Html to exe file

Zuccers

Hello, Smart People, um yeah, I kinda want to convert or at least store my html file in an exe file, basically like programs i.g. run.exe runs file.html, is it even possible? 

Exactly as @Dat Guy said, you want to look into Electron it includes the chromium browser and works with Node.Js. It basically allows you to create webapps that run on the computer as exe file. If I remember correctly Discord for example is using Electron. 

You can work with it basically the same way you would work with any Node.Js application but be aware of the Performance impact, specially on small projects since you'll always have to include chromium etc.

1 minute ago, De-Wohli said:

be aware of the Performance impact

Be aware of the security impact.

https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/resources/blogs/spiderlabs-blog/cve-2018-1000136-electron-nodeintegration-bypass/

Electron - being based on the Chromium engine - requires regular updates of your codebase. Chances are that you won't distribute them because "it works".

Write in C.

13 hours ago, Zuccers said:

Hello, Smart People, um yeah, I kinda want to convert or at least store my html file in an exe file, basically like programs i.g. run.exe runs file.html, is it even possible? 

Depends on the html file. I think there are free programs that can take table from html and convert it into excel table. 
If there isnt  <table> on html it wont work probably.

You can write script in python that will convert something more complex into excel. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Dat Guy said:

Be aware of the security impact.

https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/resources/blogs/spiderlabs-blog/cve-2018-1000136-electron-nodeintegration-bypass/

Electron - being based on the Chromium engine - requires regular updates of your codebase. Chances are that you won't distribute them because "it works".

Every one needs to update their code base as things change, that's the way of the world.

Vulnerabilities are also required to be fixed as they are found. It's can be annoying to update to a new major at work when there is some vulnerability found in an npm package.

Gotta be done though.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´