PC Building Tips For NOOBZ!

tkhakr

I think the title explains it all.

Using Tapatalk

Wear a condom on your hands, makes things much easier...

Edit: I am taking the piss BTW please dont.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Keep touching the case to discharge static. 

Bring tweezers and/or a screw driver (it can be magnetic, doesn't matter) for screwing things in and if you drop a screw. 

Remember to find out how you will have to route the 4 or 8-pin motherboards supplemental power connector because depending on your PSU and case, that can be a serious pain getting it to connect. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If you don't have any 80%+ alch lying around, use whiskey or cola to remove or clean your heat sink or processor 

Yeezus was the best album of all time

If you don't have any 80%+ alch lying around, use whiskey or cola to remove or clean your heat sink or processor 

It's supposed to be 80%? 

Uh-oh... I have been using 70%

Thermal Paste goes on the cpu, not the socket 

It's supposed to be 80%? 

Uh-oh... I have been using 70%

Purity doesn't matter as people say, just make sure its rubbing alcohol 

Yeezus was the best album of all time

Wear a condom on your hands, makes things much easier...

Edit: I am taking the piss BTW please dont.

Is that one condom that you squeeze both hands into or separate condoms for each hand?

Op, the best advice I can give is not too rush! set aside more than enough time to build the computer and test it. this makes the building process less stress full and gives time for any issue that might arise.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

test your components before putting them in the case, make sure you push in the ram all the way, and don't put your CPU cooler on without thermal paste.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

Is that one condom that you squeeze both hands into or separate condoms for each hand?

Op, the best advice I can give is not too rush! set aside more than enough time to build the computer and test it. this makes the building process less stress full and gives time for any issue that might arise.

1 for your hands feet and head :)

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

if it doesn't fit don't force it 

Sometimes that the only way to do things.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

if it fits, it sits

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Visualize beforehand. Visualize where the piece will go, where the cables will pass, in what order you'll assemble, ...  before actually doing stuff.

Take breaks and inspect the work you've done so far.

Spoiler

don't mix express and regular supplementary power cables, use caution and plug in the correct power cables to avoid frying your system, don't try to boot  the pc without a cpu cooler.

basicly plug the right thing into the other thing it's supposed to go in and don't screw up.

Thanks too everyone who commented. I posted this to help anyone who was browsing the forums who were either confused or needed some tips.

Using Tapatalk

Make sure you plug in the CPU power connector. Also make sure your power supply is on

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Don't force anything into the spot where it is supposed to go. And if it doesn't fit after a dozen or so tries, it may not actually go in that spot.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Dont get drunk and install a CPU

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If in doubt,read the manuals again and again or post your questions here. Then we'll help you or link you to the reliable guide on the internet.