PC Building Tips For NOOBZ!

tkhakr

have fun, take your time and admire that glorious moment of the pc turning on for the first time

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

have fun, take your time and admire that glorious moment of the pc turning on for the first time

Just leave the side panel off otherwise your just asking for trouble.

Extensively look up how to build a PC and watch lots of videos beforehand. After you know where everything goes don't be afraid to use force if you are sure a component goes in the slot you are inserting x part into. Some times it might feel like something does not fit when it actually does and you are just scared of breaking things. 

Also read the mobo manual. Nobody will think less of you but read it so you know where the audio+Front panel stuff goes.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Make sure you hold onto these tips. ;)

You could at least be subtle, thats downright crude...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I have recently posted in a few threads replied to a few PMs that deal with noob tips. I try to be as precise and specific as I can when I give them.

Here is one of the threads Steps to do before building a PC.

This is one that I currently liked as its kinda something you only learn from experience.

Make sure you plug in the CPU power connector. Also make sure your power supply is on

does it matter which fan header you plug the CPU cooler into? I thought you could do anyone and they just labeled the closest one for convenience. 

does it matter which fan header you plug the CPU cooler into? I thought you could do anyone and they just labeled the closest one for convenience.

Well usually you only have one. if a first timer is building with a MB that has two id be rather surprised as its a waste as its a over kill of a board likely.

That's right, people care too much about Little details, but usually forget Reading the manual or following the color code for pluging things.

I am color blind

I am color blind

then you should know how to work around that I assume.