Cryorig h7 for i7 8700 under heavy load

Quzzu
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
1 minute ago, Quzzu said:

That's what I thought. I just saw lots of people saying their cpu runs too hot 

They are probably overclocking or using the stock cooler. The stock cooler might as well be for display because it is inadequate. For overclocking it certainly can run too hot even if it isn't extreme. At stock it shouldnt be a problem and it will adjust the turbo if it starts to get too hot. 

Just like above. I wonder if cryorig h7 will be good enough for my i7 8700 under heavy load. Don't know much about this cooler but I heard it's pretty good. I'll be playing AAA titles a lot. I plan on doing some editing and 3d stuff but I plan on upgrading my cooler before that 

3 minutes ago, Quzzu said:

Just like above. I wonder if cryorig h7 will be good enough for my i7 8700 under heavy load. Don't know much about this cooler but I heard it's pretty good. I'll be playing AAA titles a lot. I plan on doing some editing and 3d stuff but I plan on upgrading my cooler before that 

I think so

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Because it is the non k variant so it wont be overclocked it should be fine. Usually you want the super beefy cooling for when you are overclocking or you have the an i9 9900k.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Because it is the non k variant so it wont be overclocked it should be fine. Usually you want the super beefy cooling for when you are overclocking or you have the an i9 9900k.

1 minute ago, Quzzu said:

They are probably overclocking or using the stock cooler. The stock cooler might as well be for display because it is inadequate. For overclocking it certainly can run too hot even if it isn't extreme. At stock it shouldnt be a problem and it will adjust the turbo if it starts to get too hot. 

The H7 is plenty if not a bit overkill for a 8700. 

Unless your temps are too high or the current cooler is too noisy, there's no need to get a new one. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can also control voltages if you aren't happy with temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv