GTA 5 and Fivem- Stutter/ input lag and low fps

OscarQP

Hello!

(I am writing this post for my friend so that is why i will refer to him often.)

My friend has always had good fps on GTA 5 aswell as on Fivem, but recentley he has started experiencing bad fps and extreme stutter lag which is very weird because he has good hardware (gtx 1060 6gb, i7 8700k with good cooling, 8 GB DDR4 2666mhz). He has his settings set to almost everything maxed out, which his computer has been able to handle just a couple of days ago and then his fps never dropped under 70.

At first i thought this was because of his ram but looking at his ram it can’t be right?

We have tried a bunch of stuff like turning off overlay on steam and GeForce experience, checking if his gpu is thermal throttling which it does not, checking temperature on CPU which always is below 60 degrees. 

One thing we did see though was that his CPU was really low on its usage, about 11%, which was very weird because it has never been that low before and because it was using all of its cores.

If someone knows how to fix this or has had similar problems please write how you fixed it.

It depends on which servers he plays, as each has its own mods. I personally have a GTX 1080Ti with 16GB of RAM and an R5 1600 at 3.8GHz and experience stuttering quite often.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

1 hour ago, bruny06 said:

It depends on which servers he plays, as each has its own mods. I personally have a GTX 1080Ti with 16GB of RAM and an R5 1600 at 3.8GHz and experience stuttering quite often.

Ok! But the thing is that me and my friends play on the same server with not as god hardware as him and experience barely no lag.

thanks for your answer!

2 hours ago, OscarQP said:

If someone knows how to fix this or has had similar problems please write how you fixed it.

I fixed this type of issue by adding 1 stick of 8GB RAM to have a total of 16GB RAM. Been stutter-free ever since. You could try to tone down a few graphic settings, especially MSAA, put it on like 2x or 4x. That won't get rid of the stuttering but should help with performance(higher/more stable fps). More RAM will help with stuttering though. Literally like a miracle worker.

8 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I fixed this type of issue by adding 1 stick of 8GB RAM to have a total of 16GB RAM. Been stutter-free ever since. You could try to tone down a few graphic settings, especially MSAA, put it on like 2x or 4x. That won't get rid of the stuttering but should help with performance(higher/more stable fps). More RAM will help with stuttering though. Literally like a miracle worker.

Ok! The thing is though that he earlier has been able to run at same graphics with no stuttering or bad fps and now it has suddenley changed from out of nowhere.

Should he maybe try overclocking his dram?

thanks for your answer!

7 hours ago, OscarQP said:

Ok! The thing is though that he earlier has been able to run at same graphics with no stuttering or bad fps and now it has suddenley changed from out of nowhere.

Completely common. It works for a little while and over time the stuttering rears its head.

7 hours ago, OscarQP said:

Should he maybe try overclocking his dram?

That should only help with performance(higher/more stable fps), not stuttering. And should only be done if his motherboard allows it and if you know what you're doing. Toning down a few graphic settings is much easier and more effective, provided you lower the right ones. Ultra is never the way to go. Custom graphic settings beats ultra all day long when it comes to maximizing fps without losing visual fidelity. Like I said, you just gotta lower the right ones. Be sure to turn down and off every single advanced graphic setting, especially extended distance scaling. These settings are nothing special visually and should always be turned down even with the best hardware in the world. Put distance scaling(not extended) at around 40% as well.

If you'd like to know the best custom graphic settings, let me know. I've mastered them for the game looking like ultra yet performing at the highest fps possible.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Completely common. It works for a little while and over time the stuttering rears its head.

That should only help with performance(higher/more stable fps), not stuttering. And should only be done if his motherboard allows it and if you know what you're doing. Toning down a few graphic settings is much easier and more effective, provided you lower the right ones. Ultra is never the way to go. Custom graphic settings beats ultra all day long when it comes to maximizing fps without losing visual fidelity. Like I said, you just gotta lower the right ones. Be sure to turn down and off every single advanced graphic setting, especially extended distance scaling. These settings are nothing special visually and should always be turned down even with the best hardware in the world. Put distance scaling(not extended) at around 40% as well.

If you'd like to know the best custom graphic settings, let me know. I've mastered them for the game looking like ultra yet performing at the highest fps possible.

Thanks for the help! Yes, could you please show me the best custom graphic settings?

14 minutes ago, OscarQP said:

Thanks for the help! Yes, could you please show me the best custom graphic settings?

Welcome. Sure, it be my pleasure...

gta5g2.png.e84e1fa485271c648c01b85c3d3cb032.png

gta5g3.png.cedea829a6deb7230a62349e7d677559.png

gta5g4.png.077d844b9d062542e8170e05342b2177.png

gta5g1.png.9685e4c1da709af1a5d65becdf909fdb.png

Distance scaling you can put at 40%-60%(whichever works for you). The difference in fps is not tiny and the lower you go the higher fps you will get. But don't go too low as you might experience pop-ins. Like poles coming out of nowhere while driving.

Remember that these settings are mastered. Changing certain ones can dramatically decrease/increase performance/visual fidelity. If you have any questions about ANY of them, I can tell you anything you want to know. I've done extensive research on GTA 5 graphic settings and just about everything to do with them. The changes that occur, what each setting does, what it looks like, how it affects fps, etc, etc.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Distance scaling you can put at 40%-60%(whichever works for you). The difference in fps is not tiny and the lower you go the higher fps you will get. But don't go too low as you might experience pop-ins. Like poles coming out of nowhere while driving.

Alright, thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, Polemical said:

Remember that these settings are mastered. Changing certain ones can dramatically decrease/increase performance/visual fidelity. If you have any questions about ANY of them, I can tell you anything you want to know. I've done extensive research on GTA 5 graphic settings and just about everything to do with them. The changes that occur, what each setting does, what it looks like, how it affects fps, etc, etc.

I was searching for ages for good settings had like 45fps, with my GTX1080ti gaming x 11gb, i7 8700k, 32gb DDR4 and 2560x1440 WQHD monitor, i tried ur settings and iam at 170 fps right now my hero bro !!!