiny amount of time.

I think the words you guys are looking for is Authentic. If you want realism... Well you know what to do.

Another thing they should do is get rid of portable AA and give less weapons to the mobile AA.

Maybe some of the AR's could use some nerfing but I think that higher player health might help.

All guns are op. I wish they increased health. As for a good player. I can easily put more bullets into enemies if needed. But every extra bullet I can take may mean I can take out 10 people at once myself.

Bf3 bf4 and bfbc2 had amazing balancing, people just whine because they cant see the light.

Hence the point of call of the noobs.

dmrs are not even close to op, they are pathetic, i think the scar is more powerful then them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1