I would like to control 2 pc’s with one mouse and keyboard

Ripper7620

I recently inherited a pc from my best friend, who has passed away suddenly. I have her pc, which I had built for her, now setup with a clean install of windows 10 Pro, and in my name. I have two tethered keyboards, but was just wondering, if I bought a wireless keyboard, could I use it for both pc’s, if I use 2 unifying receivers, one in each? I have a wireless MX Master 2S, and if I also purchased an extra unifying receiver, would this mouse work for both pc’s. The mouse, underneath, already has options for up to 3 pc’s. Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

I don't think this would work with a normal wireless keyboard and two receivers, although there are Bluetooth keyboards that allow you to switch the source.

I would recommend looking at synergy: https://symless.com/synergy

(They used to be an LTT sponsor so you might be able to find a discount still)

Just now, Ripper7620 said:

I recently inherited a pc from my best friend, who has passed away suddenly. I have her pc, which I had built for her, now setup with a clean install of windows 10 Pro, and in my name. I have two tethered keyboards, but was just wondering, if I bought a wireless keyboard, could I use it for both pc’s, if I use 2 unifying receivers, one in each? I have a wireless MX Master 2S, and if I also purchased an extra unifying receiver, would this mouse work for both pc’s. The mouse, underneath, already has options for up to 3 pc’s. Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Sorry to hear about your friend, there's a program called Synergy which lets you connect multiple PC's with one keyboard and mouse, but it has a price now, you might be able to find other similar programs that do the same thing, and it's unclear about the Unifying Receiver thing, it says you can use the Unifying Receiver or Bluetooth to connect to multiple PC's, but It doesn't say if you can use 2 Unifying Receivers, so I assume yes it's possible?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options/page/flow-multi-device-control

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Thank you very much for your replies, I appreciate it. I’ve just activated Remote Desktop in Windows, would this be an acceptable solution for controlling both computers from my primary pc?

KVM switch.

Image result for usb kvm switch

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

KVM switch.

Image result for usb kvm switch

Thank you very much, I should have known that there were such devices, that looks like it may in fact be my best option.

Sad to hear about your friend :( 

Also check out Logitech mouses keyboards. Apparently their Bluetooth desktop switching works quite well. 

That's an F in the profile pic

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Sad to hear about your friend :( 

Also check out Logitech mouses keyboards. Apparently their Bluetooth desktop switching works quite well. 

Thank you very much for your reply, I was just looking at some wireless Logitech options, I really like there line of products. Keyboards can get grungy to the point of no return, and my main one is there, it’s gross. I’m gonna get a new wireless keyboard to use for both pc’s, and I have separate monitors for both. I’m probably going to end up using both as stand-alone pc’s, and transfer data by a usb mass storage unit I have.