Corsair vs Razer

PinnySkenis

I like linear switches, but I just can’t decide. Should I get:

Razer Blackwidow elite with Yellows

OR

K70 mk2 with Reds

Also like to hear good/bad experiences with these companies as well.

That's pretty funny, that you would consider razer...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

So Corsair I’m guessing

Just now, ThiccSon said:

So Corsair I’m guessing

Yeah, or ducky.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, ThiccSon said:

I like linear switches, but I just can’t decide. Should I get:

Razer Blackwidow elite with Yellows

OR

K70 mk2 with Reds

Also like to hear good/bad experiences with these companies as well.

Try them out and see what you like. People don't like Razer because some of their stuff is overpriced and they've pushed the whole "elite gamer" thing on their advertising, but in the end what matters is your personal preference.

If you care about RGB software, I can tell you that the Corsair software is far easier to use, but Razer keeps changing stuff so it's harder to use.

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Brand loyalty is stupid. I've got Razer Yellow switches and I like them a lot. They're incredibly quiet for mechanical switches (more so than the "silent" variant of Cherry Reds) and are very easy on my joints.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Brand loyalty is stupid. I've got Razer Yellow switches and I like them a lot. They're incredibly quiet for mechanical switches (more so than the "silent" variant of Cherry Reds) and are very easy on my joints.

This is the opposite of brand loyalty.

Razer is crap, statistically speaking.

Lucky you haven't had any problems.

Spoiler

Razer keyboard is fine now they have switched to greetech and not using kailh anymore but their keyboard is still overpriced.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 minutes ago, seon123 said:

They use both, apparently.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Razer_switch

Please read thoroughly

image.png.830d0096bae52d919d751d76672fd7fe.png

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Please read thoroughly

image.png.830d0096bae52d919d751d76672fd7fe.png

No u

It doesn't say that Greetech is the exclusive manufacturer. Just that Greetech switches have been found in newer keyboards. 

Also, from source 7:

Update, 6/23/16, 10:55am PT: After publishing the original article below, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan reached out to me to disconfirm the Kaihua statement about the exclusivity of the Razer Green switch. I have now been informed that, as I previously wrote, there are still multiple manufacturers producing the Razer Green switch. Kaihua is one of them. Greetech is another. Razer would not state whether there are others. 

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

No u

It doesn't say that Greetech is the exclusive manufacturer. Just that Greetech switches have been found in newer keyboards. 

Also, from source 7:

Perhaps i didn't make myself clear enough because very few people actually knows about Razer switch so let me explain a little bit.

-In 2014 Razer switched from CherryMX to Kailh Switches they use the switch made by Kailh but follow the razer own specification for their blackwidow lineup and their switch are very low quality at the time.

-In 2015 they partner up with Greetech and the problem went away and Razer own the production line this time.

In producing these switches, Razer has worked with multiple third party partners. The company tends to shy away from naming these, but the presence of the Kailh logo on its switches has always been a giveaway of one. However, that's changing now – in line with its BlackWidow announcement, Razer has revealed that its switches are now essentially produced in-house. We say essentially since it still doesn't actually own an entire factory, but over the last couple of years it has made heavy investments into the production of the Razer Mechanical Switch to the point where it is now responsible for all stages of the process. Razer has its own research and development team, is responsible for the production of all the individual switch components, and owns production lines and the tooling on them, again with its own staff overseeing everything. Also, there will now be no third party logos on the switches

Their switches has been improved since then.

-In 2016 they switch back to Cherry MX blue for their Blackwidow ultimate and X series (and only for that keyboard not the chroma model, The chroma still continue to use green switch)

With all this talk of Razer Mechanical Switches, it's easy to forget that Razer was using Cherry MX switches when it first launched the BlackWidow in 2010, somewhat kick-starting the whole mechanical gaming keyboard trend. The final bit of news we have to share with you today is that, due to popular demand, Razer will be reintroducing Cherry MX Blue switches to select BlackWidow lines, namely the BlackWidow Ultimate, BlackWidow X Ultimate and BlackWidow X Tournament Edition. Flagship Chroma-enabled keyboards are sticking to Razer's switches exclusively.

and somewhere around 2017-2018 razer invented yet another of their own switch design for their keyboard.

If you bought the old stock/discontinued product they still use the old green switch but The later one use the new one and i havent see someone find kailh switch being used in their new keyboard. Most of their newer blackwidow use Greetech switch/Razer own.

Now Razer own the production line and use their new design for the keyboard such as the new Yellow,orange,green switch and the new Razer opto switch which received a good reviews.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

35 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Perhaps i didn't make myself clear enough because very few people actually knows about Razer switch so let me explain a little bit.

-In 2014 Razer switched from CherryMX to Kailh Switches they use the switch made by Kailh but follow the razer own specification for their blackwidow lineup and their switch are very low quality at the time.

