Why is there so much price difference between Asus or Inno3D?

ramm

I was looking into the 2080 series and one thing I noticed is that an Inno3D card costs like €700 and Asus cards are almost €900.

Do you really get more with one of those Asus Cards?

The difference is not worth €200. They will both perfom basicaly identicaly. Just get the Inno3D. You are paying more for the brand and "features" that are basicaly worthless.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

The difference is not worth €200. They will both perfom basicaly identicaly. Just get the Inno3D. You are paying more for the brand and "features" that are basicaly worthless.

And how about quality/reliability?

Because Asus with their braded parts are regularly overpriced. They have a strong brand and they are milking it accordingly. 

Btw Radeon 7 is less than 700$ and just as fast. 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

you know inno3d has the most questionable 1 year warranty i've seen?

not worth 200 dollars extra, any alternatives? look at the radeon vii too

1 minute ago, ramm said:

And how about quality/reliability?

1.) warranty exists

2.) depends on a particular model. All brands have different versions of RTX 2080. The componentry on ASUS card is likely better but it doesent really matter if you are not sub-zero overclocking

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

you know inno3d has the most questionable 1 year warranty i've seen?

not worth 200 dollars extra, any alternatives? look at the radeon vii too

1 year warranty does not exist in EU. You have 2years minimum.

And Ive dealt with multiple Inno3D cards and had no issues. You can encounter issues with any card.

If the model he talks about uses reference PCB then there is basicaly nothing different besides the cooler itself vs the RTX 2080 FE.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

And Ive dealt with multiple Inno3D cards and had no issues. You can encounter issues with any card.

If the model he talks about uses reference PCB then there is basicaly nothing different besides the cooler itself vs the RTX 2080 FE.

then i have a question for you... very simple

look up the warranty for it

you can find almost nothing

9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

3-5 years if its revealed to be a defect or design fault. though you will probably have a small fight with customer service and know you are talking about. 

and if warranty is an issue. there is allways the Sapphire boxed Radeon 7 or EVGA cards. 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dkprxr/sapphire-radeon-vii-16-gb-video-card-21291-01-40g

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/r8smP6/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2183-kr

one being a tad cheaper than the other. 

25 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

then i have a question for you... very simple

look up the warranty for it

you can find almost nothing

22 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

3-5 years if its revealed to be a defect or design fault. though you will probably have a small fight with customer service and know you are talking about. 

and if warranty is an issue. there is allways the Sapphire boxed Radeon 7 or EVGA cards. 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dkprxr/sapphire-radeon-vii-16-gb-video-card-21291-01-40g

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/r8smP6/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-2183-kr

one being a tad cheaper than the other. 

Look. I dont really care.

If you are buying from any store in EU product like a graphics card. You are guaranteed to have 2y warranty for that product not from the manufacturer but from the seller.

I am not saying that Inno3D is an amazing brand. Im saying that if the price difference is 200eur then Inno3D is more than good enough. There is no reason why anyone should spend 900eur for RTX 2080 if that can almost get you the cheapest RTX 2080ti if you spend 100eur more which will still be significantly better.

I agree that OP should likely look at other brands besides Inno3D and ASUS and he will likely find a better card for similar price of the Inno3D card. But I was just simply answering to his question which only contained 2 options. I dont even know which exact models of these cards is he talking about. He only mentioned brands.

And as I said previously. If the Inno3D card is using FE PCB then the only thing different from RTX 2080 FE is the cooler and I see no issue there at all.