2080ti EVGA Black Hybrid Cooling

So those of you who follow me know that my 2080ti EVGA Black's cooling was absolutely abysmal. Hitting 84c under load. I used a better thermal paste to bring it down enough to overclock it, but it still stayed pegged at 84c. Part of that is due to my case airflow, but the majority is that the EVGA Black is the lowest binned sku for the 2080ti and Turing a horrible architecture when it comes to heat vs pascal. So I decided to water cool it with an aio. Went down to 65c now overclocked with 200 on the core and 700 on the memory. While still hot for an AIO, its much more acceptable, this is in a push pull configuration with a 50% fan curve which is very quiet.

IMG_20190403_231026.jpg

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

200 on the coresnt really say how fast it is running tho 
what clocks does it run at now ?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

1 hour ago, Thinkfreely said:

So those of you who follow me know that my 2080ti EVGA Black's cooling was absolutely abysmal. Hitting 84c under load. I used a better thermal paste to bring it down enough to overclock it, but it still stayed pegged at 84c. Part of that is due to my case airflow, but the majority is that the EVGA Black is the lowest binned sku for the 2080ti and Turing a horrible architecture when it comes to heat vs pascal. So I decided to water cool it with an aio. Went down to 65c now overclocked with 200 on the core and 700 on the memory. While still hot for an AIO, its much more acceptable, this is in a push pull configuration with a 50% fan curve which is very quiet.

Do you think it's a manufacturing/quality control issue that they can sort out at this point or more of a design flaw? This is the card I have my eye on for my next build as it's the "cheapest" 2080ti but I don't want to spend all that money on something that is going to be running near max temps without an overclock.