Good place to learn arduino?

So I’m already a decent java programmer, so I decided to buy the elegoo arduino super starter kit, and while I was looking at everything, I realized I had no idea how to use the breadboard, what resistors I need, what even needs a resistor. I have a basic knowledge of resistors, leds, and simple parallel and series circuits. My question is, is there any place out there on the internet that can help me learn

1) How to wire all these components together

and

2) how to use the arduino language

If there’s an online tutorial for all this, or maybe a book somewhere; I’d greatly appreciate it!

thank you ??.

TL;DR

Where can I learn to create arduino circuits, and program an arduino other things that use the arduino?

edit: I will respond to messages in the morning.

There are tutorials and examples you can download from elegoo themselves

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

There are tutorials and examples you can download from elegoo themselves

What’s about the actual electronic parts? Their tutorials are for programming I believe.

1 hour ago, DirtyKeyboard said:

2) how to use the arduino language

Arduino isn't a language, they use C++. They just have added a few of their own functions on top of it. Any book/video that teaches C++ - basics is more-or-less applicable, except that instead of printing text to the console, you print text to the serial-port.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Arduino isn't a language, they use C++. They just have added a few of their own functions on top of it. Any book/video that teaches C++ - basics is more-or-less applicable, except that instead of printing text to the console, you print text to the serial-port.

What about circuits and wiring actual components?

2 minutes ago, DirtyKeyboard said:

If you just use pre-made sensor-modules, you can find instructions how to wire and use them simply by googling them up. Let's say, you want to use a DHT22 temperature-and-humidity - sensor, you'd google "arduino dht22" and POOF -- quite literally a billion examples.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

If you just use pre-made sensor-modules, you can find instructions how to wire and use them simply by googling them up. Let's say, you want to use a DHT22 temperature-and-humidity - sensor, you'd google "arduino dht22" and POOF -- quite literally a billion examples.

I want to understand how though, not just a simply copy and paste 

15 minutes ago, DirtyKeyboard said:

I'd also like to recommend Youtube-channels like e.g. Electronoobs as they make plenty of beginner-friendly videos. Also, they list a lot of various kinds of fun sensors and stuff to play and learn with.

1 minute ago, DirtyKeyboard said:

I want to understand how though, not just a simply copy and paste 

My suggestion is, learn how to use Arduino first. You'll learn quite a lot just from playing around with it, including some grasp of C/C++ which will come in useful in the future. You can go and buy a book to learn actual electronics with later on.

25 minutes ago, DirtyKeyboard said:

What’s about the actual electronic parts? Their tutorials are for programming I believe.

They also show you how to make the circuits you're programming.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I started my own path to learning electronics by buying a few ESP8266-based boards on Deal Extreme, learned how to use the Arduino IDE to program them, how GPIO-pins, SPI-/I2C-/etc. buses work and bought a whole bunch of sensors to fiddle and play with. I also learned myself how to drive the ESP8266's peripherals via directly messing with the registers themselves, skipping the easy-to-use Arduino-functions. Then, once I had a reasonably good grasp on those, I started digging more closely into the actual circuitry and components like resistors, diodes, transistors and mosfets, by reverse-engineering those sensors I had bought -- really good exercise, IMHO!