How to compress JPG/PNG extremely?

Go to solution Solved by Hip,
5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You can't compress PNG-files in the same way as JPGs, since PNG-files are lossless -- there is a certain limit and no way of going below that. As for JPGs, just turn JPG-quality all the way down -- it'll look absolutely fucking terrible, but the filesize will be small.

Somehow I can't got below 39,6 KB with JPG either. Even with low quality. I need to half that though.

Oh I found this website: https://compressimage.toolur.com/

This can do that! Thanks for your help guys!!

Hey guys,

as you can already take from the title I would like to compress JPG and PNG pictures extremely into sizes below 0.02 MB.

I wonder how to do so from sizes like 1 MB. 

All those "compress jpg" websites can't do that effectively.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Hip said:

as you can already take from the title I would like to compress JPG and PNG pictures extremely into sizes below 0.02 MB.

I wonder how to do so from sizes like 1 MB. 

All those "compress jpg" websites can't do that effectively.

You can't compress PNG-files in the same way as JPGs, since PNG-files are lossless -- there is a certain limit and no way of going below that. As for JPGs, just turn JPG-quality all the way down -- it'll look absolutely fucking terrible, but the filesize will be small.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Somehow I can't got below 39,6 KB with JPG either. Even with low quality. I need to half that though.

Oh I found this website: https://compressimage.toolur.com/

This can do that! Thanks for your help guys!!

I can second Irfanview.

Hit save and adjust the jpeg quality slider.

Also you can further reduce final size sometimes by reducing number of colors.

For example, a 50% quality JPG may use more disk space and visually look worse compared to a 256 color PNG (if right dithering is used)

For PNG images you can use PNGout to "optimize" them, reducing size by 10-20% ... it's lossless, just optimizing the compression used inside file (like zip fast preset vs zip slow preset)