Troubleshooting Forum - How To Use The "mark Solved" Feature

LinusTech
Go to solution Solved by Slick,

This is an example of "Solved"

This thread is meant to demonstrate how the "Mark Solved" feature works in this sub-forum. The original poster may flag any post within the responses as the best answer by clicking "Mark Solved" and it will float to the top for anyone who views the thread in the future.

I'm not really sure how this works. Is there anyone that can help me (hopefully Slick)

Did you try banging it?

Praise Duarte!

Which is also where it says no more than three lines. ;)

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Okay here's how it works.

The original poster as well as moderators and admins will see options on replies to a thread only in this section that will give the option to mark as sovled. In the subforum solved questions will be marked with the solved tags.

As I said, this feature is only applicable currently to this area of the forum. 

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 

I was watching the video and looking at this at the same time! Baws.

Maybe it would be nice to further divide this subforum in subfora, e.g. Windows 7, Windows 8, legacy Windows, GNU/Linux+Android x86, GNU/Linux+Android ARM, CPU, GPU, storage, NIC+routers+switches+WiFi adapters, peripherals, etc... because for instance I can help with GNU/Linux troubleshooting, but don't really want to venture into a lot of other things, so it would be nice to have all linux problems together in an overview to save time that could be used for troubleshooting.

As a sidenote, I also think it would be nice to have a separate subforum where people can go to get started with GNU/Linux, how to try it to see what DE they like, how to install it once they've decided, how to troubeshoot if there are problems with drivers and steam installs, etc... basic stuff that's not really available in one spot on the Internet anywhere, but would fill a definite need with the way things are evolving.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

???

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

• 2 weeks later...

i know this is not the place to ask this question but how and where do i set my system specs?

If you know it's not the right place, why did you post it?

You can see the categories, and there will be one for your question!

I'm here to learn and help others!

If you know it's not the right place, why did you post it?

You can see the categories, and there will be one for your question!

dude thanks.... but this was posted almost 2 years ago

• 4 weeks later...

any way to mark multiple as solved? Multiple questions asked and multiple solved

me

• 2 weeks later...

any way to mark multiple as solved? Multiple questions asked and multiple solved

You could quote those posts and then mark your post as solved, that way all the posts from other people will appear at the top of the thread. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Okay here's how it works.

The original poster as well as moderators and admins will see options on replies to a thread only in this section that will give the option to mark as sovled. In the subforum solved questions will be marked with the solved tags.

As I said, this feature is only applicable currently to this area of the forum. 

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 

Can we get an edit to the OP that adds a picture showing where the button is?

It's amazing how many people don't see it!

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

• 2 months later...

It is a shame that posters are able to mark their own answers as the best answer and "SOLVED" therefore gaming the system and upping their Rep.... Sad......

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

• 6 months later...

This thread is meant to demonstrate how the "Mark Solved" feature works in this sub-forum. The original poster may flag any post within the responses as the best answer by clicking "Mark Solved" and it will float to the top for anyone who views the thread in the future.

I'm not really sure how this works. Is there anyone that can help me (hopefully Slick)

Senpai ;-;

• 2 years later...
On 4/28/2013 at 2:31 AM, Slick said:

This is an example of "Solved"

why isn't that pinned to the top of the page though???

• 2 years later...
On 5/2/2013 at 4:24 PM, zoltan said:

Maybe it would be nice to further divide this subforum in subfora, e.g. Windows 7, Windows 8, legacy Windows, GNU/Linux+Android x86, GNU/Linux+Android ARM, CPU, GPU, storage, NIC+routers+switches+WiFi adapters, peripherals, etc... because for instance I can help with GNU/Linux troubleshooting, but don't really want to venture into a lot of other things, so it would be nice to have all linux problems together in an overview to save time that could be used for troubleshooting.

As a sidenote, I also think it would be nice to have a separate subforum where people can go to get started with GNU/Linux, how to try it to see what DE they like, how to install it once they've decided, how to troubeshoot if there are problems with drivers and steam installs, etc... basic stuff that's not really available in one spot on the Internet anywhere, but would fill a definite need with the way things are evolving.

May be, this feature wont help users who dont know them..!

hey! i know to use a computer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 6:25 AM, YesImThatGuy said:

Very sus link

image.png.4d47fd231423995aa95b1f600f635b3c.png

a) That post is close to 8 years old

b) Following the link leads to a 404 page