Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M: error 43

About a month ago I tried playing the first heavy duty game on my laptop Dell inspiron 15 7559 of about 1.5 years. I usually use my laptop for school work or play non-graphic intensive games. 

When I played Apex with my friends I often only got 10-20fps. I check how my GPU was doing and it was maxing out while in the start up screen. I went to go see if my drivers were correct and found 

image.png.ee43361d89ba6b8a59d850639ad5ac87.png

Researching Code 43, it could be literally anything that Windows doesn't like. 

Installing the drivers does not work and windows prevents from finishing installation.

Reboots/sets (no factory) have had not effect on it

Removing the battery and dusting out the fans did nothing either. 

Updating BIOS and windows did nothing. 

I have not back up to go to, nor do I know when this problems started happening. 

Anyone know what I can try next? I fear that I need to replace my graphic all together. I don't really have the money for that rn and would appreciate any help!

image.png

3 minutes ago, AetherDimensions said:

Installing the drivers does not work

Use DDU

Might be a dead GPU too

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Use DDU..if it fail..reflash the gpu to stock bios (becareful)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Do you know of any way to check for a dead GPU with out gutting my laptop? Or if not, how I can know by looking at the GPU that it is in fact dead?

28 minutes ago, AetherDimensions said:

About a month ago I tried playing the first heavy duty game on my laptop of about 1.5 years. I usually use my laptop for school work or play non-graphic intensive games. 

When I played Apex with my friends I often only got 10-20fps. I check how my GPU was doing and it was maxing out while in the start up screen. I went to go see if my drivers were correct and found 

image.png.ee43361d89ba6b8a59d850639ad5ac87.png

Researching Code 43, it could be literally anything that Windows doesn't like. 

Installing the drivers does not work and windows prevents from finishing installation.

Reboots/sets (no factory) have had not effect on it

Removing the battery and dusting out the fans did nothing either. 

Updating BIOS and windows did nothing. 

I have not back up to go to, nor do I know when this problems started happening. 

Anyone know what I can try next? I fear that I need to replace my graphic all together. I don't really have the money for that rn and would appreciate any help!

image.png

Just had the same exact error happen with myRTX 2080. What cleared mine up was uninstalling the drivers, then shutting down and unplugging your system. Then I removed my GPU then reinstalled. Started my system, then I did a clean install of the drivers. Rebooted and it was fine.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

5 minutes ago, Ravenbear said:

Just had the same exact error happen with myRTX 2080. What cleared mine up was uninstalling the drivers, then shutting down and unplugging your system. Then I removed my GPU then reinstalled. Started my system, then I did a clean install of the drivers. Rebooted and it was fine.

Can't really do a re-installation of a notebook graphics card, the rest definitely worth a shot 

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

3 minutes ago, Dioneyesos said:

Can't really do a re-installation of a notebook graphics card, the rest definitely worth a shot 

I will have to try to clean out any dust near the card and try a reboot. 

Just now, AetherDimensions said:

I have a notebook with a 960M, I've never found any dust near it. Nor can I remove mine, it's soldered on to the motherboard. Might be different in your case

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

This happened to m gtx 970 on my pc.. windows would see its a gtx 970 but was using windows basic display drivers. Installing nvidia drivers on it caused the screen to turn on and off repeatedly and it was full of red artifacting. I fixed it by placing a support on the end of the card cuz i did something kida bad with my pci-e slot. You can try and check if your 960m is an mxm card and try to re-seat it or if not, check the board for any type of damage it would seem to have.

1 minute ago, Dioneyesos said:

I have a notebook with a 960M, I've never found any dust near it. Nor can I remove mine, it's soldered on to the motherboard. Might be different in your case

I have a Dell Insprion 15 7995. It is pretty nice that it has most of it components easily replaceable

3 minutes ago, AetherDimensions said:

I have a Dell Insprion 15 7995. It is pretty nice that it has most of it components easily replaceable

If you can remove your GPU, that's cool. For sure check if it's all connected right and none of the connectors are damaged. 

Eror 43 is a driver thing iirc, thats the one you get when you try to viritualise with NVIDIA non quadros i think. Start with DDU and a clean install of the freshest drivers, if that dosnt do it then DDU, reseat the GPU and install the drivers again

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, AetherDimensions said:

My bad, I did not see the part it was a laptop.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

• 1 month later...

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I have the exact same laptop and am having the exact same issue. This is is definitely not a hardware issue because I'm seeing A LOT of people with the same laptop\issue recently. Are you running Windows 10 1809? Something killed our GPU. I have used DDU to remove both the Intel and Nvidia GPU and reinstalled both using Dell's drivers. GeForce Experience does not fix the issue either. The driver is always flagged in Device Manager with Code 43. 

I'm suspecting Windows update either fried our GPU or broke compatibility. No way we all have the same laptop\issue around the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 5:29 AM, itzCricket334 said:

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I have the exact same laptop and am having the exact same issue. This is is definitely not a hardware issue because I'm seeing A LOT of people with the same laptop\issue recently. Are you running Windows 10 1809? Something killed our GPU. I have used DDU to remove both the Intel and Nvidia GPU and reinstalled both using Dell's drivers. GeForce Experience does not fix the issue either. The driver is always flagged in Device Manager with Code 43. 

I'm suspecting Windows update either fried our GPU or broke compatibility. No way we all have the same laptop\issue around the same time.

I have not resolved it. I am using 1903. I believe that it is an hardware issue. The cause probably was a Windows incompatibility problem. I'm not sure IF the GPU is dead. I am planning on opening up to see if there's any obvious damage. My brother and Dad also have this exact laptop and have not faced this problem ever.