Is a h310 motherboard good with an i5-9400f?

I was just wandering if a h310 is any good with an i5-9400f because I heard that an I5 is best with a b350 but I want to know the reason 

4 minutes ago, Penk said:

I was just wandering if a h310 is any good with an i5-9400f because I heard that an I5 is best with a b350 but I want to know the reason 

B360*

and which H310 motherboard? it really depends on that

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

NO DO NOT GET A H310 BOARD, they have 6 pcie 2.0 lanes which would DESTROY your graphical performance. The VRMS would be TRASH as well. Do NOT get a h310 board.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

3 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

NO DO NOT GET A H310 BOARD, they have 6 pcie 2.0 lanes which would DESTROY your graphical performance. The VRMS would be TRASH as well. Do NOT get a h310 board.

No, those are the Chipset PCIE Lanes not the CPU PCIE Lanes, and the CPU lanes remain unchanged supporting 16 lanes 3.0 for the 1st slot.

6 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

B360*

and which H310 motherboard? it really depends on that

The msi h310m pro-vd

Just now, Penk said:

The msi h310m pro-vd 

Yeah.. no, I wouldn't put an i5-9400F in there, the board is too low quality in general and mainly in terms of VRM's (Power Delivery for the CPU)

48 minutes ago, Penk said:

The msi h310m pro-vd

then i would suggest at least a b360 (b350=amd), but if you were to upgrade to a k series down the line, i would even suggest a good z370 or z390

OMG you people...  I'm putting the 9400f in my MSI h310i, I doubt with 65W TDP it's going to be tearing up VRMs. Plus it's 160 at new egg for a few more days.

You guys should relax a little, none of this crap is rocket surgery.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:05 AM, LukeSavenije said:

then i would suggest at least a b360 (b350=amd), but if you were to upgrade to a k series down the line, i would even suggest a good z370 or z390

Imo that's a waste; either get a z370/390 with an unlocked i7+ NOW, or don't bother getting the z370/390 and just get the 9400 with a b360 or something.

It's throwing money away to buy a 9400 now only to upgrade to an i7 later.........In fact, don't even get the 9400. The amount of people posting with haswell-kabylake i5s asking about suggestions and being told to buy an i7 respective to their motherboards should be a good indicator. If they had spent $100 more when they got they're i5s and got i7s instead, they wouldn't be here asking. Buy the unlocked i7 and forget about it for 5 years, or better yet get the 2600 as goldenlad mentioned.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 3/23/2019 at 6:31 AM, GoldenLag said:

h series boards

H310 specifically, since H370 is the step down from Z series so it's usually quite premium

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 hours ago, fargonaz said:

OMG you people...  I'm putting the 9400f in my MSI h310i, I doubt with 65W TDP it's going to be tearing up VRMs. Plus it's 160 at new egg for a few more days.

You guys should relax a little, none of this crap is rocket surgery.

So you are putting an expencive CPU, in a unreliable featureless board where the VRM is going to give out in the future.

There is a reason why H and A series boards are avoided (not H370).

Its because they cheap out on the allready cheap B series boards. 

Get a 2600 and a B450m Pro4 board and not waste your money getting a 9400 and a crap and unreliable board.

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 7:22 AM, GoldenLag said:

So you are putting an expencive CPU, in a unreliable featureless board where the VRM is going to give out in the future.

There is a reason why H and A series boards are avoided (not H370).

Its because they cheap out on the allready cheap B series boards. 

I have had my i5 8600 with OC'd 1070ti on a h310m-a for about a year, completely reliable and saved me about £100 at the time

21 minutes ago, GerbilPlays said:

I have had my i5 8600 with OC'd 1070ti on a h310m-a for about a year, completely reliable and saved me about £100 at the time

This thread is 3 months old.,...

Also why?

Why would you deliberatly shorten the lifespan of your PC by putting it in a barebones board. Aswell as not valancing the cost and getting good components?

Same argument comes from people who buy crap PSUs. "But it works", never said it wasnt gonna work. There are just a lot of reason why you shouldnt be doing any of it.