Best software for optimize windows 10

Ahmet Alhurmuzy
Go to solution Solved by DeaconFrost,

I'm a proponent of CCleaner, but it isn't something I run on any regular schedule.  I keep the portable version typically as a troubleshooting method.  I've had situations where software and drivers (namely AMD) didn't uninstall properly and wouldn't allow an upgraded version to be installed.  CCleaner took care of that for me.  I also run it after removing any decent sized piece of software, such as Office, VMWare Workstation, etc before installing the later/newer version.

As for optimization, those apps aren't needed.  Windows 10 is built to tune itself based on your usage.  Keep your drivers and OS updated, and you should be fine.

Hello everyone ??

I'm wondering what is the best software to optimize my system , like clean junk file's and Registry cleaner ...etc.

I have Advanced system care and i use it to clean my system , but I'm looking for the best one.

Thanks To All.

???

Ccleaner free. (with all the "maintenances" and always-on bullshit OFF)

But it's really just placebo.

Heck, I'd argue they aren't even needed these days(or ever were needed), especially if you have an SSD. It literally doesn't matter if you have some extra registry files, they aren't being used in the first place and you'll gain at most a couple bytes.

Just use Windows' built-in Disk Clean-up. It might be slow, but it won't delete important files.

These cleaning utilities often cause more problem than they solve, like breaking key windows features (windows update) or preventing an update to be installed because they've removed "useless files" that were actually needed. (This is especially the case with Windows 10 and feature updates failing to install)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just use Disk Cleanup which is included in Windows itself.

Other cleaning tools such as CCleaner do nothing extra.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

All software along those lines are virtually useless.

The best way to have your system, specifically storage drives, configured is to allow for "regular" re-installation of your OS.

For example, in my case the only things stored on my main drive (Samsung 970 EVO) are the OS, software, and games whereas personal files such as documents, videos, pictures, college work, etc. are stored on different drives or using cloud services.

This allows me to re-install my operating system virtually at will without needing to worry about spending hours backing things up.

You may not want to do this too often if you have potato internet obviously.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K [Delidded | Frequency: 5.1GHz | vCore: 1.45v - Fuck Intel | Cache: 4800MHz | VCCIO: 1.175 | SA: 1.20]

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR 11G OC [Core: 2113MHz | Memory: + 1000MHz | Voltage: 1.181v | XOC BIOS]

RAM: TEAM GROUP DARK PRO EDITION [Capacity: 16GB - 8GB x 2 | Frequency: 3866MHz | Timings: 16-16-16-36]

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra 1000W

Case: Fractal S2 Meshify

CPU Block: EK Velocity | GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX Ti TF6 Radiators: x2 HWLabs SR2 360MM  Pump / Res: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Fans: x6 Noctua NF-F12

Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz [Refresh Rate: 165Hz | Resolution: 2560 x 1440]

Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QE [Refresh Rate: 144Hz | Resolution: 1920 x 1080]

UPS: APC Smart-UPS RT 2000VA [Online | Double-Conversion]

Benchmarks: 3DMark TimeSpy - First [1 out of 8571]

31 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Other cleaning tools such as CCleaner do nothing extra.

Sometimes, have seen it few times, Windows didn't auto delete temporary files and was hoarding them up to 25 GB of main disk storage. CCleaner deleted them immediately. Few extreme cases that happened more often than I'd like to admit.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Sometimes, have seen it few times, Windows didn't auto delete temporary files and was hoarding them up to 25 GB of main disk storage. CCleaner deleted them immediately. Few extreme cases that happened more often than I'd like to admit.

Nothing extra on top of what Windows Disk Cleanup can do.

I am not saying Windows does this stuff on its own, but if you run that program it should also give you the ability to delete those temp files.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Nothing extra on top of what Windows Disk Cleanup can do.

I am not saying Windows does this stuff on its own, but if you run that program it should also give you the ability to delete those temp files.

That is true. This however was on HDDs back in the day and um, that takes beyond forever to scan. We're talking hours vs not hours. Just more um, convenient I suppose. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

there is really nothing to gain from using such software. 

having an SSD and keeping drivers up to date is all you need. 

and you can use window`s included cleaning utilities. 

Storage is so cheap these days that you can get a 500GB SSD for an OS and not have to worry about extra stuff.  I had to upgrade to Windows 10 back in January because of Adobe LR not being supported on Win 8.1 any longer.  I was pleasantly surprised by how little disk space Win 10 uses.  Even with all my program files installed, I am only at about 50 GB used (Windows is about 26 GB and Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop consume most of the rest).  As others have said, just let Windows take care of things and have all your data on a separate drive(s).  I also have a separate drive for system image and data back ups.  System image is done weekly so if there is ever an issue with the main OS drive, I can reimage easily enough.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

I'm a proponent of CCleaner, but it isn't something I run on any regular schedule.  I keep the portable version typically as a troubleshooting method.  I've had situations where software and drivers (namely AMD) didn't uninstall properly and wouldn't allow an upgraded version to be installed.  CCleaner took care of that for me.  I also run it after removing any decent sized piece of software, such as Office, VMWare Workstation, etc before installing the later/newer version.

As for optimization, those apps aren't needed.  Windows 10 is built to tune itself based on your usage.  Keep your drivers and OS updated, and you should be fine.