-In 2015 they partner up with Greetech and the problem went away and Razer own the production line this time.

-quote-

The Bit-tech article you quoted was from March 2016. The Tomshardware article I quoted was from June 2016. And there, the claim is that both Kaihua and Greetech manufacture the switches.

40 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

If you bought the old stock/discontinued product they still use the old green switch but The later one use the new one and i havent see someone find kailh switch being used in their new keyboard. Most of their newer blackwidow use Greetech switch/Razer own

Razer's own switches are the ones made by both Kaihua and Greetech (and possibly also other, undisclosed ones). Razer can of course call all of these switches "Razer switches".

42 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Now Razer own the production line and use their new design for the keyboard such as the new Yellow,orange,green switch and the new Razer opto switch which received a good reviews.

Pretty much any switch gets good reviews from mainstream media. Just look at all the Cherry MX switches. I haven't checked up on the Razer switches, so I won't definitely say that they're bad or good.

:)

11 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The Bit-tech article you quoted was from March 2016. The Tomshardware article I quoted was from June 2016. And there, the claim is that both Kaihua and Greetech manufacture the switches.

I know..i quoted that because razer own the production line at the time and it was explained in the article in 2016..3 years ago and things has changed now.

Razer's own switches are the ones made by both Kaihua and Greetech (and possibly also other, undisclosed ones). Razer can of course call all of these switches "Razer switches".

From what i heard they're no longer rely on both kaihua or greetech, They make their own switches now, not long after they own the production line and the wiki hasn't been update i guess.

But some customer reported that their Blackwidow chroma uses greetech (i forgot where its from but i have read it somewhere on a mechanical keyboard forum although he didnt provide any pictures and enough details to support his statement).

Pretty much any switch gets good reviews from mainstream media. Just look at all the Cherry MX switches. I haven't checked up on the Razer switches, so I won't definitely say that they're bad or good.

Whats wrong with Cherry? they make a good long lasting switch and that's the only good thing about them.

The switches themselves are meh, it feels inconsistent across the board, it wobble and it lack of variation. But it last a long time.

Dont take me wrong, i use the blue one here.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

I wouldn't say good reviews. Also, Razer Opto switch is basically just a re-branded LK Orange switch. 

7 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Whats wrong with Cherry? they make a good long lasting switch and that's the only good thing about them.

The switches themselves are meh, it feels inconsistent across the board, it wobble and it lack of variation. But it last a long time.

Dont take me wrong, i use the blue one here.

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with Cherry itself, but they're not great at anything (At least modern day cherry), Their switches don't last the longest, decent consistency, decent variation, and they don't have that much wobble tbh. What seon's point was I think was that despite how lackluster cherry switches are many mainstream reviewers who describe them as the creme de la creme switch, silky smooth (Not true, they're quite scratchy), fine German engineering and over engineered design (Even though they're an American company and have very unremarkable and rudimentary designs) etc. 

2 minutes ago, b emoji said:

I wouldn't say good reviews. Also, Razer Opto switch is basically just a re-branded LK Orange switch. 

I havent look deeper into that switch but do they have the same exact specs? if yes then its just LK Clone if not then it is not just like the misconception of the old razer green switch.

3 minutes ago, b emoji said:

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with Cherry itself, but they're not great at anything (At least modern day cherry), Their switches don't last the longest, decent consistency, decent variation, and they don't have that much wobble tbh. What seon's point was I think was that despite how lackluster cherry switches are many mainstream reviewers who describe them as the creme de la creme switch, silky smooth (Not true, they're quite scratchy), fine German engineering and over engineered design (Even though they're an American company and have very unremarkable and rudimentary designs) etc. 

Well they have their own opinions about it i guess..some really like cherry some didn't..so i don't blame them just never take someone else opinion for granted especially for thing like switch in which could be subjective most of the times because it rely on feels rather than something like CPU/GPU/PSU in which we can benchmark to see how it perform.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I would say Corsair ive been using corsair keyboards for a while and they work really well, 

(Take anything I say with a grain of salt)

[Main Pc] CPU, i5 9600k GPU, Asus Strix RTX 2060, RAM, 16b Team Group Delta RGB, PSU, Seasonic Px-750 plat , Cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L RGB, Storage, 500gb Samsung 950 evo/1tb WD blue/2tb HDD,Case, Enermax ECA3520. + some cooler master RGB fans

[Laptop] Dell G3, i7-8750H (Turbo 4.2 Ghz), Gtx 1050 ti , 8gb 2669 mhz, 128gb nvme ssd, 1tb HDD

[Server]

[Consoles] Pretty much almost every popular one you can think of besides for like Xbox and some Sega Stuff( Playstation especially)

[Mobile Devices] iPhone XR 64gb (Red) gb, iPad Air 2 128gb, Space Grey,  Ipod Shuffle Space Grey