Risers? Risers! oh dear Risers...

I just ordered 4 of them from Hashratestore.com

Should arrive next week hopefully, and i can give it a try on BF4 (only game i have on the mining rig) 

Ok, bring us the benchmarks

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Ok, bring us the benchmarks

If you want to see how PCIe lanes affect gaming performance you should watch this video(PCIe gen 2 in the video, newer cards and motherboards have gen 3 that has 2x the bandwidth of gen 2):

dx.com is trustworthy, yes.

shipping can just take a while.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I just ordered 4 of them from Hashratestore.com

Should arrive next week hopefully, and i can give it a try on BF4 (only game i have on the mining rig) 

You should always buy powered ones. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

okay but when should i actually "power" them? when i have 3+ GPU´s ? i dont want to give them too much power unless i need to.

The dangers of not using powered risers, is a risk of burning out your motherboard. http://blog.brocktice.com/2011/05/10/too-much-power/

Most normal motherboards are not designed to have multiple PCI slots pulling excessive amounts of power through them all at once, or over long periods of time.

The powered risers work by cutting the power wire from the cable itself, making it impossible for the card to draw power directly from the pci slot. A 4 pin molex adapter is then added above the cut wire to provide the extra power to the GPU.

Some motherboards do have an additional molex, or 6 pin to be plugged directly in beside the pci slots which gets distributes the pci power draw. This removes the need for powered risers, but it's still recommended.

I think you should be safe running 3 GPU's with normal risers, but any others you add must be powered or you risk burning out your hardware and possible fires.

If you ordered a bunch of non powered risers, you can easily modify them yourself to add in the molex adapter, guides can be found online. Requires some soldering know-how.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

The dangers of not using powered risers, is a risk of burning out your motherboard. http://blog.brocktice.com/2011/05/10/too-much-power/

Most normal motherboards are not designed to have multiple PCI slots pulling excessive amounts of power through them all at once, or over long periods of time.

The powered risers work by cutting the power wire from the cable itself, making it impossible for the card to draw power directly from the pci slot. A 4 pin molex adapter is then added above the cut wire to provide the extra power to the GPU.

Some motherboards do have an additional molex, or 6 pin to be plugged directly in beside the pci slots which gets distributes the pci power draw. This removes the need for powered risers, but it's still recommended.

I think you should be safe running 3 GPU's with normal risers, but any others you add must be powered or you risk burning out your hardware and possible fires.

If you ordered a bunch of non powered risers, you can easily modify them yourself to add in the molex adapter, guides can be found online. Requires some soldering know-how.

Yeah mine have an extra 6 slot. but i guess i should use the Molex anyway.

Oh and Thanks for the info!

Powered riser molex adapters actual use 2 pins. I have heard from experienced builders that powered risers can actually cause fires and they avoid them even with 5 290Xs. The ASRock H81 Pro motherboard is designed to handle 6 cards without powered risers.

well i have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC not sure how much it can handle but i know for sure it have 4 PCI-E lanes and that Extra 6 pin. 

Risers WILL affect performance of everything except Folding/Mining - they simply "download" the work and chug away. Things like games and such required bandwidth, so a riser will screw this up - esp a 16x to 1x one. I have had three of them in one system, for a total of 5 GPU's with no issue folding.

I do NOT buy powered risers. Why? Almost all of them have no circuitry control in them, so quite easy to burn things out and such. I don't trust them. I have have not issues with non power risers running 6970's, 7770's, 7790's, ext, and 460's, 560, 580... Nothing super new though.

They main thing Ruecan talks about is electrical wiring. Some boards disable some slots when specific ones are used. Read your manual carefully. Plugging in slot 4 on one of my boards disabled all other x1 slots, which took me a while to trouble shoot.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I do NOT buy powered risers. Why? Almost all of them have no circuitry control in them, so quite easy to burn things out and such. I don't trust them. I have have not issues with non power risers running 6970's, 7770's, 7790's, ext, and 460's, 560, 580... Nothing super new though.

They main thing Ruecan talks about is electrical wiring. Some boards disable some slots when specific ones are used. Read your manual carefully. Plugging in slot 4 on one of my boards disabled all other x1 slots, which took me a while to trouble shoot.

Well dammit... So it's a risk no matter what, but I can still use the powered risers without actually power them right? Also where did you get your risers? And How long are they?

Using them without powering the powered ones - I would "assume" so.

I got mine from 9mart.com - I got a bunch of 1x -> 16x that all worked perfect for me.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Well dammit... So it's a risk no matter what, but I can still use the powered risers without actually power them right? Also where did you get your risers? And How long are they?

I have seen more issues with unpowered than powered. And some of the good ones have control Caps. on them to help. Be careful to buy from a  good brand, and I hope NCIX gets some good ones. 

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

I have seen more issues with unpowered than powered. And some of the good ones have control Caps. on them to help. Be careful to buy from a good brand, and I hope NCIX gets some good ones.

well as I said last week I already ordered some from that hash rate whatever, but I don't think that they are bad,.... And that price, I'm expecting them to do a good job. I'll update ones I got them.