Top gaming keyboard?

charbel1011

I am looking to buy a gaming keyboard and money is not a problem. Recommendation please?

Depends on what kind of keyboard you like, micro, full, with macro keys or not, if RGB is a thing and so on...

there simply isn't an all around 'best' keyboard, just different tastes.

I personally use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with MX Browns and really appreciate it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Depends on what kind of keyboard you like, micro, full, with macro keys or not, if RGB is a thing and so on...

there simply isn't an all around 'best' keyboard, just different tastes.

I personally use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with MX Browns and really appreciate it.

I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7YM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and im guessing same thing as yours? Worst purchase ever. the rgb keeps freezing and gives me 1 solid color. and the whole keyboard is freezing as well. I have to keep switching the bios button and sometimes that doesnt work either. i have to unplug and plug the usb cables. I tried a  lot of troubleshooting steps including reinstalling windows. I tried plugging in 3.1 usb didn't work either.

7 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7YM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and im guessing same thing as yours? Worst purchase ever. the rgb keeps freezing and gives me 1 solid color. and the whole keyboard is freezing as well. I have to keep switching the bios button and sometimes that doesnt work either. i have to unplug and plug the usb cables. I tried a  lot of troubleshooting steps including reinstalling windows. I tried plugging in 3.1 usb didn't work either.

I personally would recommend the razer Blackwidow v2, solid keyboard 

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

Basically anything from Logitech  I have had my G710 for over 5 years now and it looks the same as the day I got it minus a little dust. 

Also I believe @LinusTech still uses the same G710 that he has been using for years as well . Logitech makes long lasting durable products. I have had 3 keyboards in the past 13 years all were Logitech. My first was the G15, 510, 710.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards/g610-orion-keyboard.html

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards.html

its all preference. Hell, some people enjoy membrane keyboards for gaming.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

Gaming keyboards arent that good, they usually have bad build quality. Get something like a ducky. But if youre dead set on getting a gaming keyboard then get something from cooler master

4 hours ago, looking for a keyboard said:

Gaming keyboards arent that good, they usually have bad build quality. Get something like a ducky. But if youre dead set on getting a gaming keyboard then get something from cooler master

Was about to say that. First of all, ignore Corsair, Razer and Logitech suggestions. Then if you have to go gaming, look at CM. There is a good reason why CM is the only gaming manufacturer deemed worth looking at by the enthusiast community. If you really really really have to go all out on gaming, go something like CM MK 750. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I had 1 Roccat, 2 Razers and 4 different Ducky mechanical keyboards. I'd take either of the ducky keyboards over all others any time of the day.

I can not recommend Ducky enough. They have all Chery MX switches there are and you can get full size with Speed Silvers, which are currently my favourite switches, for around 100€ and TKL Versions with awesome RGB for about 120€. If you REALLY need the best RGB I recommend the Shine series from them, best RGB ever! But they are quite expensive at about 200€.

Also do not bother with Razer, the Green switches are ok, like the Chery Blues, but the rest is not good at all. My GF bought a Black Widow Chroma and the whole middle part of the RGB lighting broke after half a year.

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC