Steps to do before building a PC.

DIV1D3

Thongs? :P They're plastic.

Ah yes, Step one is to get naked but that will do.

So, hold the case for a few seconds?

every few minutes.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

should be fine 

Awesome.

Ah yes, Step one is to get naked but that will do.

every few minutes.

I'll probably do it whenever I can. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

You don't need to. I was just pointing out that it was possible :P

K, well than I don't think I'll confuzle myself over something that isn't needed.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

K, well than I don't think I'll confuzle myself over something that isn't needed.

Ah sorry for not making it clear :P however it is good to update BIOS.

have a cup of tea before you start

hellooooooooo

Ah sorry for not making it clear :P however it is good to update BIOS.

Than I'll do that once everything is in place, though @Valhallatier thinks otherwise. 

have a cup of tea before you start

I don't drink tea, soz. What about hot chocolate?

get naked

helps prevent static. 

I was afraid for my first build and did it with nothing but boxers, a coat hanger in the ground outlet of the wall, and some speaker wire taped around my leg and the hanger. 

massive overkill... xD i made my pc on carpet with full clothes and a ceiling fan running (can create static) you arm usually brushes against the side of the case when you are building anyways :). You will never make enough static unless, you are petting your cat furiously while running on a shag rug with fuzzy socks xD

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Just made a build yesterday. To easy!

Specs?

I don't drink tea, soz. What about hot chocolate?

hot chocolate is fine, having marshmallows will increase your 99 concentration level to 105

hellooooooooo

hot chocolate is fine, having marshmallows will increase your 99 concentration level to 105

Good, was going to use marshmallow anyways, always do. Will there be a difference if I use white or pink ones? I normally use 2 white ones but if the pink ones give me more concentration than I'll use pink. 

Plan, plan, plan, and plan :D

But how!?!?!?!?! That's why I'm here :).

Honestly, just take your time and have fun. Don't get too worked up if you run into problems. Google is your best friend.

Ahhh, I remember my first time...

But how!?!?!?!?! That's why I'm here :).

First figure out what you what your PC to handle and the budget you have. I suggest setting a price point where you can go up a bit like say youd like to sped $1500 but say $1600 or $1650 could be done if there was a good enough reason. The next thing would probably be what form factor you want. After that probably whether you want to run a AMD or Intel CPU and a Nvidia or AMD GPU.

Focus on your work and just go with it. Static electricity isn't as big of a factor as it is made to be. Just don't wear plastic clothing xD

Most importantly: take your time! It took me 6 hours to build mine (looking at it now, i could probably do it in 2)

who cares...

so yea didnt realize you had the parts already. best advise take you time and watch out for the pins in the socket if you have a intel cpu. Also take your time and do the best cable management you can youll thank youself later if yo uever have to take parts out for RMA or swap new upgraded parts in.

Buy an antistatic wriststrap. Then you pretty much cannot do anything wrong.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

So I can pet my cat while rubbing my socked feet on the carpet? :P

So I can pet my cat while rubbing my socked feet on the carpet? :P

But... but... Antistatic wriststraps.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Honestly, just take your time and have fun. Don't get too worked up if you run into problems. Google is your best friend.

Ahhh, I remember my first time...

I'm not sure I will have fun, also I don't know how it takes so long. 

First figure out what you what your PC to handle and the budget you have. I suggest setting a price point where you can go up a bit like say youd like to sped $1500 but say $1600 or $1650 could be done if there was a good enough reason. The next thing would probably be what form factor you want. After that probably whether you want to run a AMD or Intel CPU and a Nvidia or AMD GPU.

so yea didnt realize you had the parts already. best advise take you time and watch out for the pins in the socket if you have a intel cpu. Also take your time and do the best cable management you can youll thank youself later if yo uever have to take parts out for RMA or swap new upgraded parts in.

First of all, lolz. Thanks for the tip about cable management, forgot about that. 

