Tech Armory's "Gladius" oil cooled PC

The Singapore-based company Tech Armory, recently launched a Indiegogo fundraiser, for their brand new mineral oil cooled computer.

In their campaign video, they claim that the Gladius, will "run the games much smoother", and "not warm up the room at all". I really need to call bullshit on that. Or maybe it's just because they think of League of Legends as "full load"?

The mineral oil have the capacity to hold quite much heat by itself, but if it "doesn't heat up the room at all", there it will hit a point in which you would need to release heat to somewhere else in order to keep the components cool. 

When you place a Titan and a i7-4770K inside the case, it will drain as much power, and generate as much heat, as any equivalent water- or aircooled system.

They charge 3,088$ for the full-size Gladius.

Just some fun from the FAQ:

Is there a DIY Kit and can I just buy the case?
We do not have a DIY Kit although we realise that there is a demand for it in the PC market. We do not sell just the case because of our experience in testing components from the different brands for submersion. 

Unfortunately, as PC Component Manufacturers design their products differently, there is a chance that their methods would react negatively to the liquid. Some brands use a non-standard capacitor on their circuit board that actually starts leaking its electrically conductive contents when exposed to prolonged submersion. This leads to a conductive environment in the oil that will destroy all parts submerged within.

As a result, we only offer parts that have been tested in our system, which will be covered under two years warranty.

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language)

Intel i5-3570K @3.8GHz - Corsair H100 - Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H - Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x4GB - MSI R7850 Twin Frozr III - Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 520 Series 60GB SSD - Western Digital 2TB

i7 + Titan under oil

League of legends and Path of Exile

The problem with most cooling solutions out there is the fact that once a computer is shut down, they stop working. However, the heat remains trapped and the resulting buildup can cause damage to your components.
Our Anima system, on the other hand, provides ‘always on’ heat dissipation which passively cools the computer even when the machine has been switched off, giving the protection and cooling that it needs the most.

No Additional Power For Cooling:

By using passive cooling in the Gladius, no additional power is required for cooling. This means very significant savings every year on power which is good news for all of us who like to game long hours through the day and night.

Yv11Oqz.gif

Error: 410

imagine shipping that thing....

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

it better have the best packaging, or some with the oil out of the Pc, or it will make one HUGE mess. 

nope nope nope.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

i7 + Titan under oil

League of legends and Path of Exile

Pretty much sums up what I got from that video.... an epic LOL

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

What a turd. Idiots.

Without a way to transfer the heat to the air around it effectively, the oil will continually heat up, for the most part.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

you know what i want? someone who offers to add the cooling system to your already assembled system rather than buy a new one for 200% of the component's original cost. we have enough razers and alienwares

So Path of exile and FTL: Faster Than Light. Sounds like you really need to re-thin your hardware pecs.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Whut NO SOUND AT ALL? Only heard keyboard and mouse? TechArmory doesn't have speakers?

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!