LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

It still bugs me we are now lttc with a handle of uoltt. I don't want to impose but was there no way to make uoltt work?

Sadly, there isn't.

The way it works is; when creating your org, you pick a tag for your org. This tag is permanent. The org name can be changed, and everything else, but your tag is permanent (at least currently, maybe they'll add the ability to change it in the future).

Though, we could technically make a new org, with just an LTT tag, and then ask everyone kindly to leave the existing one, and then join the new one, though I don't really see that working out.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

@Draden_ So I have coloured in my space bear, used crayons and everything and only the purple one went up my nose. this took a little more fiddling with Gimp to achieve haha.

hwjHDPl.png

What program are you using? also can u send me a link? Thanks in advance

Using that as a signature should be a requirement :D

Join the Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate in Star Citizen 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Enlist NOW to join the fleet!!!

Here's what I think,

Once the alpha comes out things will grow organically, as people get to explore the game and figure out their preferred roles in game we will know how to better organize the different branches in the org.

the way i see it there's mainly two types of players, the lone wolf and the group player.

the lone wolf will mostly do what they want when they want, these players mainly contribute to the org by paying taxes and grabbing org sanctioned missions (depending on in game implementation of such a feature or just old school forum posts).

while these guys belong to the org and depending on contribution will benefit from org perks they are mostly left to their own devices.

the group player is where the fun starts, as people explore the game the will gravitate towards certain aspects of the game which gives them enjoyment. as peoples preferences becomes more pronounced we will have a much clearer picture as how to organize them.

we should start at the top. as i see it this org is split into two branches, the military side and the business side. while I agree everyone in this org should be expected to aid in military ops in any capacity they are able when need be, most players will gravitate by nature towards the business side of things. the business arm of the org will also be divided according to player interest. mining, trading and so on. 

I see it as pointless to dive deep in the subgroups when so much of the game mechanics is still unknown. but I agree there should be structure and a hierarchy put in place if we plan to get any place in this game.

also I see players will gravitate towards each other and forming their own groups left to their own. we have a very large player base and and a very wide timezone coverage that you will see different groups forming on their own with people liking to play with certain people and such. so our squads will naturally evolve on their own.

while military is important, i see focusing on the business side of things being more important. especially in the early stages of the game. military will be most likely a band of volunteers protecting the interest of the org as it grows and have the resources for a fleet of its own paid for and maintained with org funds.

sorry for the wall of text but these are some of the ideas that are floating around in my head. 

Page 100?

page 100!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Can I have that freelancer?

:P

I think I'll have to hang onto it and name it "Trent". xD

-This space intentionally left blank-

Oh look, another link.

Remember and PM me if you don't see your ships or your forum name there, but you do see your RSI name! That list is accurate to just now. Just updated too!

Go have a look! :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Oh look, another link.

Remember and PM me if you don't see your ships or your forum name there, but you do see your RSI name! That list is accurate to just now. Just updated too!

You should put ranks on that list as well. 

You should put ranks on that list as well. 

Nah, we're hoping that the ranking system will change some time soon, so it wouldn't make much sense.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh look, another link.

Love the addition of the column with the list of ships :D

333 ships  :o

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I don't know which package to get, what do you guys think?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

how much do you have to spend and what do you think you want to do in game (Mining/Salvage/Military/Exploration)?

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

You could always go for the cheapeast package which gives you both Alpha and Beta access. It costs only 40 bucks and you can easily turn that into like store credit and pay the access for whatever ship you want in the future.

Link to the package I was talking about: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

You could always go for the cheapeast package which gives you both Alpha and Beta access. It costs only 40 bucks and you can easily turn that into like store credit and pay the access for whatever ship you want in the future.

Link to the package I was talking about: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr

Hmm.. actually looking more towards the 300i or the 315p, Also, the alpha version can be played now right, meaning I can fly the ship right?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Hmm.. actually looking more towards the 300i or the 315p, Also, the alpha version can be played now right, meaning I can fly the ship right?

Alpha isn't actually out yet. We're still in the pre-alpha stages. You can check out your ship in the hangar module but you can't fly it yet. We'll all be able to start flying our ships during the DFM(DogFighting Module). Let me clarify that only the single seat fighters like the aurora, 300 series and the hornet will be ready for the first iteration of the DFM. Don't worry about that though since you'll be temporarily given a hornet if you don't own any of the ships mentioned before for the DFM to fly in.

Alpha isn't actually out yet. We're still in the pre-alpha stages. You can check out your ship in the hangar module but you can't fly it yet. We'll all be able to start flying our ships during the DFM(DogFighting Module). Let me clarify that only the single seat fighters like the aurora, 300 series and the hornet will be ready for the first iteration of the DFM. Don't worry about that though since you'll be temporarily given a hornet if you don't own any of the ships mentioned before for the DFM to fly in.

Ohhh... Is the aurora enough or do you recommend the 300 series better?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Ohhh... Is the aurora enough or do you recommend the 300 series better?

Depends on what you're really doing. The Aurora is what you would call the basic ship. It's more of a utility ship than a fighting ship although it does have multiple variants including a dogfighting one. The 300 series 3 variants, 1 the base version, the 300i, which is pretty okay especially since you can customize every ship to suit your needs eventually when the game is released fully. Another one for exploration which is the 315p and the 325a the dogfighting variant. I also have to add that the 300 series will be more maneuverable than the Aurora line of ships. You can read up more info on the wikia or the RSI website if you want more specs.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

There's an option to compare.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora - The Aurora

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/300_series - The 300 series+