Signature 'Show More' Bug

r2724r16
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Your signature, when wrapped over 4 lines, looks like it's borderline for the height limit. My guess is that it varies slightly depending on whether fonts have loaded, or something along those lines.

While bugs with the show more functionality are possible to fix, I don't think there's anything that can be done here. The logic is just if (signature.height() > maxHeight) { ... do stuff }, so it's not trying to do fancy things and getting caught out.

iPad Air 2 // iOS 12.1.4 // Google Chrome (Version 73.0.3683.68)

Sorry if I explain this poorly... So once in a while, I'll have this "glitch" where I get the option to 'see more' of my signature even though that option is not needed (since my signature is already pretty short). Reloading the page fixes the issue but it's kinda annoying. And this "glitch" also occurs on my PC (Windows 10, Google Chrome) sometimes. And I'm sure these pictures will explain the issue better than I can:

Here's a screenshot of the "glitch": 998AECF7-6FDC-406B-B4F7-247860001DB9.thumb.jpeg.4493a699083b0098ad86b73afd55707a.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of what's supposed to show (the issue was fixed by reloading the page):F613E668-E4B0-4B69-A07F-ED28350D85CB.thumb.jpeg.a19eb16bd38f7e8c24acd77b6efd0a81.jpeg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks! 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

In this case, showing more does in fact show more. It adds the "C TG (White)" and everything following that.

Edit:

Wait, you're talking about how it sometimes asks to expand down sometimes while other times it doesn't? That's odd.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

19 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Wait, you're talking about how it sometimes asks to expand down sometimes while other times it doesn't?

Yep. It almost always doesn't ask to expand down, but sometimes it does.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Yeah. Now that I'm actually looking for it, I'm getting it too.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Your signature, when wrapped over 4 lines, looks like it's borderline for the height limit. My guess is that it varies slightly depending on whether fonts have loaded, or something along those lines.

While bugs with the show more functionality are possible to fix, I don't think there's anything that can be done here. The logic is just if (signature.height() > maxHeight) { ... do stuff }, so it's not trying to do fancy things and getting caught out.

HTTP/2 203