I'm going to be building it tomorrow and I don't have a store that sells them. I think I'll just stand on a piece of plywood and touch the case whenever I can. 

Focus on your work and just go with it. Static electricity isn't as big of a factor as it is made to be. Just don't wear plastic clothing xD

Most importantly: take your time! It took me 6 hours to build mine (looking at it now, i could probably do it in 2)

6hrs, wow, even 2 is long for a computer. Do you mean setting everything up on it, like everything? Or just building it cause that's a long time. What about thongs lol, will they do?

But... but... Antistatic wriststraps.

just realized your avatar was a cat :P

I'm not sure I will have fun, also I don't know how it takes so long. 

First of all, lolz. Thanks for the tip about cable management, forgot about that. 

I'm going to be building it tomorrow and I don't have a store that sells them. I think I'll just stand on a piece of plywood and touch the case whenever I can. 

6hrs, wow, even 2 is long for a computer. Do you mean setting everything up on it, like everything? Or just building it cause that's a long time. What about thongs lol, will they do?

youll have fun and take a break as the worst think you can do it rush it because yo uwant it together NAO

Yea but like a couple hundred small tye wraps and like 100 medium ones and you should be good. Dont feel bad putting on it just to hold the cable there while your getting another routed at their dirt cheap. One other thing that people dont do is use a freaking wire cutter to cut the tye wraps, do you know how many people ive seen hurt themselves trying to use scissors? I suggest your standard diagonal cutter of a smaller size if possible as those tend to pinch it instead of cut it leaving a duller edge that you far less likely to cut your self on.

My advise it to just not build on carpet if you can avoid it and try you use something raised above the ground. it also good you you have something grounded thats metal. A ghetto way to do this would be a old PSU that plugged in but not turned on. If you have another PC around that has a metal case or metal case part thats touchable thatll work too.

I have take that long one of mine still inst done. Its actually the anthrax build log in my sig but that because its like solving a 3D puzzle with ll the things im trying to cram in there. There are small mods that have to be done here and there but mostly thing have to go in in a certain precise order in this case or they wont go in cleanly at all. I really doubt that your going to run into that but that really tests your patience. The good thing is the case I originally really anted is finally available in the US so I broke down and bought it so thats finally ended this puzzle which was getting to the point where I didnt want to do it anymore.

I suggest you get a windows install flash drive made up before hand and some stuff like memtest86 and other diagnostic tools at the ready as well as some stress testing and monitoring tools. From my experiences your far better off checking lal this right away and making sure your not going to have issues down the road than not checking and hoping everything is alright. You also may want to get all your drivers and possibly even program installers a head of time as it really save time.

First thing I would do after getting it built (if/when it boots) is update the BIOS, pop in the basic settings like memory XMP profile, then run memtest86 and check your ram. After that install windows, restart once, install your drivers. Once theyre all on and configured run windows update until all of the updates are done. After that I would run stability tests for considerable time to make sure everything is good, and yes this is all before OCing if your going to do that.

Good, was going to use marshmallow anyways, always do. Will there be a difference if I use white or pink ones? I normally use 2 white ones but if the pink ones give me more concentration than I'll use pink.

Whatever suits your preffered playstyle :P

hellooooooooo

Everything.

1 hr lunch was also included. I ran into a couple of issues like, i had to mount my Dark Rock 2 two times because of RAM incompatability and taking the fan off of a DR 2 can be very cumbersome and take up a decent amount of time and cost you some flesh on those sharp edges.

And it took me 30 minuts to figure out that i was using the wrong screws for my DVD drive. I also did some extra testing before putting the motherboard in the case.

*the memories* :D

It took me a while and i made some mistakes and i was extra cautious but in the end the result was perfection. Everything worked at first try, nothing was mispalced.

Edit: Thongs are okay. :D

Just wear regular cotton clothing, nothing plastic-y. The risk of static electricity is small. Just touch the case before your do another step. (usually when you walk away from your build and return) It's really not that big of a factor.

who cares...